2012 DII A Mr. Basketball Ballot

CoachT

As opposed to how a 17-5 team that lost to FRA by 30+ now has 3 Mr. Basketball candidates? No knock on any of them, Other than Hodge, I have not seen any of them play, which is why I don't comment, cause I don't comment on things I don't know anything about, because doing so will not make anyone think I know what I'm talking about. Get the picture?

And I'm the idiot? Look Mr. Glover, I mean he is the only person you ever talk about so has to be family because you wouldn't even consider anyone else on the planet being any good at basketball. No one said that team has 3 candidates. Hodge was up for it last year but isnt in the picture because he mysteriously disappeared for several games. I said the Welch kid was good and should get some love. The Nash kid is the real deal, he had a triple double and is putting up very good number across the board. If you had an ounce of sense maybe you would quit swinging from the glover tree and look around. I have mentioned a couple of names, all of which deserve some recognition. You on the other hand have not. And when anyone else is brought up you shoot them down pretty quick. Is USJ undefeated? Because last I checked I didnt know that was a requirement for Mr. Basketball so losing to a team has no bearing on that. How about you bring something else to the table other then your creepy love for glover.

And just so we are clear, I think Glover is good and deserving of the recognition.

Keeping it Real!

And I'm the idiot? Look Mr. Glover, I mean he is the only person you ever talk about so has to be family because you wouldn't even consider anyone else on the planet being any good at basketball. No one said that team has 3 candidates. Hodge was up for it last year but isnt in the picture because he mysteriously disappeared for several games. I said the Welch kid was good and should get some love. The Nash kid is the real deal, he had a triple double and is putting up very good number across the board. If you had an ounce of sense maybe you would quit swinging from the glover tree and look around. I have mentioned a couple of names, all of which deserve some recognition. You on the other hand have not. And when anyone else is brought up you shoot them down pretty quick. Is USJ undefeated? Because last I checked I didnt know that was a requirement for Mr. Basketball so losing to a team has no bearing on that. How about you bring something else to the table other then your creepy love for glover.

And just so we are clear, I think Glover is good and deserving of the recognition.

Keeping it Real!

Keeping it Real!

Keeping it Real!

To answer your first question, that would be a resounding "yes". Maybe I should have quoted the specific statement that you made in an earlier negative post in which YOU, my friend, continued your thread-to-thread post bashing of anyone that you are not familiar with. I thought I made it pretty clear in a later post but that obviously went way over your head which is not surprising. Now, in your typical "look at cute me calling people out" fashion, you have jumped to another conclusion that only reinforces MY original statement. Any body with any sense and that spends as much time as you on these boards should have figured out by now how to search a Username and read all posts. Had you taken the time to do this prior to sticking an Ex-Lax under you tongue and letting nature take it's course, you would have probably read enough over the last 4 years to understand that I'm not Mr. Glover. That being said, and as a proud father, one of those "Nobodys" you spouted off about in your original post is my reason for getting out of bed every day and to have someone like yourself take a pot shot at them in an attempt to demean Glover himself led me to my opinion of you...which remains as is.

You spend the majority of your time stalking the Ezell bunch so there is obviously some traumatic event in your life related to that. My guess is the EH Pep Band already had symbol player and you had to transfer your kid somewhere else. Ezell-Harding ripped our heart out last year and if anyone should be EH hater it should be me but I can tell you this...I have the utmost respect for the Gman cause he brings a positive aspect to these boards despite your repeated attempts to hijack every thread shows up in.

As for "shooting" everybody down, the only comment I made that could be taken as negative was that I did not think the Payne kid belonged in this discussion and I stand by that. AAU is AAU and stats are stats, you yourself agreed with that is so many words. That's MY opinion and my right to have it. I didn't mean to degrade the kid but the times I've seen him play, he was off and spent the majority of his time fussing at his teammates for missing shots and not getting him the ball.

The latter comment about the USN kids was directed at you and your on-going attempt to "get some love" 6 players deep on every team from that region. Yes, this is an exaggeration but I think you get the gist. Had you left out your "Nobody" comment I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I'm all for sharing the love and giving all these kids the recognition they deserve I just don't see the point in bashing a group that's not involved in these discussion in an attempt to downgrade one of them.

As for not bringing anyone else to the table, how's this. St. Georges gets absolutely no hype on these boards (or anywhere else from what I can tell). Alex Bran is as good as they come and if you gave me the first draft pick for a All West Region Allstar team, that would be my first guard chosen without a second thought. I should know, they destroyed USJ last night and we don't now or will have an answer for him. Write it down and get back with me after the tournaments. I've got a feeling everyone will see what I'm talking about.

Butch ( and your MANY personnas) I am sure JR will win it again. You shouldn't have to pump it up so hard to get your point across. Enjoy it because it is so emphermeral. All the best to you and your family

I'm a little disappointed Jack. You vented on these boards for 4 years about the USJ basketball program and this is the conclusion you come up with? I mean I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but it takes about 5 minutes of research on these boards to figure out who's who and you obviously didn't have 5 minutes to spare. Now you're back taking pot shots at Butch so I guess I really owe him an apology for anything I might have said to steer you in that direction.

You are right about one thing, this is so ephemeral (although I had to look the word up and your spelling didn't make it any easier). As you well know, there is nothing like the pride of watching your own kid play sports but become a fine young man as well.

I really didn't see the point in you taking the opportunity to get involved. I took offense to the comment about JR not having anybody else on his team because one of those nobody's is mine and a good friend of your kid's as well. Guess I'm not as thick skinned as some.

