District 4-AAA

LCityplayer

This should not be surprising to anyone who has followed basketball in this District. As we predicted, Bearden's girls have once again started their meltdown. After a lucky start to their season they are going into the tank--right before they play the real leaders in District. Their players don't know how to deal with the pressure of big games coming so they quit.

Basketball is a team sport and team chemistry is key. Bearden gets a few good players, but they play as individuals and don't have heart. And their new coach has apparently not been able to get this bunch to want to play hard or even play together.

It would be interesting if Bearden were a true rival for us in girls basketball--but to have a rivalry we need a team to play against. It remains to be seen if there will be enough of them left to put a team on our floor next week. Bearden's time pretending to be District leader is done. I predict that next week they are run out of the gym! Twice.

I think its pretty bad to come on here and question the heart of a group of high school girls. I get that there is competition between the two schools, but the players all seem to like each other and the coaches seem friendly. Let the girls play the game and lets avoid criticizing 15-18 year old high school girls. Lets not lose our perspective.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its pretty bad to come on here and question the heart of a group of high school girls. I get that there is competition between the two schools, but the players all seem to like each other and the coaches seem friendly. Let the girls play the game and lets avoid criticizing 15-18 year old high school girls. Lets not lose our perspective.

Well said!

Not sure what happened at William Blount....but they have made a remarkable turnaround !

They have beaten Farragut, Maryville, Walker Valley and McMinn Central since mid December.

Looks like they may a tough tournament foe.

I agree, I think they will get better as the season goes on. I saw them play Bearden and they are a good team, they have good shooters and a very good point guard. I think people underestimate teams sometimes, this is a team that could go far in the district.

I agree, I think they will get better as the season goes on. I saw them play Bearden and they are a good team, they have good shooters and a very good point guard. I think people underestimate teams sometimes, this is a team that could go far in the district.

The lack of solid post play may spell their doom, but......

Hope to see them soon. Love to watch a small team "get after It".

A total team effort by our Lady Ads tonite to dominate Heritage by 16! This was a nice tuneup and confidence builder for the first of our biannual trouncings of Bearden. It was good to see everyone contributing from a hardworking, talented, and deep team which is well-coached and prepared.

Lady Ads all lookin' forward to fun this Friday night when District 4-AAA's true leaders will for sure show some undersized upstarts with none of the above who's boss.

Edited by ladadad

A total team effort by our Lady Ads tonite to dominate Heritage by 16! This was a nice tuneup and confidence builder for the first of our biannual trouncings of Bearden. It was good to see everyone contributing from a hardworking, talented, and deep team which is well-coached and prepared.

Lady Ads all lookin' forward to fun this Friday night when District 4-AAA's true leaders will for sure show some undersized upstarts with none of the above who's boss.

First of all, Bearden STILL leading district after beating Maryville, is really messing with you. You talk as if Farragut has 4 or 5 girls the size of "Brittany Griner" and come on Bearden has talented , hardworking girls or we would not be leading district right now! We have injured players so bench is not deep right now, but they will heal. As far as Farragut trouncing Bearden, I would not be so sure . You also predicted we would be running out of gym twice this week, well you were wrong . Bearden did not run out tonight at Maryville!

We're not sayin that Lady Ads are Brittany Griners-just that they're consistently better than this bunch of lady dogs--as you'll get to see on Friday, just like you did last year. As coolcoach has said, Whitney Smith is simply the best guard in District 4-AAA. Blevins, Brinson, Jameson, and Overton all outclass their Bearden counterparts and our bench is way better than Bearden's.

As for Bearden's so-called victory over Maryville, we've heard from friends there that the Lady Rebels dominated that game until the last seconds, when a couple of bad bounces, no-calls by refs, and two lucky shots by a sophmore and freshman let the game get away.

On Friday, Bearden's run of luck ends. The refs are not going to give them this game. Lucky bounces are not going to make a difference against a Team that is bigger, better conditioned, faster, and better coached. We own Bearden, and this is a big game where little inexperienced kids won't handle the pressure!

We're not sayin that Lady Ads are Brittany Griners-just that they're consistently better than this bunch of lady dogs--as you'll get to see on Friday, just like you did last year. As coolcoach has said, Whitney Smith is simply the best guard in District 4-AAA. Blevins, Brinson, Jameson, and Overton all outclass their Bearden counterparts and our bench is way better than Bearden's.

As for Bearden's so-called victory over Maryville, we've heard from friends there that the Lady Rebels dominated that game until the last seconds, when a couple of bad bounces, no-calls by refs, and two lucky shots by a sophmore and freshman let the game get away.

On Friday, Bearden's run of luck ends. The refs are not going to give them this game. Lucky bounces are not going to make a difference against a Team that is bigger, better conditioned, faster, and better coached. We own Bearden, and this is a big game where little inexperienced kids won't handle the pressure!

Well as I have said before, you will see who the best point guard is, when J J runs all over Farragut and she will run all over Farragut! As for Maryville, teams that loose always blame it on bad calls from refs. The lucky shots by the sophomore, well I am gonna say she has probably out scored anyone on Farraguts team this season, so she must be having a lucky game, every game! Better Coached, thats a good one, same coach you had last year, only you had more talent and still could not win district. Trust me, I have seen enough girls basketball games, to know bigger is not always better!

Bearden does have some talented players but tends to go to that selfish 1 on 1 play. The Lady Admiral's will take it all because we do have great team chemistry. As I've said previously we also have the Best players, Bigger players, and a much Deeper bench. Whitney can shoot the sweetest "all net three pointers" but she also sees the floor beautifully and generously distributes the ball to her teamates- Katie, Blevins, Brinson, etc. which will make it tough for Bearden and other teams to defend against. Lady Admirals Rule!

Edited by coolcoach

Bearden does have some talented players but tends to go to that selfish 1 on 1 play. The Lady Admiral's will take it all because we do have great team chemistry. As I've said previously we also have the Best players, Bigger players, and a much Deeper bench. Whitney can shoot the sweetest "all net three pointers" but she also sees the floor beautifully and generously distributes the ball to her teamates-Katie, Maddie, Brinson, Becka, etc., which will make it tough for Bearden and other teams to defend against. Lady Admirals Rule!

To take it all you have to not loose and lets see Farragut has a lose to William Blount. They also will have to play William Blount again and Maryville twice, both good teams. Farragut may have BIG girls, but like I said bigger is not always better. Farragut may have a deep bench, but I guess deep benches still can loose (william blount) right? How can you say you have the Best players, when you lost to William Blount and you haven't played Maryville or the district leader BEARDEN ! Does not matter if its a "all net three" it counts the same if it goes in and is shot from behind the line. J J does this sweet little thing also " runs all over a team". So you should not count your wins, until you have played all the teams in the district TWICE!