District 13/14A

hogheaven

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If TSSAA sets up 10 teams in region 7 (1A) (2013-16 proposal) how does the playoff scenario go for that region, and does all 10 teams play each other. I guess this maybe similar to the current 2A district which has Westview and Milan and several other teams.

I would think we'd all play each other and the top 4 teams make the playoffs.That would leave Lake Co only needing to fill in 1 game,which I believe would be Halls,a long time rival school instead of Fulton Co or Fulton city.But I've also read where some coaches in Middle Tenn talking about his region being similiar as ours with 9 teams in it.Didnt think it would be fair to his team while others had only 5 teams with 4 making the playoffs.In our case,could maybe see a few teams move to the district to Halls ,Humboldt and the Memphis schools.Then again the Memphis schools like Northside may not want to travel that much and decide to move up 1 class and play against other Memphis schools.So a lot still to be worked out and these predictions could change once the enrollment figures actually come out .

Edited by mrbigster

I would think we'd all play each other and the top 4 teams make the playoffs.That would leave Lake Co only needing to fill in 1 game,which I believe would be Halls,a long time rival school instead of Fulton Co or Fulton city.But I've also read where some coaches in Middle Tenn talking about his region being similiar as ours with 9 teams in it.Didnt think it would be fair to his team while others had only 5 teams with 4 making the playoffs.In our case,could maybe see a few teams move to the district to Halls ,Humboldt and the Memphis schools.Then again the Memphis schools like Northside may not want to travel that much and decide to move up 1 class and play against other Memphis schools.So a lot still to be worked out and these predictions could change once the enrollment figures actually come out .

Jobryns played in a 10 team district...from north all the way to waynesboro down south...now that's some miles for your busues....

Well You Better Not Name Mckenzie As The Icing On Your Lil Cake ...We Don't Aim On Beefing Up Your Win Column! :twisted:

Not saying Dresden and Huntingdon will be icing on the cake as for easy wins but just to add those teams strenghtens the schedule instead of playing Fulton City and Fulton Co.I'd rather play those teams and lose than go watch a 60-0 game.And the others are teams we always play.

Not saying Dresden and Huntingdon will be icing on the cake as for easy wins but just to add those teams strenghtens the schedule instead of playing Fulton City and Fulton Co.I'd rather play those teams and lose than go watch a 60-0 game.And the others are teams we always play.

I Know We Have Had Some Battles With the Mosquito Club That Will Be Talked About For Years Too Come...Always A Pleasure being With them Rednecks From the Swamp! :roflolk:

• 2 weeks later...

According to Gleason, the rest of the district is in trouble. They have the team to beat, :roflolk: and some ocean front property too.

Can't believe there is much smack talk coming out of tater town, maybe a little stirring of the pot. I wouldn't lose any sleep over little ol us. :popcorneater: getcha popcorn ready. Hope its a fun district to watch.

• 1 month later...

Which is tougher district to get through 13A or 14A ? and how do the standings look for each district at the end of regular season? no particular order here, I'll give my educated guess later on

District 13 Team Dresden (2A) Gleason (1A) Hollow Rock-Bruceton (1A) Huntingdon (1A) McKenzie (2A) West Carroll (1A)

District 14 Team Greenfield (1A) Halls (1A) Humboldt (2A) Lake County (1A) Peabody (2A) South Fulton (1A)

Union City (1A)

Edited by irishman1