For My WilCo Friends Consideration

IronGut

As I was running through the scores last night, an intersting thought dawned on me and I thought I would share it. I'm sure it will set off another debate, but hey, thats what this site is mainly for, anyway.

The only 5a-6a school in district 11 to beat a non district opponent that was higher ranked than them in the playoffs was Centennial, a 6 seed def. a 3 seed Tullahoma. Franklin, a 3 seed, beat a 6 seed non district opponent (Smyrna). Brentwood beat higher seeded, but previously played district opponent, Independence.

Not sure what my point is, but I do have lots of respect for the turn around season of Centennial. Brentwood had a good season and a great late season run. Franklin way underachieved based on the brags. Indy had an unexpected turnaround, but was the beneficiary of an fairly easy schedule that left them unprepared for the playoffs resulting in a first round exit.

Congrats to all Williamson Co teams, but maybe you should lay off Centennial for a while. In my opinion, they had the most impressive season in the county.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was running through the scores last night, an intersting thought dawned on me and I thought I would share it. I'm sure it will set off another debate, but hey, thats what this site is mainly for, anyway.

The only 5a-6a school in district 11 to beat a non district opponent that was higher ranked than them in the playoffs was Centennial, a 6 seed def. a 3 seed Tullahoma. Franklin, a 3 seed, beat a 6 seed non district opponent (Smyrna). Brentwood beat higher seeded, but previously played district opponent, Independence.

Not sure what my point is, but I do have lots of respect for the turn around season of Centennial. Brentwood had a good season and a great late season run. Franklin way underachieved based on the brags. Indy had an unexpected turnaround, but was the beneficiary of an fairly easy schedule that left them unprepared for the playoffs resulting in a first round exit.

Congrats to all Williamson Co teams, but maybe you should lay off Centennial for a while. In my opinion, they had the most impressive season in the county.

Hard to argue. The year included wins over a district champ (Antioch) and playoff team (Shelbyville) with all four losses to 6A playoff qualifiers. They improved offensively as the year progressed and a full year of Rector off season work will be a benefit. There will always be naysayers but the future looks positive.

Iif Indy had a easy schedule what did chs have? With this new playoff system why would a young Indy team schedule a riverdale or an ensworth ? When the old playoff system was in place and Indy made their state run they had MBA and BA. Indy this year did have 2 quality opponents I'm seigal and Blackman - Lincoln county was picked preseason to be a contender . The weak schule didn't hurt Indy anyone and all will tell you lack of offense hurt them

What bout chs schedule what powerhouse teams did you play ( keep in mind Overton was picked to be a bottom feeder) MORE importantly

Your conclusion that # 3 Tullahoma lost # 6 CHS means nothing EXCEPT Tullahoma is bad and the playoff seed is a joke, after all chs lost to Indy , FHS and BHS , with that Tullahoma would lose to them as well..,..

Look well done to chs and rector i along with others gave you and CHS that.

However seems like you and others are begging for respect

Your team NEEDS to earn that and I'm sorry one season with a weak schedule does not earn that. The respect will come when you beat Franklin , BHS or even Indy for that matter / heck make rd 2 a few seasons.

Look I'm a cub fan and you are sounding like me with the wait to next year

:thumb:

Thanks for the compliment. Under new leadership, the program is headed in the right direction.

And now the door is open for Franklin to remind us that we have never beaten them. Bet that comes soon.

I think it is important to point out that Franklin has never beaten Centennial without Centennial zoned players starting for Franklin... :thumb:

I do believe that Brentwood has beaten Centennial without Centennial zoned players, but I am not positive about that one. At least Brentwood usually shows a higher level of class and less bravado in all their wins over Centennial.

And congrats to Brentwood on a good run at the end of the season.

Iif Indy had a easy schedule what did chs have? With this new playoff system why would a young Indy team schedule a riverdale or an ensworth ? When the old playoff system was in place and Indy made their state run they had MBA and BA. Indy this year did have 2 quality opponents I'm seigal and Blackman - Lincoln county was picked preseason to be a contender . The weak schule didn't hurt Indy anyone and all will tell you lack of offense hurt them

What bout chs schedule what powerhouse teams did you play ( keep in mind Overton was picked to be a bottom feeder) MORE importantly

Your conclusion that # 3 Tullahoma lost # 6 CHS means nothing EXCEPT Tullahoma is bad and the playoff seed is a joke, after all chs lost to Indy , FHS and BHS , with that Tullahoma would lose to them as well..,..

Look well done to chs and rector i along with others gave you and CHS that.

However seems like you and others are begging for respect

Your team NEEDS to earn that and I'm sorry one season with a weak schedule does not earn that. The respect will come when you beat Franklin , BHS or even Indy for that matter / heck make rd 2 a few seasons.

