District 3AAA

corbus

Lots to reply to: I have no voice from all that cheering and yelling during the game!!

First, I appreciate the congrats from all, thanks! S-Girl, I agree, the officiating both ways was questionable, how do you call a travel on the baseline with 1.4 seconds to go, I did not see the official, as most do, remind us no moving on the baseline. The call was right, but in the heat of the moment, do what I see most officials always do. Lots of uncalled hand checks, and they let some jawing at the officials go way too long, both ways. It is what it is, SS appreciate your perspective, officials did not win or lose the game, was just a grind it out win for the Panthers. Too many individual posts on officiating across the state, Kids and Coaches just have to find ways to put it behind them.

CC, saw the 2nd half of your game, and just like HVA, thought you guys gave it away. Still get to keep playing though!!! I do think the future is bright for you guys and I really like your coach's energy, it feeds into his players.

Lastly, win or lose for us and all the teams in 3AAA, would love to see the 4AAA domination of Knox area go away, OR vs West/Maryville, in a quarter?? WOW! I just want to know how long its been since Powell hosted a Regional game, has to be awhile.

Have to let my voice recover for Tuesday night!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I sat down to enjoy another good high school BB game, my mood was soon ruined by the discovery of the crew that was to call the game. I looked at my friend and said"we have lost this game already". I leaned down to the Powell fans in front of me and told them congatulations before the ball was tipped, and told them which two refs they were going to love.

My wisdom wasn't questioned by the end of the game..... The ref with the bad hair, and the ref with no hair.... got what they worked so hard for. Were this the only game these two shameless "men" called like this, I could chaulk it up to a bad night, but they have demonstrated their dislike for OR every game they call. The Powell fans were embarrassed and wished they could have won a different way.

Congratulations fellas...Give the press guys a wink and a thumbs up again Tuesday night so they will know who to predict as a winner.

The Wildcats had a bad night, shouldn't have given a 'small man in stripes" the chance to decide the game. Get mad, get up, and get on with YOUR season, maybe you won't get caught by the two self proclaimed "ref gods". Just ask them, they'll giggle, and shrug their shoulders like a disobedient 5th grader. I know have been there personally to see this. They are sitting drinking beer somewhere, laughing at the way they showed Oak Ridge how THEY will control a game and exchange stories about how they taught us lessons. I'm sorry to the third ref that called a great game and always calls them fairly.

Edited by shank

As I sat down to enjoy another good high school BB game, my mood was soon ruined by the discovery of the crew that was to call the game. I looked at my friend and said"we have lost this game already". I leaned down to the Powell fans in front of me and told them congatulations before the ball was tipped, and told them which two refs they were going to love.

My wisdom wasn't questioned by the end of the game..... The ref with the bad hair, and the ref with no hair.... got what they worked so hard for. Were this the only game these two shameless "men" called like this, I could chaulk it up to a bad night, but they have demonstrated their dislike for OR every game they call. The Powell fans were embarrassed and wished they could have won a different way.

Congratulations fellas...Give the press guys a wink and a thumbs up again Tuesday night so they will know who to predict as a winner.

The Wildcats had a bad night, shouldn't have given a 'small man in stripes" the chance to decide the game. Get mad, get up, and get on with YOUR season, maybe you won't get caught by the two self proclaimed "ref gods". Just ask them, they'll giggle, and shrug their shoulders like a disobedient 5th grader. I know have been there personally to see this. They are sitting drinking beer somewhere, laughing at the way they showed Oak Ridge how THEY will control a game and exchange stories about how they taught us lessons. I'm sorry to the third ref that called a great game and always calls them fairly.

maybe so shank, i know their has been a lot of complaining about these 2 refs in OR games, but can't blame Powell. They came into our house and beat us, not an easy feat. They deserve credit. OR may have had a bad night, but sometimes you just gotta be humble and congratulate the other team for making us have a "bad night" It's not done enough when teams lose. It's always we had a "bad night" well, the other team had something to do with that.

