If Riverdale plays Maryville...

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would a GREAT BIG AMEN to not wanting him back!!!!

Rather have a sister in a whor ... cat house!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Remind me to tell you about the two years I spent working narcotics and 'VICE' in Nashville sometime! :roflol:

BTW, I have evidently upset one of the assistants again and may need a seat. Seems he did not want to be reminded about "CHOKING"!!!!! :roflolk::thumb:

You can have him! Watch out he'll bash your coaching staff every chance he gets.

Actually when they had the LOSER up there that is now at LaVergne, I was pretty good at taking shots at him. The one they have now is a PROVEN quantity. He HAS beaten the Maryville team and Coach! Until ours does I will continue to push for excellence from him and his STAFF!

I actually LIKE the fans from Oak Ridge. They are nice, knowledgable, and some of the friendliest folks you ever want to meet. When visiting up there they go out of their way to make you feel at home and welcomed to root for your team. They also appreciate GOOD hard football, as they have been watching it since way before R'dale was even thought of.

If I can do anything to make them feel one tenth as welcomed here as they made me up there then I am happy.

Clear now?

Actually when they had the LOSER up there that is now at LaVergne, I was pretty good at taking shots at him. The one they have now is a PROVEN quantity. He HAS beaten the Maryville team and Coach! Until ours does I will continue to push for excellence from him and his STAFF!

I actually LIKE the fans from Oak Ridge. They are nice, knowledgable, and some of the friendliest folks you ever want to meet. When visiting up there they go out of their way to make you feel at home and welcomed to root for your team. They also appreciate GOOD hard football, as they have been watching it since way before R'dale was even thought of.

If I can do anything to make them feel one tenth as welcomed here as they made me up there then I am happy.

Clear now?

Very well said!!! Its great to have a rivalry, but even better to have sportsmanship!

All I did was ask a question about who gets home field and who travels. All this other stuff L O D added in on his own...I didn't say ANY of it.

There has been no bigger CRITIC on this forum about LaVergne High than me. Sports and academics both. Decisions made by the school board 5 or 6 years ago. I raked all of them over the fire. How does that make SS "my" coach??? If anything, that would be the opposite of reality. I thought Don Thomas was doing a good job and Hester did the best he could (but tried too many gimmicks on offense)...go back and find a post where I was in the corner of SS - bet you can't find one. I was against coach Couhy (sp?) being run off from the basketball team. The boys team is still pretty good but look at the collapse of the girl's team under the new staff. Almost all 9th graders on the roster. Lost the first game 93-15...score at the end of 1st qtr. was like 43-5. A couple of years ago they were ranked in the top 3 of the state.

If people in charge had listened to citizens of northern Rutherford County and acted accordingly years ago...the school would be stronger both in academics and extra-carriculars. (even though the band and choral programs are very good)...now if you see an empty home side at the football stadium for games like the one vs. CAK - thank the school board and central office who refused to listen to those in the know.

Long story short...I went to more games at other schools this season (Oakland, etc) than I did LHS - so I really am not sure how that makes me a "fan" of SS or LHS. (but I will still gladly pull for them against the purple and yellow school)