#3 Tyner

#4 Austin East

#5 Sullivan North

#6 Milan

#7 CPA

#8 Goodpasture

#9 Pearl Cohn

#10 Smith county

All 10 of these teams were very good football teams, and all had great seasons.

Just curious... Why did you place Tyner ahead of Austin-East?

Tyner lost to Brainard and Alcoa

Austin-East beat Brainard and Alcoa

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a pre-season poll for next year. It is an opinion poll for this season as to how you would rank teams behind the state champion , CAK. B)

then Milan should be #2 since they made it to Cookeville...isn't that the goal?...Alcoa #2 with 5 losses is a stretch....why put them ahead of AE since AE beat them by double digits

then Milan should be #2 since they made it to Cookeville...isn't that the goal?...Alcoa #2 with 5 losses is a stretch....why put them ahead of AE since AE beat them by double digits

Milan would have been put out in round 2 if playing the east so you can't just put them #2 just cause they made it to cookeville to get thrashed by CAK. Alcoa had 6 TO's in that game against AE and Gave up less than 100 yards of Offense to AE. AE had a good team but i believe that game was a fluke and Alcoa was a better team. They did lose by one to CAK in Round 3 :thumb:

Just curious... Why did you place Tyner ahead of Austin-East?

Tyner lost to Brainard and Alcoa

Austin-East beat Brainard and Alcoa

Just because a team wins by a large margin in September doesn't mean in November the same will happen. Take Goodpasture/CPA and FCS/TC for example. Goopasture lost by 21 points in at the begginning of the year to CPA and FCS lost to TC by 17 during the season. Playoffs role around and Goodpasture still loses by a 2 point margin and FCS beats TC by 10, thats a 19 and 27 point swing. Tyner was a 5-5 team, but over the course of the last 7 games they went 5-2 losing to a 4a playoff team and a 5a playoff team and then going into Alcoa and losing by only 10 points in the first round. I know you could possibly use the same scenario with A.E. going into CAK and losing by just a TD, but this is just all opinionated and doesn't matter because the true best 2 teams would be CAK at #1 and Milan at #2.

Just because a team wins by a large margin in September doesn't mean in November the same will happen. Take Goodpasture/CPA and FCS/TC for example. Goopasture lost by 21 points in at the begginning of the year to CPA and FCS lost to TC by 17 during the season. Playoffs role around and Goodpasture still loses by a 2 point margin and FCS beats TC by 10, thats a 19 and 27 point swing. Tyner was a 5-5 team, but over the course of the last 7 games they went 5-2 losing to a 4a playoff team and a 5a playoff team and then going into Alcoa and losing by only 10 points in the first round. I know you could possibly use the same scenario with A.E. going into CAK and losing by just a TD, but this is just all opinionated and doesn't matter because the true best 2 teams would be CAK at #1 and Milan at #2.

I was just curious about your logic.

A silver ball is nice to have in the trophy case, but it doesn't necessarily mean second best team in the state. It means best team from your side of the bracket. I gold ball definately means best in the state.

Thus...

#1 CAK

#2 it's fun to talk about

Milan would have been put out in round 2 if playing the east so you can't just put them #2 just cause they made it to cookeville to get thrashed by CAK. Alcoa had 6 TO's in that game against AE and Gave up less than 100 yards of Offense to AE. AE had a good team but i believe that game was a fluke and Alcoa was a better team. They did lose by one to CAK in Round 3 :thumb:

I'm not saying Austin-East would've beat Alcoa a second time (... it would've been a good game to watch), but IMO the win was not a fluke. I think Alcoa had five turnovers, and they were not unforced turnovers. 108 yards of total offense is not a lot, but it is more than 100 yards.

Both teams improved after the initial game, and I would like to have seen a rematch.

I'm not saying Austin-East would've beat Alcoa a second time (... it would've been a good game to watch), but IMO the win was not a fluke. I think Alcoa had five turnovers, and they were not unforced turnovers. 108 yards of total offense is not a lot, but it is more than 100 yards.

Both teams improved after the initial game, and I would like to have seen a rematch.

I agree I think it would be a good game too. The only reason i said it was a fluke was because when has Alcoa turned the Ball over 5 times in a game? and lose giving up only 108 of offense?

Win on the field and get to Cookeville then what excuses will you make?

An AE vs. Milan next year to determine the true public school 3A

Championship would be nice...no private..no recruiting...no open zone.

A true "what gets off that yellow bus" state title would be nice for a

change.

Edited by cofo

change.

Is Austin East not a magnet school that gets students from across the city?

change.

My Team did make it to Cookeville and are back to back 4a champs! Sorry you didn't like me saying how it would be if Milan had to come through the east. Alcoa, AE, Tyner, and SN would have beaten the same Milan team I saw play aginst CAK. Heck I would even say Elizabethton, Chuckey-Doak and West Greene would have had a good chance to beat you.

P.S. AE is a magnet school just so you know :thumb:

I agree I think it would be a good game too. The only reason i said it was a fluke was because when has Alcoa turned the Ball over 5 times in a game? and lose giving up only 108 of offense?

Since you are asking "when has" questions...

When has Alcoa lost to a team in their classification?

When has Alcoa not won the state? Was this a fluke?

When has Alcoa lost 5 games in a season? Was this a fluke?

When has Alcoa lost to CAK twice in a season? Was this a fluke?

IMO, it doesn’t make the game a fluke just because Alcoa did some uncharacteristic things.