Region 4a

swanson71

The second quarter killed Watertown and to me it's what done them in for the game. I could be wrong, but I believe Crange held Watertown without a point in the 2nd quarter. Watertown fought back and made it a game, but it was just too much to come back from. Congrats to Crange and FCS on making it to the region championship!

The second quarter killed Watertown and to me it's what done them in for the game. I could be wrong, but I believe Crange held Watertown without a point in the 2nd quarter. Watertown fought back and made it a game, but it was just too much to come back from. Congrats to Crange and FCS on making it to the region championship!

Your right. the second quarter was a disaster all the way around for watertown. It's hard to come back from that kind of deficit in a tournament game. Watertown scored 2 points in the second quarter. they had 7 at half, which wont win against a good team. I stayed for most the FCS game until it got too out of hand. They played a dominating game and basically had it under control the whole game. Hopefully the same Clarkrange team shows up thursday that showed up tonight. I seen in region 3 that there were 2 upsets. CSAS beat Lookout and Grace beat Van Beauren. both games were by 10 points. could make for an interesting substate matchups for FCS and Crange!

Your right. the second quarter was a disaster all the way around for watertown. It's hard to come back from that kind of deficit in a tournament game. Watertown scored 2 points in the second quarter. they had 7 at half, which wont win against a good team. I stayed for most the FCS game until it got too out of hand. They played a dominating game and basically had it under control the whole game. Hopefully the same Clarkrange team shows up thursday that showed up tonight. I seen in region 3 that there were 2 upsets. CSAS beat Lookout and Grace beat Van Beauren. both games were by 10 points. could make for an interesting substate matchups for FCS and Crange!

I would love to see Crange and FCS playing in the state tournament, I can't remember the last time 2 teams from region 4 both went to the state tournament.

I would love to see Crange and FCS playing in the state tournament, I can't remember the last time 2 teams from region 4 both went to the state tournament.

I believe it could happen. Crange played Grace in the summer, granted that was a very long time ago, and lost by 1. I believe whichever team hosts the substate will win. But do also think the traveling team has a legitimate chance at winning and advancing as well. Both FCS and Crange played great ball tonight, and if they play like that against any team in the other region they can win the game.

No jealousy at all just stating facts. What part of my post was not true?

Implicit in your comments. No reference to accuracy. Just noting that you find it important to highlight the "private school" rather than use the name. But we're just glad to be moving on. Thanks to all those Watertown fans who wished us well. Some even stuck around and cheered for us. Go Commanders! And go District 8A.

Implicit in your comments. No reference to accuracy. Just noting that you find it important to highlight the "private school" rather than use the name. But we're just glad to be moving on. Thanks to all those Watertown fans who wished us well. Some even stuck around and cheered for us. Go Commanders! And go District 8A.

You noticed that did you? The private school was the better team tonight. They have definitely assembled a very good team, but as we all know very few if any live close to that school in the country so lets not kid ourselves here. Because they hide behind the private school moniker they are allowed to do that by T$$AA so there is nothing illegal about it. Every team was well represented last night in their fan base except for one, you want to guess which one wasn't? Watertown fans showed up because they are just like the teams from 7A. They play kids from their area of the county that grow up there, and their families actually live there and everyone knows everyone else just like it is here in JC, or Clay County, Clarkrange etc... So you have a sense of pride for your community and the young people that grow up there because one day they will be a part of that community, but thats definitely not the case at the private school so thus you have no fan support outside of mom and dad. The private school has a very good team, very good athletes but in my opinion they need to be lumped in with the other privates or made to play at the highest level i.e. AAA in every sport except football then 6A in that. That way its a level playing field but until that happens we can all just root for the school to lose! :thumb:

You noticed that did you? The private school was the better team tonight. They have definitely assembled a very good team, but as we all know very few if any live close to that school in the country so lets not kid ourselves here. Because they hide behind the private school moniker they are allowed to do that by T$$AA so there is nothing illegal about it. Every team was well represented last night in their fan base except for one, you want to guess which one wasn't? Watertown fans showed up because they are just like the teams from 7A. They play kids from their area of the county that grow up there, and their families actually live there and everyone knows everyone else just like it is here in JC, or Clay County, Clarkrange etc... So you have a sense of pride for your community and the young people that grow up there because one day they will be a part of that community, but thats definitely not the case at the private school so thus you have no fan support outside of mom and dad. The private school has a very good team, very good athletes but in my opinion they need to be lumped in with the other privates or made to play at the highest level i.e. AAA in every sport except football then 6A in that. That way its a level playing field but until that happens we can all just root for the school to lose! :thumb:

While there is much credence to your comments, it should also be duly noticed that several 'public' schools have had a remarkable stroke of luck with student-athletes that have "moved" into a particular school zones and only lived there for a 3 or 4-year period?