Look I'm a cub fan and you are sounding like me with the wait to next year

Calm down there, Mrs. Palin. I'm a Rutherford County guy making an observation and submitting an opinion. And my team beat yours. And your team was out of the playoffs before Centennial. You can talk about seasons from years ago, but based on this year, Centennial played longer than Indy. Indy wasnt ready for the playoffs and the outcome speaks for itself. And I since you bring up history, didnt Centennial beat Indy last year? Get real, you have no dog in this hunt. Franklin and Brentwood, yes because Centennial has never beaten them. Indy? No way.

As Shakespear wrote "the lady doth protest too much." :roflol:

Calm down there, Mrs. Palin. I'm a Rutherford County guy making an observation and submitting an opinion. And my team beat yours. And your team was out of the playoffs before Centennial. You can talk about seasons from years ago, but based on this year, Centennial played longer than Indy. Indy wasnt ready for the playoffs and the outcome speaks for itself. And I since you bring up history, didnt Centennial beat Indy last year? Get real, you have no dog in this hunt. Franklin and Brentwood, yes because Centennial has never beaten them. Indy? No way.

As Shakespear wrote "the lady doth protest too much." :roflol:

First off your comment I have no dog in the hunt is funny. Do you have a dog in the hunt ? No , but at least I can claim wilco as my county hence my dog is sniffing closer to the hunt then yours.... Seasons past hello I was talking in reference to how it does a team no good now a days to schedule tough non conference games due to the playoff format compared to years past when you can get your team ready by playing BA and MBA . However if you wanna talk about the past at least Indy made the finals in what it's 7 or 10 year life.... Personally who cares what team goes further in the playoffs, a loss is a loss be it first or second round.

Your comment chs Played longer then Indy does not make chs a better team . So I guess you will tell me chs could beat Smyrna because chs played longer then the bulldogs?

First Indy was ready for the playoffs to say they were unprepared for the playoffs shows your lack of football knowledge . Indy was ready , Indy benefited from a weak district and non conference schedule minus your team and Blackman . The reason Indy lost to Brentwood was a blocked punt for a td and the fact Indy had no offense / so Indy was ready for the playoffs they just didn't have the better team that night and it's tough to beat a district foe twice in a year

Sorry Indy beat chs this year ...........So to make it clear again I gave props to the team and rector , but i said respect is earned and they have not yet reached that level and that is fact

Edited by notredame

First off your comment I have no dog in the hunt is funny. Do you have a dog in the hunt ? No , but at least I can claim wilco as my county hence my dog is sniffing closer to the hunt then yours.... Seasons past hello I was talking in reference to how it does a team no good now a days to schedule tough non conference games due to the playoff format compared to years past when you can get your team ready by playing BA and MBA . However if you wanna talk about the past at least Indy made the finals in what it's 7 or 10 year life.... Personally who cares what team goes further in the playoffs, a loss is a loss be it first or second round.

Your comment chs Played longer then Indy does not make chs a better team . So I guess you will tell me chs could beat Smyrna because chs played longer then the bulldogs?

First Indy was ready for the playoffs to say they were unprepared for the playoffs shows your lack of football knowledge . Indy was ready , Indy benefited from a weak district and non conference schedule minus your team and Blackman . The reason Indy lost to Brentwood was a blocked punt for a td and the fact Indy had no offense / so Indy was ready for the playoffs they just didn't have the better team that night and it's tough to beat a district foe twice in a year

Sorry Indy beat chs this year ...........So to make it clear again I gave props to the team and rector , but i said respect is earned and they have not yet reached that level and that is fact

I could really care less about CHS, Indy, or Williamson County. Just pointing out some interesting facts. Centennial had the more impressive season. Period.

Here's another one;

Indy Gold Balls - 0

CHS Gold Balls - 0

Looks like both have work to do to earn respect. Indy got to kiss their sister in 07 and you think that deserves respect? Sure :thumb:

I think Centennial can make a valid argument that they had a more successful season in the 5A playoffs than Independence had in the 6A playoffs.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

Centennial had a bigger transition from a perennial loser into a very good season and they did it in a 6A district. Thats speaks volumns and says a lot more than Independence's season.

I could really care less about CHS, Indy, or Williamson County. Just pointing out some interesting facts. Centennial had the more impressive season. Period.

