McMinn Central

RumpleSkin93

Congradulations on your parenting skills,much respect!But that still does not excuse coach goodin for some of the things that he has done.You say that your sons fate is in his hands?Then why do we have coaches and teachers?Because they are suppose to teach are kids,that is what they get paid to do.And coach goodin has not been setting very good examples.

What are the "bad examples" that you are referring to?

Teachers get paid to teach the class subject that are teaching. Coaches get paid to teach you how to play football. It's not there job to teach little Johnny right from wrong...that's the parents job.

It is Coach Goodin and his staffs responsiblily to give my son the knowledge he needs to be successful. It is my sons responsibility to take that knowledge- study, work, and carry out his responsibility. If my son does not put in the time, effort, and learn his assigments then he will not be successful. I don't know about you but I have never seen a coach make a tackle, interception, or run the ball during a game. It is in my sons hands. If he is setting on his tale right now and not working to get better now that the season is over, then I expect he will not improve and I talk to him about that. Ever heard of self responsibility, I gaurantee my son has. I feel my son improved this year and was put in posistions to be successful. Did he always succeed, no, but it was because he didn't make the play or was in the wrong place- not the coaches fault. Yes coaches make mistakes, say the wrong things sometimes, and yes I do too. I think for now I would rather teach my kid to put it in his own hands and continue teaching him the values I think are important for his future. I am just not one to come on a board and bash a man on a board, if I have a problem with Goodin- I'll take it up with him face to face.

I respect your opinion,But I will not change mine.Coach goodin and some of his staff either need to grow up and act like adults and set good examples for these boys or step down.They need to quit playing favorites and give credit where credit is due all around.One of the boys that did not play this year told my son that after he told coach goodin that he was not playing his senior year,Coach Goodin would not speak to him or even say hey in the hall way.Coach Goodin would just shake his head and walk bye,Now does that sound like a coach that is trying to get and keep players out there on the football field.NO!It sounds like a big over grown baby to me.

I respect your opinion,But I will not change mine.Coach goodin and some of his staff either need to grow up and act like adults and set good examples for these boys or step down.They need to quit playing favorites and give credit where credit is due all around.One of the boys that did not play this year told my son that after he told coach goodin that he was not playing his senior year,Coach Goodin would not speak to him or even say hey in the hall way.Coach Goodin would just shake his head and walk bye,Now does that sound like a coach that is trying to get and keep players out there on the football field.NO!It sounds like a big over grown baby to me.

I understand, but I cannot control Coach Goodin. That is something he will have to figure out on his own. I only have control over my young man. Playing favorites is definantley an opinion thing. I would hope that coaches put the kids in that gets the job done. I would hope they are not trying to lose. I guess that is why I don't understand playing favorites. Football usually has several coaches assessing positions, this is why playing favorites seems kinda hard to understand.

What are the "bad examples" that you are referring to?

Teachers get paid to teach the class subject that are teaching. Coaches get paid to teach you how to play football. It's not there job to teach little Johnny right from wrong...that's the parents job.

Well now that's funny,Because some people bashed coach derrick for having some troubled players on his team. But boy could they play football! :thumb:

Well now that's funny,Because some people bashed coach derrick for having some troubled players on his team. But boy could they play football! :thumb:

:popcorneater: sure the 08 and 09 teams had some thugs but like you said they sure could play some ball. Coach Derrick did not do the whole baby BS and spoon feed his players. Some of the players and coaches (Goodin) need to get off the bottle and grow up and play ball.

I always took up for Derrick in this aspect because of him trying to acheive an output for those kids that was a positive in their lives. Do you not remember when you were in high school? Man I did some stupid things. Kids will make mistakes, but consistant discipline is the key to correcting mistakes.

I always took up for Derrick in this aspect because of him trying to acheive an output for those kids that was a positive in their lives. Do you not remember when you were in high school? Man I did some stupid things. Kids will make mistakes, but consistant discipline is the key to correcting mistakes.

Which he never had while he was here. Don't get me wrong, he done some good things for Central, but he had little control. Discipline is a huge factor for kids not coming out and staying out, IMO. Kids today dont understand how to be disciplined and work hard to achieve a goal. Most have been given everything and this has taught them "entitlement." This breeds laziness. Discipline is something that has to be taught from an early age. When a kid faces discipline for the first time of his life, how does he react? (due to the environment created by his parent(s)/gaurdian(s)) he naturally retaliates, kicks back, fights it, QUITS, etc....

