District 3AAA

corbus

Any thought on 3AAA this year, seen some of the 4AAA teams, West is looking strong with Bearden right behind. I see Oak Ridge and Karns fighting for top honors this year, with everyone else a bit behind, although Campbell County did beat Farragut last night. My shot at a guestimated order:

1) Oak Ridge

2) Karns

3) Anderson County

4) Central

5) Campbell County

6) Clinton

7 8 9) Tied between Powell, Halls, and HVA

Look forward to the commentary!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - here is an opinion with limited knowledge.

The district has been middle heavy for several years - not much difference between teams 3 to 6. Karns and Oak Ridge should be at the top - Halls and Clinton look to be down again. All the other teams should be somewhere in the middle.

Hardin Valley has some good talent and never count the Coach at Powell out!

Okay - here is an opinion with limited knowledge.

The district has been middle heavy for several years - not much difference between teams 3 to 6. Karns and Oak Ridge should be at the top - Halls and Clinton look to be down again. All the other teams should be somewhere in the middle.

Hardin Valley has some good talent and never count the Coach at Powell out!

HVA does have some talent, but I wonder about chemistry, hope their BBall comes along like football has for them, Powell is going to hurt from lack of size, but to seem to have a quick lineup, worried about their scoring prowess

Edited by corbus

Saw some of these teams play at the Oak Ridge play day. Oak ridge Lost to stone memorial and beat Bradley. Karns beat Alcoa by 3 and Walker valley bad, (I think). Both will be strong. Campbell beat McMinn central bad and lost by about 13 to West. This is how I see it breaking down.

1. Oak Rigde

2. Karns

3. Campbell County

4. Hardin Valley

5. Powell

6 Anderson County

7. Halls

8. Central

9. Clinton

Well its early but it looks like Oak Ridge and Karns are seperating themselves from the rest of the pack. Oak is deep with athletes and Karns plays 10 kids with full court pressure the entire game. Looks like the battle will be for 3rd place in this district. Top to bottom this district is better than district 4aaa for sure. With Anderson , Campbell , Hardin Valley , Halls Powell, all battling for the middle, and Central and clinton looking for down year.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

I agree, I have been impressed with Powell so far, a good committment to team basketball. Karns and Oak Ridge are at the top by far. Powell will get a good measuring stick this week against Karns. Unsure what they are going to do with the game, since all administration will be in Cookeville for the 5A championship. Have not seen much of the other district teams, although I saw Central beat A-E, may have more in store than mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of big games this week- Karns vs Oak Ridge, Oak Ridge at Powell. Have not seen Halls, Anderson County, or Clinton yet, but guessing by scores, still wide open after Karns and Oak Ridge. Just 2 weeks into district play though, injury and whatever else still could plague teams. The AC/OR debacle still will not hurt OR in my opinion. Powell has been a pleasant surprise, played Karns to the end. AC is still a question, and Halls has shown some promise. CC has been disappointing, got blitzed by OR and lost to Powell at home. HV is still a mystery to me. Thoughts?