seq at howard substate game...

lsufootball12

I wouldn't count sequatchie co out yet! They have a good fan base, may be able to overcome homecourt advantage.They have good leadership on the floor that can control the game. Besides, Cartwright could probaly shoot this ball from Dunlap so he may have home court :popcorneater:

depends on which Howard team shows up>>>Havent seen this Howard team play much but what i have saw is that the guards can get up and down the floor but the strength is Brandon Walters>>> 6'9" monster inside but i also saw sequatchie play against a very small and not that good Notre Dame team and they couldnt handle the press at all but had to use their size to overcome the game and win>>>>Howard is big and athletic>>>with that said i will pull for Howard even though i wont be there but i am almost sure sequatchie will have more fans there than Howard

depends on which Howard team shows up>>>Havent seen this Howard team play much but what i have saw is that the guards can get up and down the floor but the strength is Brandon Walters>>> 6'9" monster inside but i also saw sequatchie play against a very small and not that good Notre Dame team and they couldnt handle the press at all but had to use their size to overcome the game and win>>>>Howard is big and athletic>>>with that said i will pull for Howard even though i wont be there but i am almost sure sequatchie will have more fans there than Howard

I agree with t-mac. Howard by 15+ in this one. Sequatchie Co. doesn't have the athletes to match up with Howard and while Cartwright is an outstanding player, I have seen him play enough to know he doesn't have a strong will to take over a game. In my opinion he passes too much and doesn't assert himself enough. Howard will be all over him and his teammates will have to win the game, and they simply won't have the "bullets in the gun" to threaten Howard. SCHS's 2nd best player is a post that didn't have many challenges in district 7 but will not be able to match up with Waters. That being said, if I was coaching Cartwright, I would tell him he needs to take 50+ shots and drive to the basket every chance he gets if they are going to have any chance to win. If he did this, then Howard would be in trouble. I just don't see that happening. If I were coaching Howard I would double team Cartwright the entire game and force his teammates to take shots and they probably wont score more than 45. Cartwright needs to be 'greedy' and have the heart of a lion for SCHS to win this one. If Cartwright passes enough, Howard fans won't be that impressed with him. If he decides to take over, you will realize he is by far the best player between the two teams. The more I think about it, Howard might need to triple team him!

Cartwright is a good player but Howard will not have to double or triple team him as their guards will be athletic enough to lock him down in a one on one situation. Actually I believe Sequatchie's chances increase if he plays unselfish and passes the ball instead of trying to force everything. Teammates will then get involved attack the glass and feel part of the game. He can't win it by himself, especially against the athleticism and speed of Howard. Use the big post and work to get Howard's big post in foul trouble if you can. It is a win or go home scenario. Good luck Indians.

• Upvote 1