Opposing coaches will be worried about both I would say. On one hand you have a 6'8 kid who can dominate the low block when he wants to and on the other you have a pg who can score at will with great court vision and sense of the game. I would worry about the kid who has the ball in his hands every single time down the floor. Welch is a really good player who should get some but I doubt the hodge kid will see any. From the west I like payne. He should be there. Funny how all these "parents" get on here and only mention one name. Get informed people!

Keeping it real!

Where is gman and coach farmer(9aa fan)

Remember BigENS you invited me to this dance.

All the players mentioned thus far have played well at times, some quite remarkably at times and others just being the humans they are. I would say the most unfortunate thing is that the POST SEASON HONORS like Mr. Basketball are decided prior to the dance which unfortunately may leave out the "Belle of the Ball" like in Steven Kasper's situation last year off the dance floor. Based on the finish...Kasper would have gotten my vote for Mr. Basketball. The thing with D-IIA is that there are really only about the top 6 teams that most teams should play there starters the majority of the game. If you take the performance of the players to be considered you will find the following results for their games against FRA, EHCS, DCA, Knox W, MJCA, and DCA.

Teague (EHCS) 18

Burton Sampson (KW) 17 (info from 2 games only)

Nash (USN) 16.25 (Does not include KW)

Jenkins (EHCS) 15.0

Wankel (MJCA) 14.6

Bell (FRA) 14.2

Welch (USN) 13.75 (Does not include KW)

Of course this is only one offensive stat...but one a lot of people focus on.

Speaking for Corey Teague because no one else will...he has turned in a great season along with Zach Jenkins in leading this Ezell Harding team to finish in 3rd place just as last year's team did. Without their leadership Ezell would not be where they are today. They may not get recognition for Tennessee's Mr. Basketball but they sure should get some love from all of our Ezell Harding fans.

Please keep in mind scoring is only a part of what Mr. Basketball should represent. Basketball is a lot more that just scoring. Since Mr. Glover won it last year...he's a strong favorite to win it again I would say. But you never know.

Remember BigENS you invited me to this dance.

All the players mentioned thus far have played well at times, some quite remarkably at times and others just being the humans they are. I would say the most unfortunate thing is that the POST SEASON HONORS like Mr. Basketball are decided prior to the dance which unfortunately may leave out the "Belle of the Ball" like in Steven Kasper's situation last year off the dance floor. Based on the finish...Kasper would have gotten my vote for Mr. Basketball. The thing with D-IIA is that there are really only about the top 6 teams that most teams should play there starters the majority of the game. If you take the performance of the players to be considered you will find the following results for their games against FRA, EHCS, DCA, Knox W, MJCA, and DCA.

Teague (EHCS) 18

Burton Sampson (KW) 17 (info from 2 games only)

Nash (USN) 16.25 (Does not include KW)

Jenkins (EHCS) 15.0

Wankel (MJCA) 14.6

Bell (FRA) 14.2

Welch (USN) 13.75 (Does not include KW)

Of course this is only one offensive stat...but one a lot of people focus on.

Speaking for Corey Teague because no one else will...he has turned in a great season along with Zach Jenkins in leading this Ezell Harding team to finish in 3rd place just as last year's team did. Without their leadership Ezell would not be where they are today. They may not get recognition for Tennessee's Mr. Basketball but they sure should get some love from all of our Ezell Harding fans.

Please keep in mind scoring is only a part of what Mr. Basketball should represent. Basketball is a lot more that just scoring. Since Mr. Glover won it last year...he's a strong favorite to win it again I would say. But you never know.

oh yes though you probably figured this out that the previous post would only apply to East/Mid Region. You guys out west know what is best out that way. You know it is really okay to promote the kids you know..as their fans are the best to know. No need to tear down any player/parent for that. My opinion and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Peace and love,

Gman

Always great to hear the informative and positive comments from Gman. But your stats leave out a couple of the most dynamic kids to watch play - Austin Gee and Rob Marberry. These two guys are game-changers, no matter what the stats say. Oh, but I would guess their stats, for the entire season, aren't too shabby! Thanks Gman for your input!

Always great to hear the informative and positive comments from Gman. But your stats leave out a couple of the most dynamic kids to watch play - Austin Gee and Rob Marberry. These two guys are game-changers, no matter what the stats say. Oh, but I would guess their stats, for the entire season, aren't too shabby! Thanks Gman for your input!

Well Austin falls just short of the tops of the point getters but since I introduced Corey and Zach enough was said about the Ezell Boys. Rob falls a little short when looking at performance (and I am talking about scoring only vs the top 6 teams) in the East/Mid division. But like I said you really have to look at the team dynamics if you are gonna look at what each player means to the team. Rob at 6'7 is certainly intimidating in the paint, Austin does great beating the press, and we could probably go down the line and determine that beyond scoring what the others bring to their individual teams.

Well Austin falls just short of the tops of the point getters but since I introduced Corey and Zach enough was said about the Ezell Boys. Rob falls a little short when looking at performance (and I am talking about scoring only vs the top 6 teams) in the East/Mid division. But like I said you really have to look at the team dynamics if you are gonna look at what each player means to the team. Rob at 6'7 is certainly intimidating in the paint, Austin does great beating the press, and we could probably go down the line and determine that beyond scoring what the others bring to their individual teams.

Love watching the Gman play. If there was an award for passion, heart, love for the game. My vote would be for the Gman. Glad he is just a junior.

I must agree with Asitis, Alex Bran gets no support on here and the kid doesn't miss. Also, it is the right of Asitis to express his opinion whatever it may be. However, it is not acceptable to call out and insult high school kids to make yourself look better. I won't mention any names but I'm sure you know who you are.