District 8-AAA

FUNanGUN

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Tullahoma looks like the team to beat. They are currently at the top of the region. They play @ Lawrence County on Tuesday night. This will be a good measuring stick for the Wildcats. After this game, you should be able to see if LCHS is capable of truly competing in the district.

Lawrence County really needs to win, since falling to Columbia last Tuesday.

Yes, Tullahoma looks like the team to beat. They are currently at the top of the region. They play @ Lawrence County on Tuesday night. This will be a good measuring stick for the Wildcats. After this game, you should be able to see if LCHS is capable of truly competing in the district.

Lawrence County really needs to win, since falling to Columbia last Tuesday.

Four teams with 3-1 records play each other tomorrow night. Columbia and Lincoln Co should be run-n-gun and see who gets up and down the court best. Lawrence Co plays Tullahoma...I think whoever can hold the other's top scorer to minimum points has the best chance. Still would have to go with Tullahoma due to deeper post players, but if LC can hit threes then they have shot. Of course, both teams a famous for the "Wildcat Flop" so it may come down to which team sells the flop best. Franklin Co and Shelbyville are playing for "Best-in-Basement" with loser gettin inside track to early baseball practice.

Lincoln County is playing really good right now. They are being led by Fitzgerald Hopkins. He looks like he could have a great shot at 8-AAA MVP.

The regular season champioship may come down to when Lincoln Co travels to Tullahoma on Tues Feb 7th. Tullahoma travels to Columbia this Friday and need a win to stay in contention.This will be the 3rd straight district game on the road for the Cats. After that, the Cats have 3 of the last 4 at home with the one exception of traveling to Shelbyville. Coming off the mauling At Lincoln Co last Friday, the win at Lawrence Co Tues. was huge. There have been two games where Tullahoma could't have scored with a whore and a credit card and those were at Coffee Co and Lincoln Co.

The regular season champioship may come down to when Lincoln Co travels to Tullahoma on Tues Feb 7th. Tullahoma travels to Columbia this Friday and need a win to stay in contention.This will be the 3rd straight district game on the road for the Cats. After that, the Cats have 3 of the last 4 at home with the one exception of traveling to Shelbyville. Coming off the mauling At Lincoln Co last Friday, the win at Lawrence Co Tues. was huge. There have been two games where Tullahoma could't have scored with a whore and a credit card and those were at Coffee Co and Lincoln Co.

Tullahoma couldn't have scored with a what and a what?

Tullahoma looks like they have a pretty good team, Lawrence County isn't doing too bad either after a rough start.

Although a little biased, I do feel like Lawrence County could give some teams trouble when it comes to tournament time. Am I saying that they are a lock for the championship? No, but Shaen Clark's Wildcat teams are always notorious for being scrappy and full of hustle, and this year's team is no exception. They played Columbia and Tullahoma very close for their only two district losses so far. Heath Mansfield is having a fantastic season for the Wildcats as well. Also, the fact that the Tournament is being hosted in Lawrenceburg will give Lawrence Co. a huge advantage, as Ralph Benson Memorial is a gym with a great atmosphere, and a very tough place to play

Although a little biased, I do feel like Lawrence County could give some teams trouble when it comes to tournament time. Am I saying that they are a lock for the championship? No, but Shaen Clark's Wildcat teams are always notorious for being scrappy and full of hustle, and this year's team is no exception. They played Columbia and Tullahoma very close for their only two district losses so far. Heath Mansfield is having a fantastic season for the Wildcats as well. Also, the fact that the Tournament is being hosted in Lawrenceburg will give Lawrence Co. a huge advantage, as Ralph Benson Memorial is a gym with a great atmosphere, and a very tough place to play

If the season ended today the standings would be in this order: Lincoln Co & Tullahoma - 1 & 2 seed. Law Co #3, Columbia #4, F/C #6 and Shelbyville #7. L/C would host Shelbyville and Columbia would host F/C. Biggest suprise for the year so far is Law. Co. and F/C would have to be my biggest disappointment. The only team that I've seen so far that has improved over last years team is, Lincoln Co. Tullahoma I thought would be better than what they are showing, but they have been too inconsistent in a lot of close games. Tullahoma and L/C have done better at closing out games and getting a win, whereas F/C and Shelbyville seem to hang close for 3 qtrs and fold in the 4th. Columbia is another team that I don't think is playing up to their potential, while Lincoln Co is getting up and down the court. If teams don't improve or get hot I don't see any change in the standings. But if any team gets hot, they could run the table in this district.

This is turning into a great race to the finish in this district. Huge game for Law. Co. Friday night @ Columbia. A win there will give them a great inside track to the number 2 seed for the district tourny. They have three road games left to end the season, but the columbia one is the biggest. They hold the tie breaker vs. Lincoln County as well. What are the other games tomorrow night?

Could someone post the records of each team and where they are in the district?

The District 8AAA boys championship will be decided Tuesday night at Tullahoma. THS currently is in 1st place and Lincoln Co 2nd,trailing the Cats by 1 game and they play Tuesday night at Tullahoma. Lawrence Co visits Tullahoma on Friday. Big week for Tullahoma with Coffee Co visiting on Sat. Although its not a district game, Coffee Co upset the Cats earlier in the season in Manchester and the Cats remember that game very well. Tullahoma's only district loss was at Lincoln Co.