Rector Wrecked 'Em

UBanksRulz

Reading comprehension is an issue for so many these days. You might try re-reading what I posted and what you responded with. Did you get what I was saying? Nope

Great season to build from Centennial. It was something special, especially when the previous two seasons were 1-9 and 2-8. Rest a few days and get started on next season.

Ready to keep this going!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed other coaches on here get blasted for dumb decisions but no one has dared to say anything about the almighty Rector who gave the game to Lenoir City and also put Eubank's defense in a tight spot.

From The Tennessean

Then in the second quarter Centennial went for it on fourth-and-1, but Darius Steele was tackled for a 1-yard loss on a running play, which gave Lenoir City the ball at the Cougars’ 33-yard line.

Coach, did you really feel your team was so desperate against the Panthers that you had to roll the dice in the 2nd quarter only trailing by 10? By not punting and giving the defense a chance to hold, you gave a short field to LC which cashed in easily. Being down 17 to 0 was just too much to overcome.

From The Tennessean

“The first half was definitely all Lenoir City,†Cougars Coach Brian Rector said.

Not taking anything away from LC but the first half was not just all Lenoir City. They had great help from some bad coaching.

From the Tennessean

“If I would have made a couple different calls it might have saved another seven points or so on the board, but you take those chances.

No you don't take those chances! At least you don't take them that early in the game when your team is battling that hard. Punt and play defense. Use your strength and not your weakness.

From The Tennessean

And our teams are never going to be the type that we’re just going to play it safe and let things happen.â€

How about playing it smart though? It was the wrong decision at the worst time.

Hats off to Eubank's defense for attempting to keep Centennial in the game.

Eubanks is wasting his time there. It's time to go find another HC job.

professor_chaos_poster-p228033254592937065trma_400.jpg