District 9AA MVP

Swanson123

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to argue against Grace, but that tean would be good even without him. My other picks would be Zach Gentry from Sycamore, Ryan Sizemore from White House, and Dillon White of Westmoreland. C. Lynn is also worthy, however, he is one-dimensional as a shooter only. BDP! (3 of the five I've mentioned are all sophomores! Great future ahead for 9AA!)

The MVP award is given thought of too many times as being an award that should be given to the "best player on the best team". Instead I have always thought of the award as being one that should be given to the player who is "most valuable to his/her team's success" throughout the season. Greenbrier is 11-12 on the season and I'd find it very difficult to believe that they'd have 5 wins if they didn't have Connor Peach on the floor. I'm not saying he is "the best" by any means but I am saying that he is "the most valuable" to his team's success.

Hard to argue against Grace, but that tean would be good even without him. My other picks would be Zach Gentry from Sycamore, Ryan Sizemore from White House, and Dillon White of Westmoreland. C. Lynn is also worthy, however, he is one-dimensional as a shooter only. BDP! (3 of the five I've mentioned are all sophomores! Great future ahead for 9AA!)

how bout the mcpherson kid from macon any thoughts?

how bout the mcpherson kid from macon any thoughts?

That's what i meant about macon and grace. They would still have manning and mcpherson if grace was out. Both of those are really good players as well. I agree with howditknow2, however, IMO Peach is the MVP of the greenbrier squad but not the District. Grace still wins out. The others I mentioned definitely impact and make the difference for their respective teams.

• 2 weeks later...

RECALCULATING!!! Dick, Gentry, and Manning may be deserving as well!