Who misses high school football?

alumnifootball

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss high school football?

• Never got to play
    • Played but don't miss it
    • I'd give anything to play one more game!!

Do you dream of your high school football days?

Have you always wanted to play just one more game?

What is it about high school football that makes you want to relive the glory?

Even though we weren't very good I still enjoyed playing high school football, but everyone would love to go back to play one more game of the sport they loved to play.

I miss playing sports altogether. I played football and baseball in high school, and baseball in college. I'd travel back in time and make a stop at all 3 if I could.

But yes, there is something special about high school football. It probably holds the most special place in my heart. But I take solace in the fact that in just a few short years, my oldest son will be strapping on the varsity pads. Time flies.

What is it with the Alumni Football Games?

"It means football, in Texas, on a seemingly timeless Friday night. Was it 1995? 1986? 2004? It made no difference.

It means that full-grown men from both towns (and many different schools), many who had thought that they would never again put pads on, did so, and did so successfully." -Chris Babcock

This 44 year old journalist just played a game in El Paso.Check out his story:

http://www.kvia.com/news/30333499/detail.html

• 2 weeks later...

Do you dream of your high school football days?

Have you always wanted to play just one more game?

What is it about high school football that makes you want to relive the glory?

iv been done since november i know it ant that long but i would give almost anything to wear that black and gold jersey on friday night and play at owl stadium

iv been done since november i know it ant that long but i would give almost anything to wear that black and gold jersey on friday night and play at owl stadium

When you first graduate it's probably the toughest, but it isn't bad until the season starts and you go to a game and it feels weirdly awkward that you're not on the field. But with anything else it fades away, and the 1 thing you miss the most is being in good of shape as you where when you where 17 or 18 years old.

Edited by swanson71

Just one more time, however it would start allover again ,adreline,fire,aching in your heart,butterflies, rehasing all your assignments on all plays ..yep still get them butterflies after 42 years especially with band playing my h.s anthem..come next year it starts all over again..tho with pride ive enjoyed watching my son and 4 g-sons its a never ending cycle ..'FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS'!!!

• 1 month later...

As I recall when I was 7 my dad asked me if I wanted to play FB ? I was estatic and coulnt wait to get to the field to which I had never seen, we were the first there and I ran a lap around the field and to my dismay I didn't realize how many laps as a youngster I would run and the many many sprints that we all graduated to as we grew up to be big boys.

I was fortunate to have mostly the same teamates all the way from the little leagues to the HS level. Over time friendships develope and bonds form that can't be broken,,, I can say I had some great teamates and we all had a grit instilled in us as kids to be winners, no we didn't win a state title only a cpl bowl wins and many fond memories of that 100yds of ground, we all can relate if you give it all you had or at least thought u did for each other, the school, community and those you didn't even know leaning on the fence. I still get those butterflys as kickoff nears and relive the years gone past... I've tried to give a little back to my school and show the pride that I recieved in those days, in 2005 a JB team had 10 win reg season, the first 10 win season since my sr year in 1981 and I wanted to do something special for that team. ( rewind 1979 ) as we took the field and awaited the coin toss someone dressed as a Red Devil appeared from the crowd, no one knew who it was and I recall how that made many of us feel... PRIDE...( fast foward 2005 ) as the team took the field prior to the first round playoff a RED Devil appeared as the massive crowd roared, players, cheerleaders, adults were all eyes on the Devil mascot that had been vacant since 1979... That mascot was me and let me tell ya when I walked to the coin toss with the captains in 05 what a feeling I had, WOW.. The pride I felt was awsome and coach Adkins actually let me walk the sideline during that and the following playoff games ( it really took me back ) I done this a cpl years then me and a teamate of 81 and another friend started and off site weight traing program for the guys who wanted to improve their game, again jus wanted to give back a little of what I recieved back in the day,,, so yes lifelong bonds are made through the HOTT nights of august, all the sprints ran together while pushing each other, the wins and the losses, picking each other up after pounding each, the good and bad bus rides home, stopping to eat after the game, sore as heck on sat morng, the musky smell of the shoulder pads, sound of cleats, getting taped, chekn equipment ovr and ovr pre game making sure you have everything, the fans lined up congrats aftr the game, so yes I do miss my playing days but now We relive those days thru the current teams that take the field and that why we get excited for the return of the Friday night lights.... Many don't understand, Football, its more than a

game !

• 2 weeks later...

"...so yes I do miss my playing days but now We relive those days thru the current teams that take the field and that why we get excited for the return of the Friday night lights.... Many don't understand, Football, its more than a

game!"

So much more. Lots of TN alumni are getting together to hit the field in FULL CONTACT glory all over again.

Check out this website:

www.AlumniFootballUSA.com

You'll love it :)

Edited by alumnifootball