Who is the next head coach at Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

Greenville head coach Caine Ballard has been on the job for three years. In that three year span he has turned around a Greenville program who has been an average team over the years to the next dynasty in local football. Ballard was a former coach at Maryville where he sharpened his skills to soon become a head coach hiself. His first year at Greenville he led his team to Cookeville for a chance to win a State Championship on his first try. He came up a little short. The following year he reloaded with the aid of a transfer student from North Carolina named Willie Carmichael. Willie led the team back to Cookeville and on the way broke the state scoring record for a team in a single season and won the State Championship. Again this year, Ballard had led his team back to Cookeville and captured another state title. Now, can anyone say coaching. It looks to me that when he arrived in Greenville he brought with him an extreme weight training regiment and conditioning drills. His players look like college level players especially on the line of scrimmage. And his finess players such as QB and wide receivers are as physical as most teams linebackers. Whatever Ballard is doing is working. Time to get out the check book Kingsport and get this man on the job. The team we have coming back next year is the most capable team i beleive we have ever had and we have the best Indian to ever put on the jersey in #8 Devaun Swafford. Yes, i said it. He's the best that we've ever had. Better than Adonis Johnson, better than Lamon Williams, better than Chris Sensabaugh and so on and so on. Period!!!!! No question and no need to respond different. It's fact!!!!! Anyway, get out the check book, sign it, and let him fill in the blank. It's time!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the motivation for coach Ballard to leave Greeneville for Dobyns-Bennett ? What has DB got to offer that Greeneville doesn't at the high school level?

The highest level of competition in the state and a chance to over throw his previous boss and win his 6A title. Don't you think that's motivation enough? I beleive i would rather live in Kingsport than Greeneville, don't you. I mean you moved here did'nt you. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

The highest level of competition in the state and a chance to over throw his previous boss and win his 6A title. Don't you think that's motivation enough? I beleive i would rather live in Kingsport than Greeneville, don't you. I mean you moved here did'nt you. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can read coacht in the future if DB couldn't get past Maryville with coach Ballard.Some coaches have respect for their former schools and mentors.Coach Ballard doesn't look to be any different.His deal and mine are A totel different thing

I can read coacht in the future if DB couldn't get past Maryville with coach Ballard.Some coaches have respect for their former schools and mentors.Coach Ballard doesn't look to be any different.His deal and mine are A totel different thing

With the exception of Hayworth, do you see a difference in our weight training programs? There players just look huge compaired to us and everybody else. And, i don't beleive our off season is helping. Our players don't seem to be getting together daily on there own and pushing each other to get better. I know the coaches can't be involved, but they can through the use of there team captains and seniors. What do you think?

This thread was not started to keep the pressure on trying to replace coach Clark because we all know that he will be there until he's ready to throw in the towel. I just started it to see who everyone thought would be a good replacement or here some names i might not know about. So before everyone gets there head dresses in wad........ Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the exception of Hayworth, do you see a difference in our weight training programs? There players just look huge compaired to us and everybody else. And, i don't beleive our off season is helping. Our players don't seem to be getting together daily on there own and pushing each other to get better. I know the coaches can't be involved, but they can through the use of there team captains and seniors. What do you think?

I think the kids have to want it as well.The kids have to have the same pride that they have in Greeneville and Maryville.Did you see what Greeneville ran on offense.Smash mouth up the middle with the lead or not.

Greenville head coach Caine Ballard has been on the job for three years. In that three year span he has turned around a Greenville program who has been an average team over the years to the next dynasty in local football. Ballard was a former coach at Maryville where he sharpened his skills to soon become a head coach hiself. His first year at Greenville he led his team to Cookeville for a chance to win a State Championship on his first try. He came up a little short. The following year he reloaded with the aid of a transfer student from North Carolina named Willie Carmichael. Willie led the team back to Cookeville and on the way broke the state scoring record for a team in a single season and won the State Championship. Again this year, Ballard had led his team back to Cookeville and captured another state title. Now, can anyone say coaching. It looks to me that when he arrived in Greenville he brought with him an extreme weight training regiment and conditioning drills. His players look like college level players especially on the line of scrimmage. And his finess players such as QB and wide receivers are as physical as most teams linebackers. Whatever Ballard is doing is working. Time to get out the check book Kingsport and get this man on the job. The team we have coming back next year is the most capable team i beleive we have ever had and we have the best Indian to ever put on the jersey in #8 Devaun Swafford. Yes, i said it. He's the best that we've ever had. Better than Adonis Johnson, better than Lamon Williams, better than Chris Sensabaugh and so on and so on. Period!!!!! No question and no need to respond different. It's fact!!!!! Anyway, get out the check book, sign it, and let him fill in the blank. It's time!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

Ballar has been on Greenevilles's coaching staff as the O coordinator since 2000 so he has been with Greeneville for a little more than 3 years. When Greeneville hired Steve McCurry in 07' he was the one that started this whole turning GHS thing around. He implemented the Weights Program and Summer conditioning that GHS still uses today. Last years state championship team was the first class to go all 4 years in the New Program. In his first season he went 10-3 and the next year 11-3 and got put out by Maryville in the semi's. Coach Ballard has done a great job taking over for McCurry and will cont. to thrive in Greeneville. If you want to hire Ballard you better have some big pockets because Greeneville has some :ph34r:

Edited by Swipes

Ballar has been on Greenevilles's coaching staff as the O coordinator since 2000 so he has been with Greeneville for a little more than 3 years. When Greeneville hired Steve McCurry in 07' he was the one that started this whole turning GHS thing around. He implemented the Weights Program and Summer conditioning that GHS still uses today. Last years state championship team was the first class to go all 4 years in the New Program. In his first season he went 10-3 and the next year 11-3 and got put out by Maryville in the semi's. Coach Ballard has done a great job taking over for McCurry and will cont. to thrive in Greeneville. If you want to hire Ballard you better have some big pockets because Greeneville has some :ph34r:

Ever heard of EASTMAN? Well, don't worry. The powers that be here in Kingsport are happy beating up on the little local scrub teams and going into the playoffs i believe they think it's too cold in November and December. They are content with that but some of us are not. Roll Tribe!!!!!!

I think the kids have to want it as well.The kids have to have the same pride that they have in Greeneville and Maryville.Did you see what Greeneville ran on offense.Smash mouth up the middle with the lead or not.

I liked it. The Greenville QB was laying the wood to the defenders when they came to hit him. That's the way it's done. I remember Duran Ferguson used to punish people as well.

Ever heard of EASTMAN? Well, don't worry. The powers that be here in Kingsport are happy beating up on the little local scrub teams and going into the playoffs i believe they think it's too cold in November and December. They are content with that but some of us are not. Roll Tribe!!!!!!

Ever Heard of Scott Niswonger? :popcorneater: If he wanted Ballard to Stay he would fork over whatever it took

Ever Heard of Scott Niswonger? :popcorneater: If he wanted Ballard to Stay he would fork over whatever it took

I think he was saying the powers at Eastman could care less.I know a lot of them are South fans anyway.Scott has done a lot for the area,not just Greeneville.Good to have those kind of people in the world