District 3AAA

corbus

SS, no offense taken. Powell has played gritty all year, including tonight. I am giving myself a shout out, picked all 4 games, with points except 1 point off in CC/Maryville. Guess I should go to Vegas now (lol!) It has been good banter, sure would like 1 more shot at Karns!! Karns-West should be a great game, don't know much about Maryville, heard they are young but talented. It's at their place, so we already have a strike against us. Till next year.....

Nice picking Corbus..not too late to go pick up a lottery ticket haha. Yeah Powell is not flashy , but a solid gritty team. They have been underrated all year and IMO well coached by Coach O. Powell is a team that will flat out beat you if you overlook them. I haven't seen Maryville this year , but I know they are well coached too. Should be a classic game with two teams playing well right now.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS, no offense taken. Powell has played gritty all year, including tonight. I am giving myself a shout out, picked all 4 games, with points except 1 point off in CC/Maryville. Guess I should go to Vegas now (lol!) It has been good banter, sure would like 1 more shot at Karns!! Karns-West should be a great game, don't know much about Maryville, heard they are young but talented. It's at their place, so we already have a strike against us. Till next year.....

yes they have bud, give credit where it is due...i do think OR is a better team then we played here at the tail end of the season. That is life though, it is what it is. Take it and learn from it. Got a good nucleus coming back next year.

yes they have bud, give credit where it is due...i do think OR is a better team then we played here at the tail end of the season. That is life though, it is what it is. Take it and learn from it. Got a good nucleus coming back next year.

You do have a good core coming back. Powell does too. Karns will have Sibley and not much else. CC loses a lot too. AC also loses Torres. Halls has some core back also, but no size again. Could mean a toss up for next year.

Regional semis look to have 2 great games. Karns/West should be a barn burner, know I'm going to show up early for that one! Maryville/Powell looks to be evenly matched, hope we can overcome the crowd like we did a week ago at OR. We are still playing, that's all I can say!!

Heard about the games last night. Great wins for Powell and Karns. Ill be pulling for them. Dont know what happened at OR game but I am very surprised they are out of the tournament. That has to be a very dissapointing end to a good season. I thought they had the make up to at least get to sub-state. I know I have been critical of coach Green this year, but actually thought he did a good job this year. I heard that CC only scored 3 poinys in the second qtr. with both their bigs on the bench in foul trouble. They cut it to 2 with a minute to go but Maryville hit the FTS to win it. Corbus, My buddy said powell would beat Maryville Tuesday. Said they will play faster than CC and get some easy buckets. And as ive said, U have the best Coach in the district and he will figure it out. I would love to go, but Maryville just to far to travel. Prolly going to Karns or a AA game. Im pulling for U buddy good luck.

Hey SS...... After the hard time I gave DB about being the Dobbins Boise of HS football, Do you think I need to eat some crow for being the Boise Ridge of boys basketball....lol

How bout 3AAA getting some love on ESPN!! Video of last seconds of Powell/Farragut were posted on ESPN twitter feed. Here is the link for anyone that wants to view it, pretty amazing last 10 seconds of a game!!

http://t.co/Jj5DLYHn

Crazy! Powell students you should support this team. They have really had a great season. Show up at Maryville!

I didn't realize that the Farragut guy was a hero for about two seconds before "the shot."

Crazy! Powell students you should support this team. They have really had a great season. Show up at Maryville!

I didn't realize that the Farragut guy was a hero for about two seconds before "the shot."

WHAT A FINISH!! Your right Sox, this team just keeps beatin' the odds. Time for the students to start believing and join in!

Doesnt karns play at maryville at 6 vs west?

Yea your right, there both at Maryvile. I guess I will go over and watch since its two games and not one. Will be pulling for a 3AAA sweep. Saw the powell shot on youtube, didnt know if Ogan had any timeouts left or not? But I love getting the ball in and shooting it. If Ogan calls a timeout there and Farragut gets to set up a defense and goes into OT with the momentum, Who knows how it would have ended up. Watch coach O in the tape, Hes hilarious, just holding his arms out. LOL Great coach!