District 7AAA Off-season Thread

DaBlueRaider

If Woodruff gets back to 100% then riverdale and siegal will be the top two teams followed by oakland smyrna blackman and lavergne. Riverdale has alot of returning starters. i know adam and glover will be hard to replace but there are a couple of kids that can do it. i think the line will be fine. the biggest concern is the secondary and linebacker. you have two linebackers returning that had over 250 tackles and about 15 sacs between them, but have to find two more guys to go along. the secondary also has two returning but lose keenan and odom. siegal has just about everyone back.

Need to add that Siegel has its kicker back who made all county this year as an underclassman while R'dale is in search of a kicker once again. Most do not realize just how important a good kicker is to a team.

I did find out this week that I was right about that play in Siegels playoff loss where everyone was saying it was a 'kicker' pass play for the extra point. WRONG! While it was a designed pass play, it was Stocksill that was 'suppose' to be passing it and NOT the kicker like everyone was saying on here!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to add that Siegel has its kicker back who made all county this year as an underclassman while R'dale is in search of a kicker once again. Most do not realize just how important a good kicker is to a team.

I did find out this week that I was right about that play in Siegels playoff loss where everyone was saying it was a 'kicker' pass play for the extra point. WRONG! While it was a designed pass play, it was Stocksill that was 'suppose' to be passing it and NOT the kicker like everyone was saying on here!

You really think a lot of this kicker, don't ya. Relative or something? You thought he was better than Kentucky signee Landon Foster earlier in the year and every chance you get, you talk him up.

You really think a lot of this kicker, don't ya. Relative or something? You thought he was better than Kentucky signee Landon Foster earlier in the year and every chance you get, you talk him up.

Not a relative, just a great kid I have known since he was 4 years old. Who he is related to IS interesting though. B):lol:

While a great kicker, he thinks of himself primarily as a soccer player.

As to being 'better' than Foster, I do think Harrison handles pressure better and is more accurate. When I look at players I judge their skill only as I do not play favorites.

Not a relative, just a great kid I have known since he was 4 years old. Who he is related to IS interesting though. B):lol:

While a great kicker, he thinks of himself primarily as a soccer player.

As to being 'better' than Foster, I do think Harrison handles pressure better and is more accurate. When I look at players I judge their skill only as I do not play favorites.

the kicker is important, riverdale found that out two seasons ago. but that same year they had a sophomore holder and long snapper. not all kickers fault. same crew this year with a year experience. next season will have same holder and snapper but must find kicker.saw on face book where woodruff was way ahead of schedule on rehab.

the kicker is important, riverdale found that out two seasons ago. but that same year they had a sophomore holder and long snapper. not all kickers fault. same crew this year with a year experience. next season will have same holder and snapper but must find kicker.saw on face book where woodruff was way ahead of schedule on rehab.

Great news about Woodruff! Hopefuly he will stay injury free this year! GO WARRIORS!! :hungry:

the facebook post was very encouraging wasnt it

Going over the DNJ's all-area team, the count of returning all-area players by team is:

Riverdale 7

Siegel 6

Blackman 2

Oakland, Lavergne, and Smyrna with 1 each.

Riverdale and Siegel will definitely start out as the teams to beat with so much proven experience returning.

I like Riverdale's situation when it comes to rebuilding. They have three guys that have started returning in the backfield. Two starters back on the OL plus a couple with meaningful experience. Three of their front seven on defense, plus a couple guys that were already in the rotation there. They also have two starters back in the defensive backfield, plus one other that's battle tested. They have to replace the kicker but the long-snapper and holder are back and that should make it easier on whoever steps in. All of the return men return.

I think it's much easier to build a unit when they have experienced guys to build around. As far as filling in with totally new faces that's only going to be necessary at 4-5 spots, it that.

Right now, the future star players for all the teams are being built in the weight room.

• 3 weeks later...

So, if Shadowens is out, will the Blaze move up or down?

Is he REALLY out, or is it just wishful thinking out loud by his wife/step daughter?

I am doing my best to HELP Coach A go where he REALLY wants to be. Brentwood.

Hopefuly we can make a deal where we pick up a couple of good draft picks for the defense and a kicker. :roflol: