Hampton/Cloudland

HamptonBulldogs1

Not fair to clump. I have always been close to both. Some of my best friends are from H town. Some also could say the same thing you are about some Hampton fans, but thats all in who is looking at the painting and what they think. I don't think its a major thing either way, but I have been wrong before :)

Yeah it goes both ways to some extent.You sure wouldn't be included.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a strange thing.I've been around the players and fans from both sides and there is a bitter hatred from the Cloudland side of things. Its sorta funny,the players or fans don't hate the Hampton kids,its just Hampton. The Hampton people for the most part likes Cloudland and wants to see them do well.Don't get me wrong,they want to beat Cloudland in a bad way,but they respect Cloudland.If Cloudland could get rid of the hatred and envy,they might do better,but I'm afraid its toooooo deeply ingrained to ever overcome.

Cloudland has always pulled for Hampton when they weren't playing. Both fan bases are rough when they play anybody. I do believe that Hampton are sore winners I have never seen a bunch rant and rave at the other team so much when they have won the game. Just my opinion.

Congrats to the dogs, they earned it! The Landers were out shot, out hustled, out rebounded, out reffed (fouls were about 30-12 in hamptons favor), and even out coached. No fluke or excuses, they beat our tail. My problem is with the "political correctness" of co-coach, co-player of the year. Pick the ONE that deserves it most and quit worrying about hurting somebody else's feelings. Sheesh, seems like everybody is expecting something and nobody wants to let them down. Life is not fair, you will get your feelings hurt. You will get mad. You will get over it. Sorry if that shocked some of you lol

Edited by 91LANDERS

Cloudland has always pulled for Hampton when they weren't playing. Both fan bases are rough when they play anybody. I do believe that Hampton are sore winners I have never seen a bunch rant and rave at the other team so much when they have won the game. Just my opinion.

The king brought this up,not me,ask him what he was referring to.

Congrats to the dogs, they earned it! The Landers were out shot, out hustled, out rebounded, out reffed (fouls were about 30-12 in hamptons favor), and even out coached. No fluke or excuses, the beat our tail. My problem is with the "political correctness" of co-coach, co-player of the year. Pick the ONE that deserves it most and quit worrying about hurting somebody else's feelings. Sheesh, seems like everybody is expecting something and nobody wants to let them down. Life is not fair, you will get your feelings hurt. You will get mad. You will get over it. Sorry if that shocked some of you lol

I don't even know who won these awards,but I bet I could guess. I agree that there shouldn't be co nothings.It takes away from the one's who really deserved it.I'm not sure who should have got player of the year,but Ned deserved COY hands down. I sure didn't expect them to win or even be in this thing after all the trouble they've had and especially after the loss of Lane Smith.

Not fair to clump. I have always been close to both. Some of my best friends are from H town. Some also could say the same thing you are about some Hampton fans, but thats all in who is looking at the painting and what they think. I don't think its a major thing either way, but I have been wrong before :)

I love errrbody! :)

I don't even know who won these awards,but I bet I could guess. I agree that there shouldn't be co nothings.It takes away from the one's who really deserved it.I'm not sure who should have got player of the year,but Ned deserved COY hands down. I sure didn't expect them to win or even be in this thing after all the trouble they've had and especially after the loss of Lane Smith.

I know who won them but I don't care that Cloudland people had to share. That's not my point. No matter who is on the ballot, the voters should only get to vote for one. You are right, it takes away from the individual distinction when it is given as a co-award. Seems kinda pointless then, don't you think? Both can do well, but one had to accomplish more. Just my thoughts

I know who won them but I don't care that Cloudland people had to share. That's not my point. No matter who is on the ballot, the voters should only get to vote for one. You are right, it takes away from the individual distinction when it is given as a co-award. Seems kinda pointless then, don't you think? Both can do well, but one had to accomplish more. Just my thoughts

Couldn't agree more. Its no big deal to me,but Mcclellon might have been my choice.

Let me give props to McClain...."I personally don't believe I deserved MVP....Chambers, Murry played well also...."

A TEAM player/leader always gives his/her team recognition....understanding they did NOTHING by themselves!

Past, present and future athletes could learn alot from this example!

Congrats Cody