145 Mark Marchetti (FR) Fall Alex Kent (McC) 4:26

152 Cole Moseley (FR) Fall Austin Halleron (McC) 5:08

160 Stephen Nolan (FR) dec Calum McCroskey (McC) 5-2

170 Michael Hooker (FR) tech fall Eliot Berz (McC) 16-1

182 Timothy Holmes (FR) dec Nathan Hoodenpyle (McC) 8-4

195 Timothy Cartwrght (FR) win by forfeit

220 Ricky Fisher (FR) maj dec Casey Cook (McC) 22-8

285 Tye Youngblood (McC) fall Brandon Christy (FR) 0:17

I am looking for confirmation on the accuracy here.

Was it actually Fisher at 120 for Ryan and not McNally? Either way solid win over Connell for either wrestler.

That is correct. It was Hal Fisher, little brother of Ricky Fisher who beat Connell. Hal is a Freshman.

Nice pick-up for Fisher. That really muddies the waters for the rankings. I have to make a decision on who to rank at 120 for Father Ryan (until that match I was using McNally) and then determine how that affects the rankings.

Connell has had a good season and may get to hold onto the #1 spot despite the one close loss. If I rank Fisher at 120 it would be had to bump him all the way to #1 with 1 win and a handful of mixed results at 126 to go on. Things to think on....

Ryan has a lot of line-up flexibility from 106 to 126 depending no what they think may give them the best match-ups.

Having beat McCallie and Baylor now, does this make Ryan the number 1 seed for the duals come feb? Congrats to the Irish on their two bigs wins!

The two region #1's will be separated... there isn't really a #1 seed for the state duals. As of right now it looks like those two #1 seeds will be Father Ryan and CBHS.

Nice pick-up for Fisher. That really muddies the waters for the rankings. I have to make a decision on who to rank at 120 for Father Ryan (until that match I was using McNally) and then determine how that affects the rankings.

Connell has had a good season and may get to hold onto the #1 spot despite the one close loss. If I rank Fisher at 120 it would be had to bump him all the way to #1 with 1 win and a handful of mixed results at 126 to go on. Things to think on....

Ryan has a lot of line-up flexibility from 106 to 126 depending no what they think may give them the best match-ups.

ghouse, the same could be said for you and Christian Brothers with Tate now certified at 120 lbs. CBHS has some room to move wrestlers around as well. I believe the State Tournament will look like a chess match and I would not count out Baylor as they still have Holloway and possibly Clements waiting in the wings. Father Ryan may have gotten lucky to have wrestled Baylor without these 2 studs.

The State Duals and the Individual Tournament looks to be great.

Best of luck to all!

Where will everybody go? We will not know until the weigh-ins.

Let the talking begin.......

As it looks now, this could be the year that CBHS breaks into winning the State Championship for wrestling.

If this happens, will Beale Street be able to handle it??? Memphis may never be the same.

Edited by facenthecrowd

ghouse, the same could be said for you and Christian Brothers with Tate now certified at 120 lbs. CBHS has some room to move wrestlers around as well. I believe the State Tournament will look like a chess match and I would not count out Baylor as they still have Holloway and possibly Clements waiting in the wings. Father Ryan may have gotten lucky to have wrestled Baylor without these 2 studs.

The State Duals and the Individual Tournament looks to be great.

Best of luck to all!

Where will everybody go? We will not know until the weigh-ins.

Let the talking begin.......

As it looks now, this could be the year that CBHS breaks into winning the State Championship for wrestling.

If this happens, will Beale Street be able to handle it??? Memphis may never be the same.

I agree that the state tournaments should be very interesting... particularly if Baylor is able to get even one of their kids back in and in decent shape.

Not sure where you are getting your weight certification information but Robinson is not certified to go 120.

I agree that the state tournaments should be very interesting... particularly if Baylor is able to get even one of their kids back in and in decent shape.

Not sure where you are getting your weight certification information but Robinson is not certified to go 120.

Sir ghouse, I too heard this rumor , so it ain't so?

Let's just pretend that Mr Watson puts a knot on the all American , just pretend, do you think he then goes to 130?

Bcb iii :flower:

What is this? Silence from the Sir Ghouse, maybe he missed this question from BCB <_<

Sir ghouse, I too heard this rumor , so it ain't so?

Let's just pretend that Mr Watson puts a knot on the all American , just pretend, do you think he then goes to 130?

Bcb iii :flower:

What is this? Silence from the Sir Ghouse, maybe he missed this question from BCB <_<

Actually I am just now seeing the question.

While I clearly don't have any leverage with what happens with the high school program and can't speak for them I will say that I don't see Tate Robinson changing weights win or lose to Watson before the state individuals. The team has been at their set weights for a long time and you have a senior 3x medal winner sitting right above him. Honestly, I think Tate looks forward to the match as I would imagine Watson does... both have higher goals than TN state titles (although they certainly want them).

I would seriously doubt Watson moves either if he was the one who has a knot put on him.