Predictions for 11AA

coachcutt

We'll see. In the next couple of weeks new bulbs will be installed and ballasts replaced as necessary. It's a short term fix imo. We've been fighting voltage issues for years. The new director of schools is on the same page and trying to get all of the maintenance issues in the system on track and out of the parents pocketbooks.

Getting a lift that will reach the top row of lights in the outfield without sinking up to it's axles in the soft fill out there is the challenge. This weather isn't helping.

The lighting is really the only issue at Harpeth, as someone who played there the last 4 years, your field has just gotten better each year. I always looked forward to getting to play on it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the work at the Rock is complete, we successfully changed every light on the field this week. Happy sight to get the 128 ft lift off the field with minimal damage to the playing surface. We are finally set to play our first game Saturday, if it doesn't rain, sleet, snow, or other precipitation. The team had a great practice yesterday, going late and loving it. The players anyway, quite a few freshman parents getting introduced to High School baseball. This ain't Little League where Johnny practices from 6-7:30. You practice when you can for as long as you can, and maintain the effort and intensity. Good luck to all this weekend! Who else is playing?

Harpeth played Springfield on Saturday at their place, not sure what the final was, 17-3 I think, we played an extended game. Some real bright spots for the first time on the field. Also plenty of stuff to work on, it was good to get the first game jitters out of their system. Saw some good pitching from the Indians, batting production with runners in scoring position was not good early. All in all I was pleased with the effort and I think the Coaches were too. We have Rossview next on Saturday for our home opener. Hopefully we can get a few days on the field this week to get in some real practice. The lighting project is complete at the Rock, and I would say everyone will be impressed. Lots of hard work been going on during the preseason. Looking forward to a great year!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting on a pole at Harpeth. Same one that got bent in last years storms. Wind funneling between the ridge and the school and the concession stand and the bleachers just pummels that part of the net. It's an insurance claim, so we're on their clock.

Several other improvements were made prior to the storm.

1. Got a storage shed built just beyond the home dugout on the third base line.

2. Moved the steps to the concession stand deck to the outside and increased the floor space inside the concession stand.

3. A short retaining wall beyond the pavement on the home side which was needed.

It'll be looking good at the Rock. Probably need to order backstop poles 2 at a time I guess. Had one slightly bent pole over first 15 years that we decided to replace and then 2 in back to back years.