McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

You didn't see the Englewood Central scrimmage did ya? I used to think the same thing about Englewood till I watched them scrimmage Central. Englewood would have breezed through Centrals league with maybe the exception of Loudon and Loudon would have to have packed a sack lunch and wear hard hats to beat Englewood. Don't let their league fool ya, they are for real. :thumb:

This Englewood team is for real (in spite of one asssistant coach :D ), and have pulverized many teams from the same areas they'll be playing against in high school. They annihilated an undefeated inner-city team from Chattanooga so bad that their coach finally took his team off the field in the 4th qtr.

Will that translate into a district championship for these guys in high school? Who knows, but it certainly can help, especially when you combine the talent from Etowah coming in, along with the solid freshmen and sophomores on the team.

May I ask how do you know for a fact that them upcoming seniors that did not play this here was because of a girlfriend, want a job , lazy, or lack of drive? lol Thats very opioninated. Nobody or you did not mention they mightve been tired of playing for a coach that acts like he is in the same grade level or maybe they was tired of watching him choose favorites? I sat their at heir banquet last year and watched as the same people got reconized when in my eyes, they didnt do as much as some. Maybe because they were favorites? Unsung players who helped and contributed more never got mentioned. for example, Charles Turner, hardest hitting hard nosed boy who has held his own and played as well as anyone that recieved reconition. Played well for all 4 years to, with a kid if im not mistaken. He didnt even getto be a capitan on senior night.... that is SORRRRRRY! Thats pathetic to know a coach wont let a boy like tat be a capitan on senior night. Another example is Aaron Robinson, that boy played hard and gave it his all the 2 or 3 years he did play. If I recall, he made more tackles this year then some of the "star/favorite" players (Dylan Lawson,Tony Preskitt,etc). Aaron is in my mind one of the better ones. Another example is Cole Paul. He wasnt the greatest player out there but from wat ive seen the kid aways hustled and was coachable. And when someone makes as many tackles as he did from safety, thats not good on the linebackers or d-lines part. Now granted he did get run over alot, but he made tackles when others wasnt. How bout them boys that Goodin never cared about. If you aint a Goodin or a part of the Goodin fan club, then i guess getting reconized is impossible. lol I just get sick of hearing eeryone on here except me and couple others, covering for the coaches. The kids (people saying have no talent) is just a fall back for the coaches not being the "Goodins" haha that everyone cracked up to be. Even if we have no talent, im pretty sure thats what these coaches are suppose to practice for! :thumb:

Edited by RumpleSkin93

This Englewood team is for real (in spite of one asssistant coach :D ), and have pulverized many teams from the same areas they'll be playing against in high school. They annihilated an undefeated inner-city team from Chattanooga so bad that their coach finally took his team off the field in the 4th qtr.

Will that translate into a district championship for these guys in high school? Who knows, but it certainly can help, especially when you combine the talent from Etowah coming in, along with the solid freshmen and sophomores on the team.

Yeah, that one asst. coach would do good to spell football much less coach it. :roflolk: (I can't wait till I see him again so I can tell him about the love he's getting. :mrgreen: )

Edited by 89charger

RumpleSkin93, YOU ARE THE MAN!I agree 100% about the seniors being left out on senior night,That was sorry as he-- on coach goodins part not to let the seniors be captins on senior night.The last home game of your career and you have to watch a sophmore walk out there,come on coaches what's wrong with you!Hey Rumpleskin93,Everything that you just posted is correct and you are not the only one that has seen all of this happen.Can't wait to hear all of these goodin backers on here trying to cover his a-- again. :roflolk:

RumpleSkin93, YOU ARE THE MAN!I agree 100% about the seniors being left out on senior night,That was sorry as he-- on coach goodins part not to let the seniors be captins on senior night.The last home game of your career and you have to watch a sophmore walk out there,come on coaches what's wrong with you!Hey Rumpleskin93,Everything that you just posted is correct and you are not the only one that has seen all of this happen.Can't wait to hear all of these goodin backers on here trying to cover his a-- again. :roflolk:

Lets get one thing straight. I don't care who the coach is. It amazes me how much you know about the program, and I have a son that plays. I tell my son to go out work as hard as he can and be his best. There were times throughout the year that he was frustrated, happens to me all the time. I don't allow my son to blame coaches, teachers, or any athority over him because his fate is in his hands. I am his dad and it is my reponsibility to do the right things when we do not live in a perfect world. I DON'T agree with everything Goodin does, I didn't agree with everything Derrick did. All I can do is try to teach my son lessons from his experiences. There are many reasons kids don't want to play. Heck my loves it and gets tired and makes comments. Football is like life, it is not always easy, there is pain, and thats right crap aint always fair, including for my son. Again telling my son the coaches are junk is not going to motivate him at all, so I will continue to encourage not discourage. I heard this same crap when Derrick was here about how he had his favorites. Don't we all! There are things I would do different, no doubt, but it is not my choice. I will continue to do my best to make my son be the best he can be.

