Unicoi County vs Sullivan East

dare

Game 5, series tied at 2 for this year. These two teams will play one more time to try and settle this rivalry. Since East dropped down to AA 3 years ago (counting this year), these two teams have been going at it. They have played 12 times in the last 3 years, with both teams winning 6 times. East won the regular season title, district, and region 3 years ago. Unicoi won regular season title, district, and region last year. Unicoi has won regular season and district this year with the region title still out there on Thursday. Any thoughts on this game??? Should be a good one, can't wait till Friday.

Edited by dare

That's a good one chill, but I think Unicoi beats stone last year if hensley doesn't get hurt b4 halftime. Think that would be an interesting matchup again this year. Unicoi is better defensively this year for sure. Don't know much about alcoa? Know they are good. East has a good experienced team with 7 Sr's and 7 jr's on their roster. Could be good matchups?

That's a good one chill, but I think Unicoi beats stone last year if hensley doesn't get hurt b4 halftime. Think that would be an interesting matchup again this year. Unicoi is better defensively this year for sure. Don't know much about alcoa? Know they are good. East has a good experienced team with 7 Sr's and 7 jr's on their roster. Could be good matchups?

yea well Unicoi is the designated sub state choker they can't win it so idk why this year is any different than the last 6 years considering Unicoi has had way better teams than this years and I can't see east winning their sub state game either both Alcoa and Stone are just better.

Hard to classify losing to teams at that level as "choking " you just made comment stone and Alcoa are better ..do you think Erwin has lost to team they were better than? I would say alot of teams would like to have "choked" in sub state 7 times..pretty impressive run for blue devils I think. How many teams in state have made it too sweet 16 round six straight tines and 7 out if 8 years? Probably not many.

yea well Unicoi is the designated sub state choker they can't win it so idk why this year is any different than the last 6 years considering Unicoi has had way better teams than this years and I can't see east winning their sub state game either both Alcoa and Stone are just better.

Not sure how you can classify losing to teams like Fulton and Austin-East as "choking" considering the talent those teams have had over the past decade. Last year against Stone was not a "choke," either. Losing your best defender and rebounder in the 2nd quarter (when you have a double digit lead) would be hard for any team at that stage of the postseason.

P.S.- PUNCTUATION, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Region Finals:

Unicoi - 68

East - 60

Alcoa - 79

Stone - 65

Sub-State:

Alcoa - 74

East - 58

Unicoi - 62

Stone - 59

Region Finals:

Unicoi - 68

East - 60

Alcoa - 79

Stone - 65

Sub-State:

Alcoa - 74

East - 58

Unicoi - 62

Stone - 59

Looks like you got the substate match-ups right, but the venues will be just the opposite. I don't know anything about R2 this year so I can't comment on Stone and Alcoa. I was totally surprised by the score of the Unicoi/East game though. I would have bet the outcome was a coin flip with the game being decided by 5 points or less. The scoreboard indicates that East won by 25. Wow! Good luck to both R1 teams.

• 2 weeks later...