Lenoir City Girls Basketball

lcbball30

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing political bull crap! Coach Herron seemed to be a good person and a good coach. Some parent wasnt happy because little "Suzie" didn't get enough playing time. The parents ran off Joe Lee. Then they ran off Coach Wright and now Coach Herron. They lost 4 head coaches from the boys side in 3 years. They ran off the last head football coach 4 years ago and lost the head baseball coach last year. There is a serious problem somewhere with the administration and school board of Lenoir City Schools. Who is actually running the school system? Whoever has the power or the money! They have become a laughing stock among high school sports and coaching. Now they are in the news because they are taking the traditional prayer out of school board meetings and football games. It's sad because Lenoir City is a great little city with some terribly ran schools! Just my personal opinion. Good luck with the next hire!!

Hey 57in87, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about! You obviously are just an outsider that wants to spout off at the mouth about something YOU know nothing about. Joe Lee might have been run off - give you that one. However, Todd Wright left on his own accord. From what I understand he was not thrilled about teaching low level math or teaching period again. Also, I have heard he truly wanted to spend some more time with his family and make more money working for TVA than teaching and coaching combined. Can you blame him? It just wasn't the right place or right time and he had probably forgot how hard it was to teach (especially with all the new standards, high stakes testing, observations, etc...) and coach at the same time. Remember -he came from Maryville College where his responsibilities were to coach basketball - that's it! You need to do some research about coach Herron before you get on her and say things like this about L.C. parents, administrators, or board members -

"I'm guessing political bull crap! Coach Herron seemed to be a good person and a good coach. There is a serious problem somewhere with the administration and school board of Lenoir City Schools."

Once again, YOU have NO CLUE about what you're talking about! I'd venture to say that if you REALLY KNEW some people HALF WAY close to the situation you would find out some not so savory things about coach Herron and things that went on this year at the school. I'm not going to kick her while she's down, but once again you have NO CLUE as to what has gone on with that situation. Have you ever thought that maybe a decision was made for the betterment of the program and the school as a whole? If your TRULY interested in being informed, do some research. As far as the boys coaching position, I think they kept trying to hit a homerun instead of finding the guy they have right now right under their noses. Do some research on why Tony got canned. You'll find it was justified. Wells found the right fit for him at CAK and Kevin Windle is, well, Kevin Windle (6 coaching stops in less than 10 yrs.) Really!? He runs himself off from jobs just by looking at track record alone. How long do you actually think he'll stay @ WB? They made a great decision in hiring Kirkland because he'll bring stability to the program. Basically, get your facts straight before you start blasting people for things you KNOW NOTHING about.

Hey 57in87, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about! You obviously are just an outsider that wants to spout off at the mouth about something YOU know nothing about. Joe Lee might have been run off - give you that one. However, Todd Wright left on his own accord. From what I understand he was not thrilled about teaching low level math or teaching period again. Also, I have heard he truly wanted to spend some more time with his family and make more money working for TVA than teaching and coaching combined. Can you blame him? It just wasn't the right place or right time and he had probably forgot how hard it was to teach (especially with all the new standards, high stakes testing, observations, etc...) and coach at the same time. Remember -he came from Maryville College where his responsibilities were to coach basketball - that's it! You need to do some research about coach Herron before you get on her and say things like this about L.C. parents, administrators, or board members -

"I'm guessing political bull crap! Coach Herron seemed to be a good person and a good coach. There is a serious problem somewhere with the administration and school board of Lenoir City Schools."

Once again, YOU have NO CLUE about what you're talking about! I'd venture to say that if you REALLY KNEW some people HALF WAY close to the situation you would find out some not so savory things about coach Herron and things that went on this year at the school. I'm not going to kick her while she's down, but once again you have NO CLUE as to what has gone on with that situation. Have you ever thought that maybe a decision was made for the betterment of the program and the school as a whole? If your TRULY interested in being informed, do some research. As far as the boys coaching position, I think they kept trying to hit a homerun instead of finding the guy they have right now right under their noses. Do some research on why Tony got canned. You'll find it was justified. Wells found the right fit for him at CAK and Kevin Windle is, well, Kevin Windle (6 coaching stops in less than 10 yrs.) Really!? He runs himself off from jobs just by looking at track record alone. How long do you actually think he'll stay @ WB? They made a great decision in hiring Kirkland because he'll bring stability to the program. Basically, get your facts straight before you start blasting people for things you KNOW NOTHING about.

Please keep my name out of any discussion associated with Lenoir City athletics....Thank you...

Please keep my name out of any discussion associated with Lenoir City athletics....Thank you...

