People who vote on ALL STATE team

hogheaven

All State means something in other states. Here? What a joke! These moron writers don't call the coaches, watch film, or have a clue. Now I know why people laugh at tennessee education....besides the fact al gore is from here. DJ ellis was the best lineman on our team. Todd Morgan a beast run blocking. I love Turnbow, but because of injury he had no offseason. He may be one of the best pass blockers in the district, but inconsistent run blocking and not strong. All it would of taken was a phone call to the coaches and the voters wouldn't of shamed themselves. Kid gets all state ahead of DJ ellis and didn't get all district. Get a clue VOTERS! All State is earned over a season and not the one game you may have watched in between your golf dates. Your all state in my book DJ! :thumb:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I thought the 1A team was okay, but the 2A team was ridiculous. The fact that a 3-7 Community team had 3 all-state players, and an 11-2 Adamsville team that went to the semifinals had 0 is crazy. Community has only won 5 games in their entire history, and they get 3 all-state players?????? They literally had an all-state player per win - if all 3 really deserved to be all-state, then I would fire the coach! It really devalues and cheapens the whole list, which is unfair to the boys who really deserved to be there.

All State means something in other states. Here? What a joke! These moron writers don't call the coaches, watch film, or have a clue. Now I know why people laugh at tennessee education....besides the fact al gore is from here. DJ ellis was the best lineman on our team. Todd Morgan a beast run blocking. I love Turnbow, but because of injury he had no offseason. He may be one of the best pass blockers in the district, but inconsistent run blocking and not strong. All it would of taken was a phone call to the coaches and the voters wouldn't of shamed themselves. Kid gets all state ahead of DJ ellis and didn't get all district. Get a clue VOTERS! All State is earned over a season and not the one game you may have watched in between your golf dates. Your all state in my book DJ! :thumb:

Your rght hogeaven these sports writers are stupid. Im a former player and I know what all DJ did since he had played for the mighty lions. Im sure he appreciates what you said hogheaven. Like I said i know how much heart he played with and how determined he was to get all-state, but I also know he could care less about what those stupid sports writers say because he only cares what his team his city and ultimatly what his coaches think. He never once played for himeself but for everyone else. So it doesnt matter what those nonathletic pencil pushers think because everyone but them knows what he contributed to his team and in our eyes he is all-state. Good season boys!!!!!!!!!! Keep it rollin and boys keep that lineman prayer going ;);)

I think the voters did ok with their picks but cut the Dresden and Huntingdon teams short. Our TB #44 should have been allstate and atleast 3 of our o-linemen. As for Dresden the Turnbow kid could be a great lineman with the frame he has but he isn't as good as the Ellis kid. I also think the WR #23 should have been allstate too. He has lead our district in recieving each of the last 2 years and was tops in interceptions for this area and seemed to be a good punter too. The kid never came off the field from what I noticed. I know they can't give one school 20 all state players but if you are one of the best on the field then you deserve the honor. Greenville high school had 9 players make allstate in 4A. So if a kid is one of the best then give him the award. Hard to believe one of Adamsville's linemen didn't get allstate. They are beasts.

I think the voters did ok with their picks but cut the Dresden and Huntingdon teams short. Our TB #44 should have been allstate and atleast 3 of our o-linemen. As for Dresden the Turnbow kid could be a great lineman with the frame he has but he isn't as good as the Ellis kid. I also think the WR #23 should have been allstate too. He has lead our district in recieving each of the last 2 years and was tops in interceptions for this area and seemed to be a good punter too. The kid never came off the field from what I noticed. I know they can't give one school 20 all state players but if you are one of the best on the field then you deserve the honor. Greenville high school had 9 players make allstate in 4A. So if a kid is one of the best then give him the award. Hard to believe one of Adamsville's linemen didn't get allstate. They are beasts.

agree with at least 3 of your o lineman should of been there. Agree with the adamsville comment too. My guess is the press didn't get to watch many games and I know they don't contact coaches to ask questions. But, just like our refs stinking in our area...nothing we can do about it but voice our right to complain. :x

sorry fave players didn't get all state, but u haven't solved anything by shorting his teammates accomplishment... the awards are about the kids. i suspect you're an adult, so why would you post in public and rip one of your fave players' teammates that made allstate?

i agree that adamsville deserved at least two players on the all-state team. probably more.

Edited by truthteller1