McEwen VS. Friendship Christian

KC360

Alot of times fans only see the bad calls that don't go their way. There were bad calls on both sides as always.

That was basically my point. I completely agree that McEwen got hammered on calls but I feel that it was bad all the way around. At one point the official so badly missed a call in FCS favor, the FCS fans almost flipped the building upside down. The ref knows he blew it so I guess to make up for it he just blows his whistle and makes up some stupid "out of the air" foul against McEwen. There I am wearing a green shirt with an FC logo on it and I jump up and yell "WHAT!" in support of McEwen. Friend sitting next to me says, "Hey-that was against them, not us" I plop down in my seat and say, "I know and it was a horrible call that he made up because he so badly blew the no call in our favor!".

A month ago in our District Championship the other team shoots a 3 pointer standing out of bounds and it counted! We lost that game by 2 points. It's sick!

Thought it was a pretty bad played game by both teams. Either would be lucky to stay with Perry County tonight. The game did show a huge flaw in TSSAA rules. At $10 a ticket to watch a kid hold the ball for 4min is not worth it. Great job by coach to take advantage of the rules but if that is basketball count me out. They need a shot clock like now. I would rather watch do anything else than pay to see that. I guess i would have to have a kid on a team for that to be worth it. Shot clock now TSSAA!!!

Yep. FCS's coach DID take advantage of the rules. I applaud him for that. Like Commanderman said, great to watch, and really, McEwen took part in letting it go on for 4 minutes. They could had engaged and started the timer. But they were too scared to come up to our players, instead they just stayed back and let the clock tick.

Don't have a kid on the team and I absolutely loved it! Great move by the coach to give us the advantage for the second half since we had 2 starters sitting on the bench and they weren't gonna come in the rest of the first half anyways

you said you dont have a kid but said it gave "us the advantage". I agree like i said good move by coach but rule needs to be changed like it is in a lot of states. Stalling down the shot clock is one thing but 4min is crazy. Not good basketball viewing for the fans. Have heard coachk, jerryw, and others say how shot clock saved the game of basketball. NFHS has a 30-35 secound shot clock rule but is not used in all states. We need it here. That was almost as boring as watching paint dry. Just skip quarters 2 and 3 and lets play the last one. LOL

Yep. FCS's coach DID take advantage of the rules. I applaud him for that. Like Commanderman said, great to watch, and really, McEwen took part in letting it go on for 4 minutes. They could had engaged and started the timer. But they were too scared to come up to our players, instead they just stayed back and let the clock tick.

They did nothing about it because we couldn't afford any more fouls against us.

Thought it was a pretty bad played game by both teams. Either would be lucky to stay with Perry County tonight. The game did show a huge flaw in TSSAA rules. At $10 a ticket to watch a kid hold the ball for 4min is not worth it. Great job by coach to take advantage of the rules but if that is basketball count me out. They need a shot clock like now. I would rather watch do anything else than pay to see that. I guess i would have to have a kid on a team for that to be worth it. Shot clock now TSSAA!!!

Sports are all about "strategy" not merely running up and down a court or a field exchanging points. It was odd BUT this is a battle that is won only by who has the better strategy. This worked in FCS favor. The half ended with no additional fouls and a one point lead.

Or you could look at it like FCS was too scared to attack their zone. I don't think it was a matter of anyone being scared, that is silly. They need a shot clock here, period.

They did nothing about it because we couldn't afford any more fouls against us.

Yeah, and thats why we did it as well. We couldnt afford any more fouls. People are calling us out for doing this, but it was the smart thing, and it wasnt only us if someone wants to point the finger. If any points the finger, both teams took part, and it was smart for both teams.

All McEwen had to do was come out of their Zone and FCS wouldn't have held the ball so long. With key players in foul trouble, that was a super smart move by Cleve Harris plus it worked. We got a foul on a McEwen player and 1 point out of the deal and took the momentum away from McEwen. Smart basketball it ALL that was.

you said you dont have a kid but said it gave "us the advantage". I agree like i said good move by coach but rule needs to be changed like it is in a lot of states. Stalling down the shot clock is one thing but 4min is crazy. Not good basketball viewing for the fans. Have heard coachk, jerryw, and others say how shot clock saved the game of basketball. NFHS has a 30-35 secound shot clock rule but is not used in all states. We need it here. That was almost as boring as watching paint dry. Just skip quarters 2 and 3 and lets play the last one. LOL

I'm 19 so no I don't have a kid on the team lol. And I graduated from friendship so I consider myself part of "us." I'm not saying that it wasn't boring, I just think it was the smartest move by any coach at the state tournament thus far.

Sports are all about "strategy" not merely running up and down a court or a field exchanging points. It was odd BUT this is a battle that is won only by who has the better strategy. This worked in FCS favor. The half ended with no additional fouls and a one point lead.

again agree good strategy by coach today but not the basketball i think most enjoy watching. Shot clock needs to be in this state. No action for 4min is horrible. Seen where a girls team in another state stalled for 8min, final score was 17-7. Horrible, that is a football score. That state is now looking into the shot clock. Should be just like college 35 seconds.

again agree good strategy by coach today but not the basketball i think most enjoy watching. Shot clock needs to be in this state. No action for 4min is horrible. Seen where a girls team in another state stalled for 8min, final score was 17-7. Horrible, that is a football score. That state is now looking into the shot clock. Should be just like college 35 seconds.