Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

I do;t think its if we can play with the big boys for me its the fact that we dont beat the teams we should and we don't compete very well at other times yes there is sometimes we look good but that is when we play schools that are not traditionally very good, the other facts are we can't keep kids coming I know of two very very good football players that were considering KCHS but have been waiting on the coaching move if one happensm just look at the people that this coach as ran off , our number one , two and three boosters many other players that would have been players for us but, has the rumor mill goes the story is the ADMIN love him and think he is the answer, for me I think if you can't look at the facts and make the right decisiom then maybe we need new admin, take a poll AD and you will find that a large % of folks want a CHANGE

Hey footballsense. I get that you care, and I truly hate it for you, the kids, and the families of all those impacted. Fact is that the AD has been posting in this thread under "CoachKCHS", and it is painfully obvious that he is as lost as an Easter egg. The feeder program had two good teams this year...some combination of 6th & 7th grade kids. The talent on those teams will not go to Catholic. The 8th grade team went 3-5, while the freshman and JV teams were not successful, and ultimately unable to field the numbers required to play.

KCHS made a decision in 2009 to deemphasize athletics. They came to believe that there was too much focus on athletics at the expense of academic and spiritual development. Pemberton was forced out within months of winning a state championship, and with 15 of 22 starters returning. He had no desire to leave and had looked forward to running his system against the “Big Boys.†He had the program on a roll, from feeder program, to strength and conditioning, to media relations, to a deep a broad network of colleges that knew that they would good kids that would contribute. Courtney, Qualres, Cummings, and Taylor all danced a jig when Pemberton left. No Wing-T, ball control, eat the clock, great pursuit angle, gang tackling, special team mistake free team to deal with.

It's over. Actually, it's been over. Good luck.

Hey footballsense. I get that you care, and I truly hate it for you, the kids, and the families of all those impacted. Fact is that the AD has been posting in this thread under "CoachKCHS", and it is painfully obvious that he is as lost as an Easter egg. The feeder program had two good teams this year...some combination of 6th & 7th grade kids. The talent on those teams will not go to Catholic. The 8th grade team went 3-5, while the freshman and JV teams were not successful, and ultimately unable to field the numbers required to play.

KCHS made a decision in 2009 to deemphasize athletics. They came to believe that there was too much focus on athletics at the expense of academic and spiritual development. Pemberton was forced out within months of winning a state championship, and with 15 of 22 starters returning. He had no desire to leave and had looked forward to running his system against the “Big Boys.†He had the program on a roll, from feeder program, to strength and conditioning, to media relations, to a deep a broad network of colleges that knew that they would good kids that would contribute. Courtney, Qualres, Cummings, and Taylor all danced a jig when Pemberton left. No Wing-T, ball control, eat the clock, great pursuit angle, gang tackling, special team mistake free team to deal with.

It's over. Actually, it's been over. Good luck.

Ha! Quarles dancing a "jig" that Pemberton left. If you believe that the it's you who may have lost an Easter egg.

That Wing-T, ball control, eat the clock, blah blah blah, would have been eaten alive year after year even if he was still there. Face it, Catholic's going to go back to the days when they were getting beat by the Greenbacks of the world on a regular basis unless Rankin comes to town.

Ha! Quarles dancing a "jig" that Pemberton left. If you believe that the it's you who may have lost an Easter egg.

That Wing-T, ball control, eat the clock, blah blah blah, would have been eaten alive year after year even if he was still there. Face it, Catholic's going to go back to the days when they were getting beat by the Greenbacks of the world on a regular basis unless Rankin comes to town.

JSamson. I could care less if Catholic wins another game. If you think that GQ was as dismissive of Pemberton when the region was announced, I'd suggest you....well, you'd be wrong. Rankin is no more going Catholic than he is going back to Smith County,,,,,where he, Maynord, and oh yeah Pemberton all have roots. BTW, Catholic would never get beat by Greenback; but Heritage, now that's another matter :roflol:

JSamson. I could care less if Catholic wins another game. If you think that GQ was as dismissive of Pemberton when the region was announced, I'd suggest you....well, you'd be wrong. Rankin is no more going Catholic than he is going back to Smith County,,,,,where he, Maynord, and oh yeah Pemberton all have roots. BTW, Catholic would never get beat by Greenback; but Heritage, now that's another matter :roflol:

Go back & check your records... Greenback & Catholic played each other on a regular basis & Greenback won convincingly every time.

1991 - GHS 65 KCHS 7

1992 - GHS 39 KCHS 0

1993 - GHS 24 KCHS 6

1994 - GHS 30 KCHS 6

1995 - GHS 34 KCHS 18 & GHS 33 KCHS 0 (PLAYOFFS)

1996 - GHS 39 KCHS 7

Edited by JSamson7

Coach Rankin is highly respected by CAK, but I don't think CAK would trade Coach Bradley and staff for anyone, and I am pretty confident that they don't plan on leaving any time soon. For a variety of reasons, CAK is a perfect fit for Coach Bradley IMO.

I've heard rumblings about Bradley entertaining a move to Grace Christian. First couple times I heard it I just blew it off as late season rumors but it is persisting from some folks a little more knowledgeable than in the beginning. Any thing in the wind about it around your part of town?

I've heard rumblings about Bradley entertaining a move to Grace Christian. First couple times I heard it I just blew it off as late season rumors but it is persisting from some folks a little more knowledgeable than in the beginning. Any thing in the wind about it around your part of town?

:wacko: McKamey just finished at 10-0 and Bradley is playing for the gold ball at CAK.:wacko:

Edited by Moronicus

:wacko: McKamey just finished at 10-0 and Bradley is playing for the gold ball at CAK.:wacko:

I understand how each team did or is doing this season. I'm just not sure GCA is content with the image they are winning with. Didn't say it was happening, just said that the rumor has persisted long after most have faded so I asked govolsknox if he had heard anything. I'm sure he probably will not divulge any info on the "T" especially with a title shot coming this weekend but I know he is very knowledgeable on CAK football. I agree it would be a strange thing if it were to happen & unless GCA is really committed to changing public image I can't imagine they would even be shopping.

That would be the biggest surprise to me and the others that are close to the football program at CAK. Rusty Bradley has turned down opportunities to coach at Carson Newman in recent years so I doubt he would leave for another area high school. He is content at CAK. Additionally he has a special affection for the Jr. class with all the record setting receivers and QB that fit his passing offense perfectly. Additionally, and more importantly, you have to have an opening for the coaching job and unless I just missed it, McKamey went 10-0 and will be back to coach the RAMS. But I would never say never. I would lay odds that this rumbling has absolutely no merit.