Gville vs. Eagleville

owlball

Coen doesnt have to play all five spots because he is part of an O-Line that is very good. The other OT #77 Cody Payne (6'4"260, Jr.) is having a very good season and our two guards JT Swaim and Spencer Prichard (both Juniors like Payne and Coen)are very good and our center Colby Dedmon (only Senior) does his job very well. Both Gordonsville's O-Line and D-Line will be the best you have seen and will see all year. This is where Gordonsville beats people.

How much experienced depth does G'ville have that may be playing on the line? That might be the biggest factor for E'ville as their starters are very good but depth is questionable as they lost a host of seniors last year.

If they're talking smack then they're not getting it from their coaches, that's for sure, I'll have a word with coach Pip on that, he finds some creative extra workouts for that kinda stuff, trust me, do they start? Maybe you should talk to them and not put it on the whole team? I don't think the mentality of the team is that they're world beaters, they've gotten accustomed to being counted out in almost every game this year and nothing can bring a team together and focused or more determined than that. I seriously doubt they're taking Gordonsville lightly, I know several boys on the team and their parents and they're not made that way. G'ville should get a tough, hard hitting game win or lose.

I don't think its the players that are saying anything. Like I said, its a family competition more than anything. They are now playing for Eagleville and pretty much the whole family graduated from Gville. Its just a family competition. Thats it. Nothing else.

My wife's nephews are Nathan and Andrew Jernigan. I don't know but the smack that has been laid down may just be a family thing since my wife and I and most of the family graduated from Gville. Either way, I think Gville wins by atleast 2 scores.

I know Nathan pretty well on and off the field, don't know his brother as well, he play'd baseball with my son this past season for them. He's one of the finest, well mannered young men I know, I seriously doubt he would be talking any smack unless he was kidding around with his family. He is no smack talker, he's a bringer and he will play his guts out and deliver the blows as a runner or tackler.

I know Nathan pretty well on and off the field, don't know his brother as well, he play'd baseball with my son this past season for them. He's one of the finest, well mannered young men I know, I seriously doubt he would be talking any smack unless he was kidding around with his family. He is no smack talker, he's a bringer and he will play his guts out and deliver the blows as a runner or tackler.

I never said he said anything. The players have not said anything about the game. I am sure they will be ready friday night. Its just family competition between the family. Thats it. Its just not everyday a family gets to have alittle fun with a game. None of the players have said anything.

I never said he said anything. The players have not said anything about the game. I am sure they will be ready friday night. Its just family competition between the family. Thats it. Its just not everyday a family gets to have alittle fun with a game. None of the players have said anything.

So this is not your previous post, word for word:

"Croz, I know I am from across the river but I cheer for Gville every game they are playing except smith county. My wife has two nephews that play for Eagleville and I have heard nothing but them talking smack for the past two weeks. Saying I hope we get the chance to play Gville. Well big eagles the time has arrived. Lets see if you can back up those words. I hope and honestly think Gville will handle them pretty easy. Maybe not mercy rule them but atleast by 2 to 3 scores. Good luck to the Tigers and hope to be cheering you guys on in semis in the jungle against South Pitt."

Sure looks and sounds like you did now that we know who they are. I'll send their dad a copy of this as well. Maybe they'll find it funny. :thumb:

So this is not your previous post, word for word:

"Croz, I know I am from across the river but I cheer for Gville every game they are playing except smith county. My wife has two nephews that play for Eagleville and I have heard nothing but them talking smack for the past two weeks. Saying I hope we get the chance to play Gville. Well big eagles the time has arrived. Lets see if you can back up those words. I hope and honestly think Gville will handle them pretty easy. Maybe not mercy rule them but atleast by 2 to 3 scores. Good luck to the Tigers and hope to be cheering you guys on in semis in the jungle against South Pitt."

Sure looks and sounds like you did now that we know who they are. I'll send their dad a copy of this as well. Maybe they'll find it funny. :thumb:

I never said the kids said anything. Its nothing more than a family competition. Thats it

I never said the kids said anything. Its nothing more than a family competition. Thats it

If it's all in fun and a family thing I get it but you did say nephews and talking smack all week and getting g'ville and followed it with bring it big eagles, so yeah you kinda did or at the very least insinuated it. If it was a family ribbing deal then you shoulda said that in your first post and not made it look like locker room wall fodder to rile people up.

If it's all in fun and a family thing I get it but you did say nephews and talking smack all week and getting g'ville and followed it with bring it big eagles, so yeah you kinda did or at the very least insinuated it. If it was a family ribbing deal then you shoulda said that in your first post and not made it look like locker room wall fodder to rile people up.

I was just making the comment that they played for Eagleville. Yeah I guess I did make it sound like it was them that was saying stuff but that never was the case. They haven't said anything about the game. Should have worded the post alittle different. Meant nothing toward Eagleville or anyone on the team. Things just got taken the wrong way.

I apologize if I upset anyone with the post. That was never my intention. It was poorly worded and just taken the wrong way.

I was just making the comment that they played for Eagleville. Yeah I guess I did make it sound like it was them that was saying stuff but that never was the case. They haven't said anything about the game. Should have worded the post alittle different. Meant nothing toward Eagleville or anyone on the team. Things just got taken the wrong way.

Thanks Owlball, that's what I was looking for. We're all amped up. Personally I think it'll be a great game with a closer score than most seem to think, could be wrong. If you make the trip down be safe.

Thanks Owlball, that's what I was looking for. We're all amped up. Personally I think it'll be a great game with a closer score than most seem to think, could be wrong. If you make the trip down be safe.

Oh, I will be present at the game. Hope for a great showing by both teams. How is the parking at Eagleville. Have never been to a game there.