District 3AAA

corbus

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know which would be worst being a Hall's Fightin Redneck or a Farragut Blue Belly with blue blood.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL Take the ball and put it in the hole. That's from the 50's.

Probably a Farragut blue blood, because they brag about beating us 6 times in a row in football, when they are still down like 31-10 in the all time series :roflolk:

CC handled an undermanned Clinton last night handily. Not taking anything away from CC, they played good. Clinton is just hurting, the season couldn't end quick enough. Couple out sick, couple Playing sick, one out with a knee injury. They played hard all year and dispite their record never gave in. They should be proud of that. Hope we can find some offense before next year.

The AC vs HV was a good game. HV looked great at times then AC would make a run. AC coach got an ill timed Technical towards the end after a bad call. Don't know if that would of changed the outcome. AC had a strange team, they could look great and awful in the same series. HV beat them by ten but it was much closer. I think AC got it down to 3 points under a minute to play then HV put it away.

CC handled an undermanned Clinton last night handily. Not taking anything away from CC, they played good. Clinton is just hurting, the season couldn't end quick enough. Couple out sick, couple Playing sick, one out with a knee injury. They played hard all year and dispite their record never gave in. They should be proud of that. Hope we can find some offense before next year.

The AC vs HV was a good game. HV looked great at times then AC would make a run. AC coach got an ill timed Technical towards the end after a bad call. Don't know if that would of changed the outcome. AC had a strange team, they could look great and awful in the same series. HV beat them by ten but it was much closer. I think AC got it down to 3 points under a minute to play then HV put it away.

DB, that what the paper said, maybe things will be better next year for Clinton, I know reading FB & BB boards Clinton has been suffering over the past few years in all athletics, no offense intended. As far as AC, I have said it throughout this board, they are 1 team that I just didn't get all year, same at end of season, beat a good Grace team at Grace and lose to HVA, go figure. Will see what we do with Central tonight, we have had some Jeckyll and Hyde tendancies this year also.

Nice to have Jekyll & Hyde within the same game, down 11 with 5 to go, Powell went on an 18-4 run to win 57-54, Central coach went ballistic on a no-call block, got t'd with 5 seconds left. Unreal! SS, will see you Saturday for the rubber match, we have got to minimize our turnovers to even have a remote shot

Wow, I knew that would be a good game. Central had been playing well as of late. Whats up With all these late tee's by these coaches and officials? I went to the CC/Clinton and AC/Hardin games the other night and They tee'd wallace up at the worst possible time. Of course each of them have to know the situation their in at that time. But when u tee someone up that late, it pretty much determines the outcome. Im still gonna hold to my predictions on CC over Halls and Hardin over Karns. Just because it could really happen here. Are all the games at OR now? Oh and DB, Your right CC looked good vs. Clinton but who doesnt really? Not a jab, just a fact. Thats the worst Clinton team ive ever seen down there and it doesnt look any better for the near future either. Unless they get a transfer or four it'll be another long season next year. I mean CC played their starters only about half the game, and when the brought in 3 freshman and 2 sophs, the lead was never really cut into. What has happened down there? You know better than us.

For Clinton, next year couldn't be any worse than this year. Not sure where the b ball players are in this town. Our JV has played well this year. We got a few young kids coming up. One potential is a sophomore this year but he ended the season with a knee injury. A couple of freshman look like they may develope into domething The middle school had a good team this year. But no superstars on the horizon.

Camron Patrick transferred to Lenior City, that hurt us. A couple of kids went to AC that could have gone to Clinton, that's a case of parents picking a school so their kid could be on a better team (just my opinion on that).

So it is hard to say what will happen. Will they be better in the next couple of years,? Yes. Will they have anything for OR or the other top teams in the district? No.

The kids seem to like Coach Lockard. I've heard some of the parents grumbling but that goes on everywhere. I don't know why we can get any hotshots.

