Thoughts on the FINAL 8

wardawg2038

Here is my opinion, I have only seen FCS play so I'm just going on what I hear. The teams with the two best chances are LC and BTW. I think four teams have an outside chance and that's FCS, PC, McEwen, and Wartburg. If BTW is as athletic as advertises then I say they win against anybody who tries to run and gun with them including LC. I think a team needs to make it a half court game with BTW. Friendship beat down on CSAS in the sub state game, but CSAS looked awful so I don't know how much stock I'd put into that game. All 5 starters for friendship are above average players and I think they'll at least be able to compete in the tournament if they play well. We have a few players off the bench who are decent and can give valuable minutes. We will most likely try to play a half court game with little press. We have played pretty good defense all year. With that being said, basketball is a funny sport and all it takes is 1 or 2 players getting in foul trouble and a very good team can quickly become an average team.

They'll compete, in years past when we do happen to send a team out of this region to the state tournament it's usually because the winner faced a team out of region 3a equally weak. When they got to the state tournament they would get the snot beat out of them. I've always said the last truly good team to come out of this region was the 2005-06 Clay County team, they had thier ups and downs but when it came down to it they were head and shoulders above everyone else. FCS is the same way, they had a few slumps in during the season, but when it came down to when it matters most they cruised through the region with ease. FCS may not win the tournament, personally I think there are 3 or 4 other teams that are better, but they WILL be able to compete.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic