District 3AAA

corbus

Yea, I like your picks there coolcoach. I think I origanally had CC third and AC fourth but think this may be right. Oak Ridge is strong, Karns is right there with them and may even beat them tonite with all the OR suspensions. After these two its wide open for 3-9 spots. I mean OR beat the 3rd and 4th teams by 30 and 35. So i think its safe to say those two will wrap up the top spots and everybody else better come to play every night if u want to avoid these two early in the district tourny. I think AC and CC will start playing better after the Xmas break. Both with players returning to lineups but they should be able to hold onto 3rd and 4th.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge took down Karns tonight 71-67 by keeping their heads. it looks like #1 will be Oak Ridge and Karns #2. For sure teams better be ready playing either one of these top two or they will for sure be in trouble come tournament time. I agree Christmas break will provide opportunity for both AC and CC to rally back and they should be able to hold onto the 3rd and 4th spots.

Yea, I like your picks there coolcoach. I think I origanally had CC third and AC fourth but think this may be right. Oak Ridge is strong, Karns is right there with them and may even beat them tonite with all the OR suspensions. After these two its wide open for 3-9 spots. I mean OR beat the 3rd and 4th teams by 30 and 35. So i think its safe to say those two will wrap up the top spots and everybody else better come to play every night if u want to avoid these two early in the district tourny. I think AC and CC will start playing better after the Xmas break. Both with players returning to lineups but they should be able to hold onto 3rd and 4th.

Oak Ridge took down Karns tonight 71-67 by keeping their heads. it looks like #1 will be Oak Ridge and Karns #2. For sure teams better be ready playing either one of these top two or they will for sure be in trouble come tournament time. I agree Christmas break will provide opportunity for both AC and CC to rally back and they should be able to hold onto the 3rd and 4th spots.

Went to this game and it was a great contest. I think either team would have considered themselves lucky to get out with a "W". Karns plays very fast and plays the best "D" I have seen in many years in High School ball.

I look forward to the next matchup and even though I'm a Wildcat, I wouldn't be assuming any winner in the re-match.

This is a surprise. Did Oak Ridge show up to play? Guess you never really know till the buzzer sounds. This will allow for much more interesting season than I had anticipated. Corbus how did the game go down?

What a game between OR and Powell, down to the wire, Powell pulled it off with a buzzer beater! It was a great game to watch.

Edited by coolcoach

This is a surprise. Did Oak Ridge show up to play? Guess you never really know till the buzzer sounds. This will allow for much more interesting season than I had anticipated. Corbus how did the game go down?

Schoffner got in some foul trouble, which hurt the team. Similar to the Karns game, OR also got outrebounded and Powell had several fast break points off rebounds. I think OR came to play, just Powell did too. I will say OR seemed off a bit in shooting %. Another team to keep an eye on is Halls, they are sneaking up. Should make for an interesting race after the Christmas Break. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the rundown Corbus. Impressive win for Powel. Didn't expect them to have much of a year either CarolinaCrazy.

Wow. The last thing the rest of the district needs is middle of the pack teams beating the top two. Makes it harder for the rest of the teams to make headway unless you beat OR and Karns. Good win for powell tho. I thought they might be down this year.

Wow. The last thing the rest of the district needs is middle of the pack teams beating the top two. Makes it harder for the rest of the teams to make headway unless you beat OR and Karns. Good win for powell tho. I thought they might be down this year.

Powell basketball hasn't been good since 07-08 season. I believe Powell still is down, but played a good game. Powell had its years of great basketball from 05-08, more so in 2006-07 and 2007-08 season where they were arguably one of the top teams in the state for 3a, but now its looking more and more like Powell is becoming a football school. Hope they surprise me this year, but I don't see it happening. Good luck to the Panthers.

Powell basketball hasn't been good since 07-08 season. I believe Powell still is down, but played a good game. Powell had its years of great basketball from 05-08, more so in 2006-07 and 2007-08 season where they were arguably one of the top teams in the state for 3a, but now its looking more and more like Powell is becoming a football school. Hope they surprise me this year, but I don't see it happening. Good luck to the Panthers.

I see some different chemistry that has been missing over the past 3 years. Ogan has them playing solid defense. To go next level, they need to limit turnovers and get a little more effective offensively. They have had some challenges when pressed. Will see where it takes us, it is encouraging to see competetive basketball again in Powell this season. As said earlier, 3AAA has shown some spunk this season, surprised to see AC so down and Central has been bitten by the injury bug, from my understanding. Halls has also shown talent, we still play them twice in district, you never know what to expect when Powell and Halls get together! Agree with other posts, OR is still ahead in district and will see with Karns, sometimes question their chemistry, talent is there.

Ok, the break is here and this district should be very competitive after the Holidays. AC has two guys back on the team after some disciplinary issues and should start beating some teams. Oak will have all its players back and Schoffner back to about 90%. Campbell Co. has played 10 games now under a new coach and its an entirely different system theve been learning, they are much more disciplined. Can powell and Halls continue to play at the same level when they start playing the upper teams after the break? Central is getting more competitive each game, they lost a ton of talent last year and these guys havent played alot together. Hardin Valley should be improved, I think their the dissapointing team in the district this year, thought they would be good. Karns is probably the most complete and talented team in the district, can they continue their style of 32 minutes of heck all season without wearing down? I think Its Karns district to lose with Oak ridge team 1B. Oh, and Clinton, well ill just stop right there. Man its gonna be a fun finish in this district!!

Agree CC, will be an interesting 2nd half, Powell has to play AC and Halls twice, and OR and Karns on the road. I may show up Friday at Catholic to see Karns and West play, that should be an interesting cross district game. Clinton does look lost a bit, we played our worst game of the season and still won by 10. HVA, who knows?? Will keep posting as the season progresses, as I hope others do as well.