Well, maybe it's not that lucky when you consider that there's an associated direct or indirect tie with a local coach and the AAU. But I digress since we're not suppose to recognize something so obvious at the 'public' school level.

Well good gosh I do beelieve if I wasin you devilboy dat I would worry bout teaching u'ins boys da meaning of character before runnin dat mouth bout private schools. Da flagrant fouls and T's showed da crowd da real story. And da beat dat da PoPpo had to dismiss da whole student section for I guess what day were chanting.But da bottom line dem boys from all dem counties dat surround Possumtown SPANKED dem bluedevils..

Congrats to us and dem Clarkrange boys and hoe day both make it to da STATE

Students transfering to a private school has to move within a 20 mile radius of the school territory, and a kid transfering from another school has to move within a 20 mile radius of the new school and a 20 mile radius outside the school territory of the old school or they have to sit out a year. I was quickly corrected in the baseball boards about this as this was a big discussion. However, I believe if you coach or teach you can go their. Over the years i've seen a lot of assistant coaches brought in who were there for a short time while their kids went to school their. I also noticed that there weren't many fans from FCS there, I saw more puprle their than green in the last game. FCS isn't a basketball school and even if they are in a big game they aren't going to pack a crowd. Last night was a big game for FCS, and i've seen more of thier fans at a regular season baseball game than what was their last night.

This comment shows so well how little you know about FCS. To my knowledge all of the boys on the team are from Wilson County but one , maybe two. No coaches on the team have sons who play. IF (Big IF) we did the things you allege, we aren't doing it very well. Since 1973 our boys teams have NEVER made it to the State Tourney...not ONCE. This has been an amazing year for us. BT Washington seems to be the best team in the state. But if we were fortunate enough to meet them in the tourney, I wouldn't count us out. Jealousy is an ugly thing. Look it up - "resentful or bitter in rivalry; envy, etc." Our fans DO travel well. But it just so happens that JC a half hour closer to Livingston than Lebanon...on a school night. I thought we were well represented...and composed with class. I was proud of our folks who came out. I don't understand you (editorial you) resenting me for paying for my kids to have Bible and chapel regularly and be able to pray openly. I pay the same property taxes my neighbors pay AND I pay tuition, and I give to support athletics. And it hurts my wallet. I could save a lot more. I could have nicer things. But I put my kids interests above my own. You don't have to cheer for us. Just don't let envy and jealousy rule your life. Bottom line, few if any of our kids will play past high school. And the example we set for them will influence the rest of their lives.

You should come spend some time around Friendship because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

This comment shows so well how little you know about FCS. To my knowledge all of the boys on the team are from Wilson County but one , maybe two. No coaches on the team have sons who play. IF (Big IF) we did the things you allege, we aren't doing it very well. Since 1973 our boys teams have NEVER made it to the State Tourney...not ONCE. This has been an amazing year for us. BT Washington seems to be the best team in the state. But if we were fortunate enough to meet them in the tourney, I wouldn't count us out. Jealousy is an ugly thing. Look it up - "resentful or bitter in rivalry; envy, etc." Our fans DO travel well. But it just so happens that JC a half hour closer to Livingston than Lebanon...on a school night. I thought we were well represented...and composed with class. I was proud of our folks who came out. I don't understand you (editorial you) resenting me for paying for my kids to have Bible and chapel regularly and be able to pray openly. I pay the same property taxes my neighbors pay AND I pay tuition, and I give to support athletics. And it hurts my wallet. I could save a lot more. I could have nicer things. But I put my kids interests above my own. You don't have to cheer for us. Just don't let envy and jealousy rule your life. Bottom line, few if any of our kids will play past high school. And the example we set for them will influence the rest of their lives.

Just two huh? Hmmm ok give me two players to add to my starting five that are two of the best players on the floor and see how much easier it becomes to win at the Class A level in basketball. You are so quick to condemn, that sir is not the christian way but yet you openly speak about being able to send your children to a christian school so they can have bible and chapel regularly, which i applaude by the way but when you openly judge and condemn someone because they see things in a different light than you do what kind of precedence are you setting as a parent and role model? Sounds like you need to do some repenting yourself before you decide to log on to a website and spread falicies about someone that you know nothing about and because of a disagreement about a "sport" you decide to insinuate that i am envious and jealous of something you "supposedly" have which is a lie and a sin i might add. If i was you i would think about what i was saying before you become so quick to judge. Remember this bible verse "judge not less ye be judged"? If i was you i would have a serious talk with myself and what kind of example i'm setting for my children. Just my two cents worth...

Edited by devilfanatic