Top 10 teams in the State

WoodlawnFalcons

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just mine.....no chance. Baylor would win. They play in the toughest division of TSSAA football. Get out of the public school division and go find out about your opinion.

I would agree. Baylor would win. Yes, Ensworth handily beat Baylor in the finals and has a ton of talented athletes along with a great coach but it seams to be forgotten, probably since it was not on state wide television, but Baylor beat them just as soundly in the regular season.

CAK should be somewhere in the top 10, not sure where, but certainly they were a top 10 caliber team at the end of the season. Now as to who they would beat in the top 10, ???, I don't know, you have to play it on the field to find out. Our loss to LaVergne was one of those nights after a 3 hr bus ride, 5 turnovers (not caused by slobber knocker hits or strips), and losing our big play receiver in the first qtr to injury. It still took OT and a 2 pt conversion to beat us by 1 pt. The loss to Grace was early in the season to a very good team, no excuses, but again, it took 4 missed PAT's on a sloppy muddy field to beat us by 1 pt. I wouldn't get carried away and say CAK would beat teams like Baylor, Ensworth, Maryville, etc.... but I certainly believe CAK is a top 10 team and would give any defense all they wanted. Just my opinion of course :D By the way, congrats again to all the state champions, and a special congrats to CAK & Henry County for their first ever Gold Ball trophy in football :thumb:

ill tell coach rusty bradley to schedule Baylor because everyone drops CAK because they are to good! I would love to see that match up!

That would be great. Tell Coach Bradley to call Coach Massey. Baylor is always looking for good teams to play. This year Baylor played Bradley Central, a very good 6A team, along with Columbia, last years 5A state champ.

CAK did great things at the 3A level this year and earned its gold ball, but the Warriors would struggle against a team with Baylor's depth and talent. Need empirical evidence? CAK lost to Lavergne, a large-school team that went 3-7 this year. I'm not downplaying CAK's accomplishments -- I have incredible respect for that program. I'm just being a realist.

My amended top 10 now that the title games have been played:

1) Ensworth

2) Maryville

3) Baylor

4) Whitehaven

5) Brentwood Academy

6) Riverdale

7) Greeneville

8) Henry County

9) MUS

10) Powell

My bad, I didn't include D2's, I was just thinking D1's. If your top 10 includes D2's then I would agree that CAK is not in the top 10. Top 10 D1's, yes.