District 12A Tournament

theGURU

In district play...

Tucker averaged 18.6 ppg

Chard averaged 17.0

Rhodes averaged 16.1

Regarding MVP..My opinion Tucker was PC's best all-around player but he missed 20% of his team's district games. May have been a factor in coaches selection.

Yea stinks for Tucker that he got invited to play in the East West game and missed a few games.. Wait no.. that was a great honor for him.. I doubt it was that. Politics politics.. but the thing is, Tucker is a competitor and plays to win games, not individual awards. Everyone who knows basketball and is not extremely biased knows that Tucker is the best player in the dist. And i will say again, Chard and Rhodes were not even the best on their own teams(Rhodes is the best 3pt shooter/Chard is just a solid player). However, ppg. isnt all to be looked at for MVP. Important but not everything.

In district play...

Tucker averaged 18.6 ppg

Chard averaged 17.0

Rhodes averaged 16.1

Regarding MVP..My opinion Tucker was PC's best all-around player but he missed 20% of his team's district games. May have been a factor in coaches selection.

Does this average include the games Tucker missed or is this an average for just the games that each played? I think that Tucker is a very good player on offense as well as defense. He is diffently one of the best in our district.

Congrats to Chard & Rhodes for their MVP awards. Both are leaders on their teams and have had great seasons.

P.S. I don't agree with people getting on here and bashing or knocking the players that get an award for their efforts. Kids need to play hard and do their best each game and if they have a good year get the prize at the end.

Yea stinks for Tucker that he got invited to play in the East West game and missed a few games.. Wait no.. that was a great honor for him.. I doubt it was that. Politics politics.. but the thing is, Tucker is a competitor and plays to win games, not individual awards. Everyone who knows basketball and is not extremely biased knows that Tucker is the best player in the dist. And i will say again, Chard and Rhodes were not even the best on their own teams(Rhodes is the best 3pt shooter/Chard is just a solid player). However, ppg. isnt all to be looked at for MVP. Important but not everything.

Politics? Could someone please explain what politics went on. If we're talking just averages, I thought Rhodes deserved it last year, he did lead the district in scoring avg. If you want averages for this year, compare these:

Tucker 17.5ppg; 5.2rpg

Rhodes 17.1ppg; 7.8rpg

Chard 15.3ppg; 5.8rpg

Rhodes and Tucker both create a lot of scoring opportunities for each other and make great teammates.

Tucker's defense this year has been suspect and Rhodes is a much better defender than anyone wants to give him credit for. Without Rhodes, Tucker gets doubled and is not as effective; without Tucker, the same holds true for Rhodes. Both are completely different players; one is finesse and the other is a bull. If this were a game of one on one, I would go with Tucker, but its a team sport.Can you folks just get off Rhodes and go on to something else. All 3 of these guys are class acts. We have heard your opinion for like the 4th time now. The Coaches have spoken but maybe they will agree to a "do over", in which Mathis from WC might get it.