State Tourney Officiating

bigAsports

This is talked about many times over the course of the year. I have always kept my thoughts to myself but sitting here watching the first game of the girls tourney is making me sick. It's not even half time yet and I want to get up and leave. The officials are so inconsistant it's pathetic. The 2 teams that are playing I hate it for them. I do not care who wins this game at all, as I am just a basketball fan, not here supporting a specific team. So many missed calls or no calls on one end and then make calls on the other that was not called earlier. Okay that was my rant. Had to get it out!

This is talked about many times over the course of the year. I have always kept my thoughts to myself but sitting here watching the first game of the girls tourney is making me sick. It's not even half time yet and I want to get up and leave. The officials are so inconsistant it's pathetic. The 2 teams that are playing I hate it for them. I do not care who wins this game at all, as I am just a basketball fan, not here supporting a specific team. So many missed calls or no calls on one end and then make calls on the other that was not called earlier. Okay that was my rant. Had to get it out!

It's my opinion from games I've witnessed over the years that they generally call the games closer than what you normally see during the course of a season. I think they do that so the games don't become too physical and have the potential to get out of hand. Some teams are more physical than others and some are less physical, so each team usually has to adjust to the offciating crew they have.

As long as they're consistent on both ends I don't have a problem, but I've seen too much inconsistentcy between crews and even within a crew.