District 8a

swanson71

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't go as far as saying RBS is "waaay down this year". RBS only lost 2 or 3 seniors last year, 1 of which will be tough to replace. However, RBS returns quite a few pretty good players so they should finish close to where they did last year. I think Watertown lost their starting pitcher so they're my pick to finish last.

I offered my opinion after seeing an RBS scrimmage. After having watched them in a "real" game, I would still say that they are not as strong as they have historically been, but they are also not "waaay down" as I first opined. Coach Porter is a good coach and RBS will battle everyone they play, they just may not have enough guns this year. I saw H2Otown Saturday, and they have at least 1 fairly strong pitcher. I thought they were fundamentally sound as well, so I think they will finish a strong 3rd.

I offered my opinion after seeing an RBS scrimmage. After having watched them in a "real" game, I would still say that they are not as strong as they have historically been, but they are also not "waaay down" as I first opined. Coach Porter is a good coach and RBS will battle everyone they play, they just may not have enough guns this year. I saw H2Otown Saturday, and they have at least 1 fairly strong pitcher. I thought they were fundamentally sound as well, so I think they will finish a strong 3rd.

I know we're not as strong as we've historically been, but I would venture to say we aren't that bad. Competing with Gville and FCS will be hard to do. Last year this team didn't win a district game and then in the tournament and finished 3rd so anything could happen. I know they have some talent so anything could happen. Watertown had a pretty good pitcher last year, and I was told, though it could be wrong information, that she graduated last year.

I know we're not as strong as we've historically been, but I would venture to say we aren't that bad. Competing with Gville and FCS will be hard to do. Last year this team didn't win a district game and then in the tournament and finished 3rd so anything could happen. I know they have some talent so anything could happen. Watertown had a pretty good pitcher last year, and I was told, though it could be wrong information, that she graduated last year.

The only reason rbs has ever won anything is because of the district they were in. They will never win in this one.

I have now seen the "other three" teams in this district (H2Otown, RBS, and TC) in person, and I think 8A is in for some interesting battles this season. I have not seen the private school or G'ville in person, but I am hearing G'ville isn't as strong as they were last year (a couple of early box scores would seem to indicate that as well), so 2nd place could be up for grabs.

Edited by MrSoftball

FC may or may not be as good as they were last year. We finished 2-3 in Gulf shores last week. We did beat a 5A team. And there were no real blow outs either way. There is an awful lot of young talent. If they develop fast it could be a good year. We leaned a lot on our SS last year. With her off to college, the others may realize they have to step it up. Hunter looks very good so far on the mound. And Tana is very strong for a freshman pitcher. Hitting is still coming along...a work in progress. First home pitch is today at 5:00. Come out and see our new press box. Dr. J and his crew did an amazing job with the field and fence, too.

I have now seen the "other three" teams in this district (H2Otown, RBS, and TC) in person, and I think 8A is in for some interesting battles this season. I have not seen the private school or G'ville in person, but I am hearing G'ville isn't as strong as they were last year (a couple of early box scores would seem to indicate that as well), so 2nd place could be up for grabs.

Hopefully I can make it up to watch my sister's senior year and catch more games this year! RBS will have some holes to fill, but hopefully come tournament time they'll be ready. Unless teams in 7a have gotten stronger whoever does come out as 1 and 2 in this district has basically a free trip to the sectionals.