Edited by SweetScience

maybe so shank, i know their has been a lot of complaining about these 2 refs in OR games, but can't blame Powell. They came into our house and beat us, not an easy feat. They deserve credit. OR may have had a bad night, but sometimes you just gotta be humble and congratulate the other team for making us have a "bad night" It's not done enough when teams lose. It's always we had a "bad night" well, the other team had something to do with that.

Yes Sir SS Powell did play well, worked their game plan well. I don't mean to take anything away from those hard working kids. I simply want to point out my personal distain for the two men that soiled their win with their lack of integrity.

Check the film out SS...........

Yes Sir SS Powell did play well, worked their game plan well. I don't mean to take anything away from those hard working kids. I simply want to point out my personal distain for the two men that soiled their win with their lack of integrity.

Check the film out SS...........

Yes, and not saying your wrong, im sure your story has some validity, i just hate to take away what Powell did, and i am as big an OR fan as you will meet.

Yes, and not saying your wrong, im sure your story has some validity, i just hate to take away what Powell did, and i am as big an OR fan as you will meet.

AGREED 100% SS. I will be there Tuesday, and will be pulling for Powell, no doubt. Would love to see them complete the district upset.

It is a shame when refs seem to "have it out" for a team, have seen it this year against us. I do agree with this, as I said earlier, kids and coaches have to find ways around this. It is a shame when refs call poor games, but it is a greater shame when kids who have put hours in a gym running and sweating for these moments have their hard work put aside to discuss officiating. Hats off to both Powell and OR, would love to see them meet again in a week or so in the regional final, I honestly see that as a possibility.

It is a shame when refs seem to "have it out" for a team, have seen it this year against us. I do agree with this, as I said earlier, kids and coaches have to find ways around this. It is a shame when refs call poor games, but it is a greater shame when kids who have put hours in a gym running and sweating for these moments have their hard work put aside to discuss officiating. Hats off to both Powell and OR, would love to see them meet again in a week or so in the regional final, I honestly see that as a possibility.

yes, and i have done it myself in the past Corbus, but these Powell kids deserve credit. Any fan for OR that blame this loss on officiating should be ashamed. Win with class and lose with class. Tired of hearing OR fans B**** about it, and not talking about you shank. Others i know.

What a great game that would be in regionals!!

I agree with you about credit for hard work being overlooked for poor refs. It's aprt of BB I guess since they have so much to do with the outcome.

My heart says go Powell!!!! My head tells me Karns by 15... <_<

yes, and i have done it myself in the past Corbus, but these Powell kids deserve credit. Any fan for OR that blame this loss on officiating should be ashamed. Win with class and lose with class. Tired of hearing OR fans B**** about it, and not talking about you shank. Others i know.

WATCH THE FILM SS................ I too believe in winning with class, born and raised here in OR, that means I have a lot experience with it. I understand how emotional your reply is, that's the same reason mine is as well. I go to every game, have family affiliations with the team and school, have great appreciation for how hard the Powell team played and came back to win in our house. That too is why, when faced with men that don't have the same respect for the game, it sincerely turns my guts.

I have listened to them beat thier chest and trade stories about putting Oak Ridge in thier place.

WATCH THE FILM SS................ I too believe in winning with class, born and raised here in OR, that means I have a lot experience with it. I understand how emotional your reply is, that's the same reason mine is as well. I go to every game, have family affiliations with the team and school, have great appreciation for how hard the Powell team played and came back to win in our house. That too is why, when faced with men that don't have the same respect for the game, it sincerely turns my guts.

I have listened to them beat thier chest and trade stories about putting Oak Ridge in thier place.

oh, is that right? i am too buddy, born and raised 97 graduate. I have been to some of the games they officiated. But, if you have personally heard them say stuff like that then that is just flatout sad buddy.

Edited by SweetScience