Here's another one;

Indy Gold Balls - 0

CHS Gold Balls - 0

Looks like both have work to do to earn respect. Indy got to kiss their sister in 07 and you think that deserves respect? Sure :thumb:

Man you are funny you really are good. If you could care less why visit this topic on multiple occasions, so you do really care. What interesting facts? Incorrect facts as Indy beat chs this year

How can you say a more impressive season when they lost to Indy , Franklin and BHS plus throw in a cupcake schedule and a break by playing a sister of the poor region in Tullahoma

Wait your reason was the advanced farther then Indy to round 2

So I ask you , would you bet me $100 that chs could beat Smyrna ? Don't forget according to you chs is the better team they made it to round 2

So if you or chs players and fans are content with last season ( again no wins vs Indy , BHS or FHS ) your setting a high standard with your "they had the most impressive season"

Least remind you Indy won one game the entire year before their state appearance

Indy in district had earned the respect , look at their overall combined record in district in the new format and the old one that included Dickson and Columbia

Look at how many times Indy made the postseason

Most important Indy has beaten Franklin BHS and chs so they have earned respect. Is it the same level as FHS or BHS nope not at all but they knocked over the respect door at least

And welcome to wilco county we are glad you take the time to voice your love for our teams

Bye the way who crowned you Johnny Cochran

Man you are funny you really are good. If you could care less why visit this topic on multiple occasions, so you do really care. What interesting facts? Incorrect facts as Indy beat chs this year

How can you say a more impressive season when they lost to Indy , Franklin and BHS plus throw in a cupcake schedule and a break by playing a sister of the poor region in Tullahoma

Wait your reason was the advanced farther then Indy to round 2

So I ask you , would you bet me $100 that chs could beat Smyrna ? Don't forget according to you chs is the better team they made it to round 2

So if you or chs players and fans are content with last season ( again no wins vs Indy , BHS or FHS ) your setting a high standard with your "they had the most impressive season"

Least remind you Indy won one game the entire year before their state appearance

Indy in district had earned the respect , look at their overall combined record in district in the new format and the old one that included Dickson and Columbia

Look at how many times Indy made the postseason

Most important Indy has beaten Franklin BHS and chs so they have earned respect. Is it the same level as FHS or BHS nope not at all but they knocked over the respect door at least

And welcome to wilco county we are glad you take the time to voice your love for our teams

Bye the way who crowned you Johnny Cochran

Wow. You really want respect for kissing your sister, years ago. Guess what, this year in the playoffs, you were 0-1. There is just nothing to thump your chest and brag about. 0-1. Gone home early.

Indy doesnt have any respect around the state and only minimal in your own county. Weak coach and no real talent rising through the ranks spells a bad future for you.

Sorry, I respect Centennial much more than Indy. They have great coach and a much brighter future. Indy is full of loud mouthed thugs and you are giving a great example of it here.

Centennial's season has earned my respect. Sorry if you dont like it. I'm entitled to my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Wow. You really want respect for kissing your sister, years ago. Guess what, this year in the playoffs, you were 0-1. There is just nothing to thump your chest and brag about. 0-1. Gone home early.

Indy doesnt have any respect around the state and only minimal in your own county. Weak coach and no real talent rising through the ranks spells a bad future for you.

Sorry, I respect Centennial much more than Indy. They have great coach and a much brighter future. Indy is full of loud mouthed thugs and you are giving a great example of it here.

Centennial's season has earned my respect. Sorry if you dont like it. I'm entitled to my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

Back again huh......sorry 0 and 1 and 1 and 1 is the same in the playoffs (you go home )

Was a good year for Indy as they were picked second to last , even if it was one and done they still own the bragging rights of district champions.........did I ever say respect around the state ? Nope , not many tens can claim that title can they. In district poll the coaches and they will tell you yes.

Wow you must have lil respect if you are happy with beating just boro and raven wood in your district

Just like this year watch out for Indy again to sneak up on a few and that is a fact

Son, you weep that your entitled to your opinion and indeed you are but seems a lil silly telling me that after you earlier said I need to basically be quiet since I don't have a dog in the hunt.... Wait you don't have a dog in the hunt either ....

Now sure your mom is yelling for you to clean your room , so take care

You have my respect

Back again huh......sorry 0 and 1 and 1 and 1 is the same in the playoffs (you go home )

Was a good year for Indy as they were picked second to last , even if it was one and done they still own the bragging rights of district champions.........did I ever say respect around the state ? Nope , not many tens can claim that title can they. In district poll the coaches and they will tell you yes.

Wow you must have lil respect if you are happy with beating just boro and raven wood in your district

Just like this year watch out for Indy again to sneak up on a few and that is a fact

Son, you weep that your entitled to your opinion and indeed you are but seems a lil silly telling me that after you earlier said I need to basically be quiet since I don't have a dog in the hunt.... Wait you don't have a dog in the hunt either ....

Now sure your mom is yelling for you to clean your room , so take care

You have my respect

Anything happening at Ravenwood?