District 11 AAA

bigdaddydee

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all quit calling out individuals one person does not make a team and it's rude because I doubt you were ever as talented as Jake little or Brian miller second of all maybe a reason Overton wins these flukes is because they don't have to go through the real grind of the season to get to regionals like wilco teams and also the district tournaments take a toll on the wilco teams because they are playing real ball clubs unlike Overton

You think Overton only played their 14 district games you clown? As I recall Overton has had big wins every single year in the regular season. Last year we came out and pounded Ravenwood just a few hours after prom. Took two from centennial, and also handed the Alabama State Runner up one of its only losses throughout the entire year. Sure, this year has not been as easy, but how could it be after the loss of nine seniors? The point is that Overton sent Brentwood home, and they will continue to play this week and Brentwood will not.

Franklin wins the district title after beating Brentwood tonight 3-2 off a walk-off wild pitch in the bottom of the seventh. Franklin will host regionals starting next Monday, where these two teams will almost surely meet again for the region title Wednesday night.

hey longball98 where is the respect in this?

Don't compare this Overton team to Bobcat teams from the past. No one underestimated them the last 2 years, they had a 5th round draft pick batting leadoff. They were 33-4 last year playing a 16-18 Franklin team, you really think Franklin was looking past that game? Yes, it is true this year Brentwood overlooked Brentwood. I can't really blame them, Overton was run-ruled by Ravenwood and Centennial this year. Overton won because they threw a very good pitcher, not because they were the better team. And I can guarantee you the Rebels will not be overlooking the Bobcats if they are lucky enough to face them tomorrow.

Don't compare this Overton team to Bobcat teams from the past. No one underestimated them the last 2 years, they had a 5th round draft pick batting leadoff. They were 33-4 last year playing a 16-18 Franklin team, you really think Franklin was looking past that game? Yes, it is true this year Brentwood overlooked Brentwood. I can't really blame them, Overton was run-ruled by Ravenwood and Centennial this year. Overton won because they threw a very good pitcher, not because they were the better team. And I can guarantee you the Rebels will not be overlooking the Bobcats if they are lucky enough to face them tomorrow.

I agree that Franklin wasnt overlooking Overton last year, but in 2010 im almost certain that Independence thought that they would blow by a 31-7 Overton team just because the were throwin B Mill(not to take any thing away from Miller, hes one of the best high school pitchers ive ever seen)and this was similar situation to last night in my opinion

We are all mature adults no reason to start fights ok? I was simply making a valid point about how the wear and tear of the district tournament would have an effect on wilco teams as oppose to overtons road to the regional points and I'm in no way affiliated with wilco I was just making a point I hope your mature enough to see that and not try to start an argument about that. It just bothers me when other people come on and toot their horn about there teams. Does coach Morrison know that you are saying all this?

Franklin beat Hunters Lane tonight 7-2. Franklin looked a little flat overall but were still able to get a comfortable victory. The question for tomorrow nights game is whether Overton has a solid number 2 pitcher that can pitch as well as their number one did vs. Brentwood. Regardless both teams move on to sub-state; congrats to both! Should be a good game tomorrow night between Franklin and Overton.

First of all quit calling out individuals one person does not make a team and it's rude because I doubt you were ever as talented as Jake little or Brian miller second of all maybe a reason Overton wins these flukes is because they don't have to go through the real grind of the season to get to regionals like wilco teams and also the district tournaments take a toll on the wilco teams because they are playing real ball clubs unlike Overton

I believe that Overton was in district 11AAA just three years ago, and they handle the grind quite well.