2011 Arby's Classic

MentorFan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your right, but both will have to get through some really good teams to get there. IRMO, SC is the highest ranked team in the tournament. Ursping's front line averages about 6'8" and Christ School, NC is a powerhouse.

I thought Mentor had it tough in the top of the bracket with 2011 state champs like GAC and Craigmont along with Charlotte Christian. But it appears the strength of the tournament is in the bottom of the bracket with a top four of CPA, Urspring, Irmo, and Christ School. Thursday should have a lot of excellent matchups. Wish I could be there!

Arby's Classic Quarterfinal Round For Today

LOSER'S BRACKET

Gate City, VA vs Hurley, VA at 9:00 a.m.

Sullivan East vs Craigmont at 10:30 a.m.

Fort Myers, FL vs Tennessee High at 11:30 a.m.

Irmo, SC vs Tabernacle Baptist, G.B. at 1:30 p.m.

WINNER'S BRACKET

Greater Atlanta, GA vs Mentor, OH at 5:00 p.m.

Charlotte Christian, NC vs Cherokee at 6:30 p.m.

Urspring, Germany vs CPA at 8:00 p.m.

Dobyns-Bennett vs Christ School, NC at 9:30 p.m.

Looking forward to reading about the results of these matchups later tonight :thumb:

The CPA vs Urspring was probably one of the best games I have seen at the Arbys in several years. Both teams seemed to be pretty equal talent wise and both sides appear to be well coached. It was a game that truly could have gone either way, but in the end I believe the slightly better team won the game...

I'm def looking forward to the semi-finals tonight, they should be some very competitive games. Once again, the Arbys has been a great tournament and has brought some top notch teams to the area for us to enjoy.

Today's Schedule Features

Gate City, VA vs Craigmont @ 9:00 a.m.

Fort Myers, FL vs Irmo, SC @ 10:30 a.m.

Greater Atlanta, GA vs Cherokee @ 12:00 p.m.

Urspring, Germany vs Dobyns-Bennett @ 1:30 p.m.

Tonight's Semifinal Schedule Features

Mentor, OH vs Charlotte Christian, NC @ 7:00 p.m.

CPA vs Christ School, NC @ 8:30 p.m.

Two state champions (Irmo, SC and Memphis Craigmont) from last season will meet in the 6th place consolation final. Greater Atlanta Christian (back-to-back state champs in GA) and Urspring meet in the 5th place game. That says a lot as to the depth of this tournament. The 3rd/4th place game (loser of Mentor/Charlotte Christian against loser of Christ School/CPA) tomorrow should also be a good one. It goes without saying the championship game will be excellent. What a way to spend a New Year's Eve day.

Edited by MentorFan