Aaaaaaaaaah...poor baby can't handle the truth. Must have hit a chord with you...Which one are you? Um...Wright - doubtful, Lee - nope, Herron - ha, Wells - c'mon, Tony - maybe, Windle - probable. Stop browsing L.C. posts if you don't want to see your name posted - coachinhoops. Besides, everything I said up there is true and I can back it up if you want to push me. So, go browse other message boards and stop worrying about L.C. because they've stopped worrying about you. By the way, I know who this is just based on the year showing you joined CoachT. Still bitter huh?

I guess since I was born in Lenoir City...I grew up in Lenoir City...Graduated from Lenoir City High School...(Getting ready for my 20 year reunion this summer) I probably have a right to follow LC athletics as long as I want to. Facts are facts... Lenoir City has gone through 8 coaches in basketball in 6 years... Three of which were removed (myself included) The others left on their own. I know Joe Lee and myself would have stayed there as long as we could have because we had pride in the Lenoir City community...The Lord took care of me and I ended up in a better place, so I am not bitter. I am actually sadened by the continual turnover that those kids have to experience year in and year out. I built deep relationships with the younger kids who are still in the program and I hate it for them.

So, since I am being yelled at with capital letters and being talked to quite harshly, you must be an insider school board member or parent that has been responsible for helping make these coaches miserable and/or leave. I know plenty about the situation and know Coach Herron well enough. I also know how people run their mouths about people to try to degrade them and start rumors about them so that they can get their agenda pushed. I beleive that Coach Herron had support from some school board members and community members as well. Just not the right ones!! Since you know all things that is fine and I will be done with the conversation. But we will wait and see what continues to happen at LC. What Coach will be next? I seriously hope that it works out for LCHS and for the kids sake. I hope Coach Kirkland retires there and the next coach girls coach they hire. I hope Coach Zeller spends 20 years there and Coach Mayes does a great job with baseball for years to come. But it is hard enough to win at LC with their talent level in the Region they are in when the pressure is so intense and coaches are not getting opportunities to build a program. Ask any coach that has been there and left recently and they will tell you. And I am definitely not one of them. Good luck at LC and sorry I struck a nerve. You should probably back up from the situation and look at without your rose colored glasses.

So, since I am being yelled at with capital letters and being talked to quite harshly, you must be an insider school board member or parent that has been responsible for helping make these coaches miserable and/or leave. I know plenty about the situation and know Coach Herron well enough. I also know how people run their mouths about people to try to degrade them and start rumors about them so that they can get their agenda pushed. I beleive that Coach Herron had support from some school board members and community members as well. Just not the right ones!! Since you know all things that is fine and I will be done with the conversation. But we will wait and see what continues to happen at LC. What Coach will be next? I seriously hope that it works out for LCHS and for the kids sake. I hope Coach Kirkland retires there and the next coach girls coach they hire. I hope Coach Zeller spends 20 years there and Coach Mayes does a great job with baseball for years to come. But it is hard enough to win at LC with their talent level in the Region they are in when the pressure is so intense and coaches are not getting opportunities to build a program. Ask any coach that has been there and left recently and they will tell you. And I am definitely not one of them. Good luck at LC and sorry I struck a nerve. You should probably back up from the situation and look at without your rose colored glasses.

Not yelling, emphasizing those parts to you. I'll leave it at I know what I know and you can THINK you know what you know. You are the one to close to the situation to not see what went on this year with the girls program and at the school. You have been snowed by certain people into believing what they say instead of what they actually do. Actions speak louder than words. I guess discernment is not your gift. Once again, just ask around and you'll find out what happened with Herron getting hooked and that it was completely justified and good for the students @ L.C. You also might want to get your facts straight about the kind of support Herron had with board members, superintendent, etc... What you're saying is not gospel. In fact, it should give you some faith in the school system that they will not stand for sub-par teaching - among other things. Sometimes it takes a few hires to get it right after someone like Joe Lee has been at a program for almost 30 yrs. Eventually they'll get it right. I also agree that the parents can be overbearing, but that is EVERYWHERE you go. You can't name a program that does not have over zealous parents. It's just the way it is now. I'm not saying its right, but it has happened and if you're going to be a coach you're going to have to deal with it.

Edited by I'vegotskills

I guess since I was born in Lenoir City...I grew up in Lenoir City...Graduated from Lenoir City High School...(Getting ready for my 20 year reunion this summer) I probably have a right to follow LC athletics as long as I want to. Facts are facts... Lenoir City has gone through 8 coaches in basketball in 6 years... Three of which were removed (myself included) The others left on their own. I know Joe Lee and myself would have stayed there as long as we could have because we had pride in the Lenoir City community...The Lord took care of me and I ended up in a better place, so I am not bitter. I am actually sadened by the continual turnover that those kids have to experience year in and year out. I built deep relationships with the younger kids who are still in the program and I hate it for them.

If Coach Wright doesn't like teaching, can you explain why he's teaching at Hardin Valley Academy? He's not coaching there either, it's a shame to. He's a great coach and an even better person.