If Coach Goodin and his staff are trying to implement disclipline, its a tough road. A lot of times you are just going against the grain, so to speak. Goodin would have more players come out and stay out if it wasn't for discipline. Would you trade discipline for wins? Hard to say. For the sake of McMinn Central and fans, I hope Goodin and his staff stick together and right the ship.

I have a question regarding my last statement, before I close. What would be "turning the program around" or "righting the ship?" Is Central supposed to be a perennial powerhouse in Class AA? Or we wanting to at least compete? Whats the solution? Should we expect to be like Alcoa? I know BallCoach would have Central winning 8-10 games a year :thumb: , but is that normal for Central? Let me know where everyone believes Central should be in the years to come.

2012 prediction; at least(7-3) without any excuses!

PS: my secret has to do with basketball

:ph34r:

Which he never had while he was here. Don't get me wrong, he done some good things for Central, but he had little control. Discipline is a huge factor for kids not coming out and staying out, IMO. Kids today dont understand how to be disciplined and work hard to achieve a goal. Most have been given everything and this has taught them "entitlement." This breeds laziness. Discipline is something that has to be taught from an early age. When a kid faces discipline for the first time of his life, how does he react? (due to the environment created by his parent(s)/gaurdian(s)) he naturally retaliates, kicks back, fights it, QUITS, etc....

If Coach Goodin and his staff are trying to implement disclipline, its a tough road. A lot of times you are just going against the grain, so to speak. Goodin would have more players come out and stay out if it wasn't for discipline. Would you trade discipline for wins? Hard to say. For the sake of McMinn Central and fans, I hope Goodin and his staff stick together and right the ship.

I have a question regarding my last statement, before I close. What would be "turning the program around" or "righting the ship?" Is Central supposed to be a perennial powerhouse in Class AA? Or we wanting to at least compete? Whats the solution? Should we expect to be like Alcoa? I know BallCoach would have Central winning 8-10 games a year :thumb: , but is that normal for Central? Let me know where everyone believes Central should be in the years to come.

:ph34r:Did not say I agreed with Derrick, just I understood what he was trying to do with some of those kids. I would rather go 5 and 5 with good kids than 10 and 0 with to many problems. I agree next year we will see more success.

I am getting tired of the cracks on Derrick and having no discipline...people have no idea what went on with those kids, I can promise you they were disciplined, I know because I was part of the staff. We just handled issues internally, folks just guess about stuff instead of getting the facts. Decisions were ALWAYS a staff decision, keeping Jackson was something we all soul searched before we agreed and he met all of the requirements to return to the team we set forth. Yes, he did get kicked off during the season, but again it was a staff decision. We tried to help some of those so called problem kids get a chance to get to the next level so they could leave the inviornment they lived in...some worked out but some didn't...I have no regrets about what we did because I know we did it for the right reasons. Coach Wilkerson was huge with those kids and was probably the toughest on the kids of any of us. Like him or not, just don't make accusations about stuff you don't know is a fact.

I am getting tired of the cracks on Derrick and having no discipline...people have no idea what went on with those kids, I can promise you they were disciplined, I know because I was part of the staff. We just handled issues internally, folks just guess about stuff instead of getting the facts. Decisions were ALWAYS a staff decision, keeping Jackson was something we all soul searched before we agreed and he met all of the requirements to return to the team we set forth. Yes, he did get kicked off during the season, but again it was a staff decision. We tried to help some of those so called problem kids get a chance to get to the next level so they could leave the inviornment they lived in...some worked out but some didn't...I have no regrets about what we did because I know we did it for the right reasons. Coach Wilkerson was huge with those kids and was probably the toughest on the kids of any of us. Like him or not, just don't make accusations about stuff you don't know is a fact.

Sorry to strike a nerve here. Did not "crack" on Coach Derrick, he was a good coach IMO. Everything you mentioned was great, I already knew most of that. However, my "opinion" on his discipline was based solely on a conversation I had with someone close. I was told that Derrick said himself that he had no control over those kids. I'm guessin now that the guy may have been full of it. That staff was doing the best they could with kids that had little to no discipline in their life. If Derrick would have had a tougher discipline code, these kids would have quit day 1. So should Goodin slack up a little more on discipline to get more kids to play and stay?

7 and 3? WOW! Basketball? Interesting.

I think with this weak district that Central plays in,They should at least win more than one game!Don't you think?I agree that a team needs discipline,But on the flip side of a football team they need to have a little additude about them.These teams did not have that,And that goes back to coach goodin and his all star part time staff tearing these boys down,But not building them up by telling them good job when they do something good.Well maybe he told his two all-staters good job.Goodin needs to go coach little league,Where he can goof off and his brothers can only show up part time.