Lets get one thing straight. I don't care who the coach is. It amazes me how much you know about the program, and I have a son that plays. I tell my son to go out work as hard as he can and be his best. There were times throughout the year that he was frustrated, happens to me all the time. I don't allow my son to blame coaches, teachers, or any athority over him because his fate is in his hands. I am his dad and it is my reponsibility to do the right things when we do not live in a perfect world. I DON'T agree with everything Goodin does, I didn't agree with everything Derrick did. All I can do is try to teach my son lessons from his experiences. There are many reasons kids don't want to play. Heck my loves it and gets tired and makes comments. Football is like life, it is not always easy, there is pain, and thats right crap aint always fair, including for my son. Again telling my son the coaches are junk is not going to motivate him at all, so I will continue to encourage not discourage. I heard this same crap when Derrick was here about how he had his favorites. Don't we all! There are things I would do different, no doubt, but it is not my choice. I will continue to do my best to make my son be the best he can be.

Couldn't have said it better myself notice nobody got a reply to that! Thanks Logcabinman

I have refrained from replying here because I guess I just wanted the frustration to get out of everyones system. Heck we almost made it to the third round with about 25 players in 4A and I am frustrated along with others. I am just going to throw it out there that I am an assistant coach at Brainerd, easy to spot if that helps. We scrimaged you folks at Bradley County. I think your team beat us both times we scrimaged that evening. I think we tied South pitt. once, beat Bradley once so it was not like we laid an egg that day. You really cannot just look at wins in a scrimmage because that it just what it is, a scrimmage. What our staff noticed about MC is that how they were coming off the ball getting under pads and maintaining leverage, running backs getting behind their pads, and the defense flying to the ball with kids being where they were suppose to be to make plays. In an nutshell they looked fundamentally sound. Our staff was not the only ones that took notice. Now lets back up to the end of April. Coach put on an excellent weight lifting compitition, and hospitallity was awsome. To everyone involved thank you for the invite, and the first time experience our kids got to enjoy, plan to be back if you will have us. I know Goodin worked his tail off to make that happen. In my opinion you have a knowlegable coach who is working hard to build a program, not just a team. I think you folks up there would be doing yourselves a major disservice if you did not give this coach a chance.

P.S. Your district was also alot tougher this year than anyone expected.

Edited by possum

Congradulations on your parenting skills,much respect!But that still does not excuse coach goodin for some of the things that he has done.You say that your sons fate is in his hands?Then why do we have coaches and teachers?Because they are suppose to teach are kids,that is what they get paid to do.And coach goodin has not been setting very good examples.

I have refrained from replying here because I guess I just wanted the frustration to get out of everyones system. Heck we almost made it to the third round with about 25 players in 4A and I am frustrated along with others. I am just going to throw it out there that I am an assistant coach at Brainerd, easy to spot if that helps. We scrimaged you folks at Bradley County. I think your team beat us both times we scrimaged that evening. I think we tied South pitt. once, beat Bradley once so it was not like we laid an egg that day. You really cannot just look at wins in a scrimmage because that it just what it is, a scrimmage. What our staff noticed about MC is that how they were coming off the ball getting under pads and maintaining leverage, running backs getting behind their pads, and the defense flying to the ball with kids being where they were suppose to be to make plays. In an nutshell they looked fundamentally sound. Our staff was not the only ones that took notice. Now lets back up to the end of April. Coach put on an excellent weight lifting compitition, and hospitallity was awsome. To everyone involved thank you for the invite, and the first time experience our kids got to enjoy, plan to be back if you will have us. I know Goodin worked his tail off to make that happen. In my opinion you have a knowlegable coach who is working hard to build a program, not just a team. I think you folks up there would be doing yourselves a major disservice if you did not give this coach a chance.

P.S. Your district was also alot tougher this year than anyone expected.

Thanks possum and a big Congrats to what you folks accomplished this year...this team did show improvement over last year and short on talent. Just like up in Knoxville right now...another year is deserved to see if the program can be turned around by Coach Goodin. Sure wish folks would just chill a little and see what happens by spring practice!

Edited by elhosel

Congradulations on your parenting skills,much respect!But that still does not excuse coach goodin for some of the things that he has done.You say that your sons fate is in his hands?Then why do we have coaches and teachers?Because they are suppose to teach are kids,that is what they get paid to do.And coach goodin has not been setting very good examples.

It is Coach Goodin and his staffs responsiblily to give my son the knowledge he needs to be successful. It is my sons responsibility to take that knowledge- study, work, and carry out his responsibility. If my son does not put in the time, effort, and learn his assigments then he will not be successful. I don't know about you but I have never seen a coach make a tackle, interception, or run the ball during a game. It is in my sons hands. If he is setting on his tale right now and not working to get better now that the season is over, then I expect he will not improve and I talk to him about that. Ever heard of self responsibility, I gaurantee my son has. I feel my son improved this year and was put in posistions to be successful. Did he always succeed, no, but it was because he didn't make the play or was in the wrong place- not the coaches fault. Yes coaches make mistakes, say the wrong things sometimes, and yes I do too. I think for now I would rather teach my kid to put it in his own hands and continue teaching him the values I think are important for his future. I am just not one to come on a board and bash a man on a board, if I have a problem with Goodin- I'll take it up with him face to face.