Pre-Season TOP 10

LeggooStangs

Its waaaay too early for this. However, I would make a guess based on east/west.

East

1 Gordonsville

2 (tie) South Pittsburg

2 (tie) Greenback

2 (tie) Coalfield

5 Copper Basin

5. Lookout Valley

West.

1. Wayne County (King of the Hill)

2. (tie) Union City

2. (tie) Lake County

4. Jo Byrnes

5. Moore County

6. Collinwood

6. Huntingdon

Edited by rlh

Its waaaay too early for this. However, I would make a guess based on east/west.

East

1 Gordonsville

2 (tie) South Pittsburg

2 (tie) Greenback

2 (tie) Coalfield

5 Copper Basin

5. Lookout Valley

West.

2. (tie) Union City

2. (tie) Lake County

4. Jo Byrnes

5. Moore County

6. Collinwood

6. Huntingdon

Copper Basin did struggle this year and numbers are low BUT it can't get worse than this past year. I think this could be accurate. Very early, however.

Leggo, Humboldt may move to Single A but it won't be until the next classification period. Alot to play out and assess before fall but I would say

East

1. South Pitt- been to the last 3 Single A finals and are my favorite to return until someone proves me wrong.

2. Gordonsville- Loaded with a big Sr. class, could be the team to unseat the Pirates this year.

3. Coalfield- seems to always field strong teams

4. Greenback-solid team that has a tradition of success

5. Eagleville- seems to be a team on the rise.

West

1. Wayne Co.-know they lost alot but State Champ till someone beats them.

2. Huntingdon-Lost alot but always field strong, physical teams

3. Lake Co.- Must replace Tyler, Boyd, and other key seniors but has a solid core of 12 upcoming seniors returning.

4.Union City(tie)- Return alot of talent from a young team last year.

4.Jo Byrns(tie)- Always a player in Single A.

The 2012 State Champion WILL come from the following list.

EAST

1. Gordonsville (Should win the east rather easily next season with over 20 seniors returning)

2. South Pittsburg (Could still be competetive with one of the better backfields in 1A)

3. Greenback (A team on the rise that was junior and sophomore dominated)

4. Coalfield (Lost a good senior class, but has some good young kids)

WEST

1. Huntindgon (Lost some key players, but have alot of guys returning)

2. Union City (They have been building the past 2 years for the 2012 season)

3. Lake County (Alot of skill kids returning)

4. Wayne County (2011 Champ, but losing EVERY starter is never a good thing)

#1 Gville.... Loaded with returning starters, big sr class

#2. Greenback.... Returns several

#3 so Pitt.... Premier skill guys ! Holes to fill up front

#4. Union city.... Youth factor is growing up

#5. Huntingdon..... Returns some very good players

#6. Collinwood.... Watchout for this team, a sleeper !

#7. Jo byrns.....awsome line, skill pos. The question mark

#8. Lake co.... Always a top 10 team

#9. Coalfield.... Could rise to a top contender

#10 Wayne co... WHEW, biggest challenge of all, replacing a sr dominated title team gunna be tough !

Note: if humbolt moves to 1A put them in the top 5 somewhere

I'll agree it is early but just trying to get an idea of next season. :thumb: How come nobody is putting Clarksville Academy in the mix and West Carroll only lost one starter on both sides of the ball..

CA is losing alot of guys, but with coach hood there good things are in store for the program, jus think 2012 will be a major rebuilding year for the cougars unless some transfers from the larger Clarksville area schools decide to enroll at the academy, if so watchout..... West Carrol forgot all about those guys, had a banner year with many returning in 2012, jus overlooked em,,, could be a team like JB was until the 05 season wehen no one knew who we were,,, jus one of those teams that's not common to FB talk on the boards or statewide, possible uprising ? We'll see

CA is losing alot of guys, but with coach hood there good things are in store for the program, jus think 2012 will be a major rebuilding year for the cougars unless some transfers from the larger Clarksville area schools decide to enroll at the academy, if so watchout..... West Carrol forgot all about those guys, had a banner year with many returning in 2012, jus overlooked em,,, could be a team like JB was until the 05 season wehen no one knew who we were,,, jus one of those teams that's not common to FB talk on the boards or statewide, possible uprising ? We'll see

Until this year West Carroll had never made it pass the 2nd round. Word has it two of their coachs are leaving. Not sure if that's all final yet though. Can't wait to see what Huntingdon will look like this next year. Not really expecting a hole lot considering what we lost but you can't ever tell. Spring practice isn't to far away!!!!!!

All in all the team to beat from west will be Huntingdon or Union City.... East Gordonville or South Pitt..

When will GCA be able to make the playoffs again???? That might put a little stop to the run South Pitt has had over the past four years (in the east) :roflol:

West Carroll???? Are you kidding me???? They are the most overrated team from last year I have ever seen. The only reason they got as far as they did is because of the stupid playoff system the TSSAA has set up and the fact that that system gave them a bye and home games against below average teams like themselves. For West Carroll to have a real chance is to show they can play against teams like Huntingdon, McKenzie, and Dresden from their district. They got blown out by all three. You may say well 2 of those 3 are 2A teams. Well to compete for a state championship you have to show that you can beat or compete with teams of similar size and talent.....not get destroyed by them. Huntingdon will be one of the 6 best teams in 1A in the state. And if Union City could get someone to teach them how to play defense they could win a state championship with that offense like they did a couple of years ago. But their defense is weak. There is something messed up if Humbolt is a 1A team next year. Humbolt is 3 times the size town of Dresden and McKenzie. There is no way they are dropping down. But if they do its understandable......they couldn't even beat Dresden who has only 1/10 the athletes and size of Humbolt.....but I don't care cause I'm from Huntingdon and I know we can beat Humbolt on a regular basis. What about a top 10 2A list????

2A

1. FCS

2. Trousdale Co.

3. Boyd Buchannon

4. Adamsville

5. Westwood

6/7. McKenzie/Humbolt

8. Dresden

9. Trenton (If they get Gaddis)

10. Booker T

East

1 Gordonsville

2 (tie) South Pittsburg

2 (tie) Greenback

2 (tie) Coalfield

5 Copper Basin

5. Lookout Valley

West.

2. (tie) Union City

2. (tie) Lake County

4. Jo Byrnes

5. Moore County

6. Collinwood

6. Huntingdon

i could see this list very easy.Gb returns between 15 and 20 seniors this yr dont know the actual number.they also have near the same number of incoming jrs,and a nice group of sophmores that look to have a ton of tallent and got a lot of playing time,they return the offensive line and all the skill positions minus the qb.As some of the other gb posters have said in previous threads if they can develope a qb gb will be hard win for anybody! Edited by kees101