Thats probably a good assesment of where there at. Campbell county has been fighting that transfer problem for years. We been losing kids to AC and now Cumberland Gap.We played Gap last Friday and they had at least 5 kids that should be on CC team. We dont really care to lose them to Gap as much as we do to AC. The reason being, if they go to AC and they make the team we have to face them in district play. And if they play for AC their probably pretty good athletes to play for a AAA school. With Gap were losing those kids that would probably be back ups at CC but would contribute some good minutes im sure. But theyd rather go up there and start, and play, West green, north green, chuckey doak, claiborne co. and south green than go to CC and work hard and maybe back someone up. The new coaches at CC have made a concerted effort to keep as many of them at CC as possible. Hopefully we can stop that train of thought and keep them here to play. And oh yea, we [play Halls tomorrow and we will have to face another CC kid thats a starter for them. It just never ends...LOL And dont get me started on how good we could have been with Toress staying home to play! I hope it gets better for you DB, I can tell u care about your team. C ya.

CC, I think every area in TN has this problem, I have heard about it across the state, since I travel a bunch in state. 8th graders have an idea (along with parents) of what to expect at the next level and with the TSSAA rule about transfer out after 8th grade graduation, this will always be a problem.

Now lets talk hoops for tonight! I will be in OR, looking forward to the games. Think it will be Halls and Karns winning. Coach Moore is stinging from the girls loss last night and won't want to miss with both teams. For CC to win, they need to utilize their bigs much more than I have seen them do all season. I agree with many of your posts, I see different BBall in Lafollette than the past few years and more excitement in the program. As for HVA/Karns, this could be a high scoring affair, with Smith coming on for HVA, if he can handle the press, could be an interesting game. Still think Karns has too much, and is more motivated after HVA took them out last week, don't think they really had much to play for in that game and took it too lightly after their previous 102-56 drubbing at the start of the season. Just glad both our Powell teams survived to play on Saturday!! May plan my day in OR all day Saturday!

Yea your right on that transfer deal, I guess we just have to play with what we have. Dont know if Im going to get off work in time to get to OR before 6pm start. Gonna show up late anyway because I want to see them play again. Your right with the feeding the bigs comment. If they control the tempo and feed the posts I think CC pulls it off and sends Moore to the tanning beds early this year! The whole town is excited and should have two good crowds tonite. SS, I hope your gonna make it too. Let me know what you think of CC new coach and the kids, they play hard, He's fun to watch and has a ton of energy. And im gonna stick with my Hardin pick. They have been very dissapointing this year and Karns style plays right into the way they want to play. Karns and Halls are 2 of the least impressive 20 win teams I can remember in a long time. Whats OR gonna do with SS, Corbus, and CC all in the same gym tonight? Might ought to call in extra security. LOL. Congrats on your girls win Corbus. Ours havent got to play yet since they got a double bye. Play Hardin Valley girls Saturday I think. See you guys out there and I have already made plans to be at OR Saturday too.

Yea your right on that transfer deal, I guess we just have to play with what we have. Dont know if Im going to get off work in time to get to OR before 6pm start. Gonna show up late anyway because I want to see them play again. Your right with the feeding the bigs comment. If they control the tempo and feed the posts I think CC pulls it off and sends Moore to the tanning beds early this year! The whole town is excited and should have two good crowds tonite. SS, I hope your gonna make it too. Let me know what you think of CC new coach and the kids, they play hard, He's fun to watch and has a ton of energy. And im gonna stick with my Hardin pick. They have been very dissapointing this year and Karns style plays right into the way they want to play. Karns and Halls are 2 of the least impressive 20 win teams I can remember in a long time. Whats OR gonna do with SS, Corbus, and CC all in the same gym tonight? Might ought to call in extra security. LOL. Congrats on your girls win Corbus. Ours havent got to play yet since they got a double bye. Play Hardin Valley girls Saturday I think. See you guys out there and I have already made plans to be at OR Saturday too.

On my way now, good luck to your girls also, I like their physical play and team work, will need it in Regionals against Bearden.