2012 Season for the chattanooga area

Hawg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bird that happen to be flying by camp jordan told me that Baylor went undeafted with wins over seq. county, walker valley, east ridge, and silverdale. Only giving up one run all day! The same bird flew up to Nashville And told me Soddy Beat Beech, just a rumor, you can only trust a bird so much!

I wasn't there either but was told Baylor had two hits and no earned runs in their game against Sequatchie (Sequatchie's only loss of the day). Of course it's not Baylor's fault if Seq is not getting it done in the field but that game could have been 0-0.

Also heard CSAS went undefeated behind some great pitching! Looks like the new coaches at the only school in Chattanooga that has never lost a football game has the girls over there firing on all cylinders!

Who all did CSAS play. I agree, the little pitcher is very effective, if it's the same one (should be a junior now?). They needed more production at the plate last year and their district and region will continue to make it tough for them to advance.

Marion also went 4-0 at the East Ridge Play Day with wins over East Ridge, Red Bank, Walker Valley, and Lookout Valley. They pitched 2 freshmen, a sophomore, and a senior in those games. They still have some work to do to figure out the best combination to put on the field but have a lot of young talent to work with. And they did in fact split a double header with Baylor last Tuesday. Lost the first one 7-0 with only 2 of those runs being earned. Had 4 errors in the field that really cost them. Won the second 4-1 if I remember correctly, with both teams mixing in some younger players.

Edited by BigJ

Marion also went 4-0 at the East Ridge Play Day with wins over East Ridge, Red Bank, Walker Valley, and Lookout Valley. They pitched 2 freshmen, a sophomore, and a senior in those games. They still have some work to do to figure out the best combination to put on the field but have a lot of young talent to work with. And they did in fact split a double header with Baylor last Tuesday. Lost the first one 7-0 with only 2 of those runs being earned. Had 4 errors in the field that really cost them. Won the second 4-1 if I remember correctly, with both teams mixing in some younger players.

I know this is about 2012 season.But I was in LV last week,so i went by to see Coach Dinger.This is his first year coaching middle school softball.He step down from the high school baseball team last year, after coaching over 20 years......to coach his girls team....I would say in 3 or 4 years LV softball will have a shot to go to state.....

I know this is about 2012 season.But I was in LV last week,so i went by to see Coach Dinger.This is his first year coaching middle school softball.He step down from the high school baseball team last year, after coaching over 20 years......to coach his girls team....I would say in 3 or 4 years LV softball will have a shot to go to state.....

Hey lancer so you a softball fan too....SP Lady Pirates won their season opening game under new Coach Vic Grider 4 to 3 against Tyner...LV should beat us but maybe we will be in the game unlike years past...