Thoughts on the FINAL 8

wardawg2038

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Favorites are Lake County, Perry County, and BTW. Wartburg may be the sleeper. Players to watch would be the 3 Mr. Basketball Finalists Rapheal Tyler, Martavious Newby,and Alex Fountain along with Jacob Tucker and Garret Mullinicks. I would love for PC to play McEwen, BTW, and Lake County but in No particular order because I know we are capable of beating all 3.

Do not underestimate Friendship Christian, this is the best team to come from this region in a long while.

The Landers will be able to run and gun with anyone down there. Last night in the 4th quarter Oneida players were in a timeout with their hands behind their heads breathing really hard, while the Landers had even more energy than they did in the 1st. There are very few teams out there that play this style as good as the Landers.

The same was true about Hampton last year....Could have tired most teams...Then we met up with LC! That bunch could've ran for four more qtrs and they were long!

I see LC being the same this year as will BTW and probably PC...The Landers should have a fun time at the boro

I started the thread so guess time to chime in!! I am liking the posts so far about the teams. THis allows us that don't get to see everybody a chance to hear about the teams from other areas. My picks as Favorites Listed Alpabetically not by who I think is strongest: Booker T Washington, Lake County and Perry County. Reasoning Atleticism and Experience. Booker T Washington will be the most athletic team at the state tourney in single A, got to see them in person and they have a superstar in Martavious Newby. They can get up and down the floor with anybody and are long which makes them difficult to handle. Lake Co. a close second in athleticism to BTW and have 4 of 5 starters back from last year's state title team., Also have 3 other players who played big minutes in last year's title run so they will not be in awe of the environment. Perry County has good athletes in Tucker, Rhodes and company. Have experience of being in the final 4 last year so they will nmot be rattled by environment either. THese 3 have to be the top teir going in for those reasons. On the verge: My next group are the ones I feel could pull an upset and break into the championship game, again alphabetically: Friendship Christian, Grace Baptist and Wartburg. Friendship,: mainly going off the impressive thumping they put on CSAS. I know the Patriots lost alot but they have talent judging by the sccore FCS dismantled them. Watchout. Grace, a Chattanooga private school. Traditionally these teams, (Temple, CCS, Grace) have faired well in tha boro. They will play solid ball and be a tough out. Wartburg, great player in Fountain. So they have that dude that can put them on his back when needed. Finally the Nobody watching us group: McEwen and Cloudland. Would say most people count these two as long shots to win it, No offense, but both are solid teams. You don't get here and not be. I remind people all the time you never know because my Falcons were not even on the tourney radar last year before it started. Good luck to all

I started the thread so guess time to chime in!! I am liking the posts so far about the teams. THis allows us that don't get to see everybody a chance to hear about the teams from other areas. My picks as Favorites Listed Alpabetically not by who I think is strongest: Booker T Washington, Lake County and Perry County. Reasoning Atleticism and Experience. Booker T Washington will be the most athletic team at the state tourney in single A, got to see them in person and they have a superstar in Martavious Newby. They can get up and down the floor with anybody and are long which makes them difficult to handle. Lake Co. a close second in athleticism to BTW and have 4 of 5 starters back from last year's state title team., Also have 3 other players who played big minutes in last year's title run so they will not be in awe of the environment. Perry County has good athletes in Tucker, Rhodes and company. Have experience of being in the final 4 last year so they will nmot be rattled by environment either. THese 3 have to be the top teir going in for those reasons. On the verge: My next group are the ones I feel could pull an upset and break into the championship game, again alphabetically: Friendship Christian, Grace Baptist and Wartburg. Friendship,: mainly going off the impressive thumping they put on CSAS. I know the Patriots lost alot but they have talent judging by the sccore FCS dismantled them. Watchout. Grace, a Chattanooga private school. Traditionally these teams, (Temple, CCS, Grace) have faired well in tha boro. They will play solid ball and be a tough out. Wartburg, great player in Fountain. So they have that dude that can put them on his back when needed. Finally the Nobody watching us group: McEwen and Cloudland. Would say most people count these two as long shots to win it, No offense, but both are solid teams. You don't get here and not be. I remind people all the time you never know because my Falcons were not even on the tourney radar last year before it started. Good luck to all

With this year's format(back to back to back nights), I think the team that has the most depth or is in the best condition will have the edge. BTW's athletism may win out though. I like the way Friendship is playing through the tournaments, Wartbug can't be counted out with a Mr.BB canidate, McEwen and PC are evenly matched and then there's good ole Lake Co. that knew how to take care of business last year. Good records for all teams with 2 good teams humbolt and Trinity that probably deserve to be there

Edited by swoosh

With this year's format(back to back to back nights), I think the team that has the most depth or is in the best condition will have the edge. BTW's athletism may win out though. I like the way Friendship is playing through the tournaments, Wartbug can't be counted out with a Mr.BB canidate, McEwen and PC are evenly matched and then there's good ole Lake Co. that knew how to take care of business last year. Good records for all teams with 2 good teams humbolt and Trinity that probably deserve to be there

Some people who watched the Hampton and WB game seem to think Cloudland would have a good chance against WB. I'm not sure what that gets you.I'm thinking BTW and LC are the 2 best.PC being a close 3rd.Crazy thing about BB, being the best don't always get you the prize.

The Landers will be able to run and gun with anyone down there. Last night in the 4th quarter Oneida players were in a timeout with their hands behind their heads breathing really hard, while the Landers had even more energy than they did in the 1st. There are very few teams out there that play this style as good as the Landers.

this doesnt suprise me none having played oneida 4 times and seeing them gassed for breath late in the 4th 4 times has been the normal against wartburg on a more serious note dont worry bout the dogs as greenback said earlier its just wartburg there nothing!!!

Here is my opinion, I have only seen FCS play so I'm just going on what I hear. The teams with the two best chances are LC and BTW. I think four teams have an outside chance and that's FCS, PC, McEwen, and Wartburg. If BTW is as athletic as advertises then I say they win against anybody who tries to run and gun with them including LC. I think a team needs to make it a half court game with BTW. Friendship beat down on CSAS in the sub state game, but CSAS looked awful so I don't know how much stock I'd put into that game. All 5 starters for friendship are above average players and I think they'll at least be able to compete in the tournament if they play well. We have a few players off the bench who are decent and can give valuable minutes. We will most likely try to play a half court game with little press. We have played pretty good defense all year. With that being said, basketball is a funny sport and all it takes is 1 or 2 players getting in foul trouble and a very good team can quickly become an average team.