District 4A

bitterfan

Someone check the all-time totals....? Really doesn't matter at 7 o'clock tonight there ain't gonna be no "ghosts" playing for either Wartburg or Oneida. Can we all agree that tonight is pretty much a toss-up with the ever so slight edge to Wartburg because they have beaten the Tribe everytime they have played this year. (and home gym to boot!) If the game stays tight, either one of these teams can win it. I would sense the pre-game pressure should be on Wartburg....Oneida should let it all hang out because they know they haven't played well against this team. May the best team on this night be wearing the Orange. :roflol:

I think you might see a game much like the game in the District Finals. I think the way wartburg plays with their full court pressure will eventually fatigue the indians late in the 4th quarter. Personally I felt that was what happened to Oneida in the district championship game. Some shots late in that game were short front rim rebounds. I really felt like Wright lost his legs in that game during the last 3 minutes. It will be some advantage to wartburg playing on their home floor. I think the game will be played hard by both teams because home floor is at stake for the winner in the sectionals monday. Im not sure either team can equal the intentsity they played with in the district championship game but that could prove to be wrong. I think the game will be close but with the way wartburg plays it doesnt take much for the game to swing in their favor if contact fouls on the perimeter are let go. I think the dogs will prevail in the end wearing down the indians. Dogs by 7 tonight. Good Luck to both teams.

Edited by Orangeswarm

another hard fought game tonite dogs pulled it out late oneida played hard and played well seems like they got tired late in 4th and does anyone know why they only had 9 players they had more on the team in previous games hope some wasnt sick good luck to the 4a teams in sub state hope they BOTH go to the boro this year GO 4a !!!!

Congrats to Wartburg, you guys earned it. No excuses coming from me we were just outplayed,again. But the guy who kept heckling our coach is an Idiot. You expect something like that from kids, but not from a short,fat,bald guy who looks like he couldn't spell "Ball" let alone play the game. I wish him and coach Yaden could have just went at it at halftime(would have been the best halftime show of the tourney). I am disappointed in the Admin.,and law enforcement for letting the guy back in and then they let him stand right down at the end of our bench. (Must have been someones relative), I know there is alot of good fans at Wartburg but this guy isn't one of them. Hope to see you at the Boro!

Congrats to Wartburg, you guys earned it. No excuses coming from me we were just outplayed,again. But the guy who kept heckling our coach is an Idiot. You expect something like that from kids, but not from a short,fat,bald guy who looks like he couldn't spell "Ball" let alone play the game. I wish him and coach Yaden could have just went at it at halftime(would have been the best halftime show of the tourney). I am disappointed in the Admin.,and law enforcement for letting the guy back in and then they let him stand right down at the end of our bench. (Must have been someones relative), I know there is alot of good fans at Wartburg but this guy isn't one of them. Hope to see you at the Boro!

That's regrettable, I'm glad you don't judge the entire apple cart. Wartburg fans (we) are proud of our teams, and we like to think that we can cheer them on with class. I hope you didn't allow an incident with a fan ruin what was otherwise, a really good game. I think both teams have an excellent chance of making it to state.

the story that several different fans told me was the guy was hollering but wasnt even hollering at the coach when the coach turned around and threatened to whip his butt but he used profanity instead upsetting several people in crowd i dont know i was on other end of wartburgs bleachers too far away to hear but far enough too see good

What the fan was doing may not of been right. I myself dont care much for that kind of stuff, but when your coach turned around and told him that he would whoop his you know what, in front of his own players and other fans was a lot worse than a heckling fan. As a coach you got to have more self control than that. Congrats to the players from Onieda on a good season and good luck when you play Cloudland.

• Upvote 1

the story that several different fans told me was the guy was hollering but wasnt even hollering at the coach when the coach turned around and threatened to whip his butt but he used profanity instead upsetting several people in crowd i dont know i was on other end of wartburgs bleachers too far away to hear but far enough too see good

Well i sit and watched the guy direct almost everything he yelled (and he yelled alot)at the coach. You can only take so much of someone in your ear. heck i wish coach yaden had whooped his butt! so as usual we have 2 different stories. I have a lot of friends at Wartburg and I think you guys have a great coach,players and fans but this guys main goal was to ride our coach and not cheer his team. But i still say let the 2 adults settle it at midcourt so we all can watch.

What the fan was doing may not of been right. I myself dont care much for that kind of stuff, but when your coach turned around and told him that he would whoop his you know what, in front of his own players and other fans was a lot worse than a heckling fan. As a coach you got to have more self control than that. Congrats to the players from Onieda on a good season and good luck when you play Cloudland.

Good post!

:thumb: