Battle of the Bluff 2012

BigG

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of the top teams in the state, if not the South East, face off Monday at CAK at 7:00. Both are undefeated going into the game. Thoughts?

Ok,dead board, this one is too juicy not to bite on so maybe this will liven things up. CAK certainly needs to be considered top flight in the SOUTH EAST after last weeks convincing wins over perenniel soccer juggernauts, Scott County 11-0 and Tellico Plains 13-0. Serious, g, maybe playing at Bearden Tournament to see how CAK matches up against state teams or Palmetto for a taste of the Carolina's but a schedule loaded with Scott, Tellico, Loudon, Rockwood, Stone, Harriman, etc may be a bit much to be anointing CAK as a "top team in the South East". For you mid and west state folks, CAK playing these teams is comparable to a D1 club team dipping into AYSO/Parks and Rec for over half their matches. Taking nothing away from the effort of AYSO and the A/AA public schools vs club/CAK but the talent/skill imbalance is should we say...extreme. BUT, CAK "has" to play district opponents says the g-man---see Palmetto/Bearden above and feel blessed that you won't face a challenge in A/AA until maybe the state-semi's.

As far as CAK-Catholic...Catholic's 4th (legit) game in 4 days, 5 in 5 comes tomorrow vs Farragut. Who set this schedule up?? So, I will say close early but CAK pulls away late IF they have their legs back from the shellackings last week of Scott and Tellico. Trap game for CAK comes the day after the Catholic game when mighty Oneida visits for a district showdown <g>.

Seriously, how do the boys stay motivated playing a schedule where only 4 or 5 games on an 18 game schedule are competitive??

wired - I understand what you're saying but the bottom line is: you have to play the other teams in your district. I would hardly call CAK's non-district schedule a bunch of pushovers with the likes of Catholic, Hardin Valley, Webb and Farragut. They are heading to Germantown this weekend for a tournament which should have some quality, as well.

Back to the topic - I think this will be close but (as you stated) this being the forth game in as many days (and yes, it is a crazy schedule), Catholic will have some tired legs. 2-1.

Ok,dead board, this one is too juicy not to bite on so maybe this will liven things up. CAK certainly needs to be considered top flight in the SOUTH EAST after last weeks convincing wins over perenniel soccer juggernauts, Scott County 11-0 and Tellico Plains 13-0. Serious, g, maybe playing at Bearden Tournament to see how CAK matches up against state teams or Palmetto for a taste of the Carolina's but a schedule loaded with Scott, Tellico, Loudon, Rockwood, Stone, Harriman, etc may be a bit much to be anointing CAK as a "top team in the South East". For you mid and west state folks, CAK playing these teams is comparable to a D1 club team dipping into AYSO/Parks and Rec for over half their matches. Taking nothing away from the effort of AYSO and the A/AA public schools vs club/CAK but the talent/skill imbalance is should we say...extreme. BUT, CAK "has" to play district opponents says the g-man---see Palmetto/Bearden above and feel blessed that you won't face a challenge in A/AA until maybe the state-semi's.

As far as CAK-Catholic...Catholic's 4th (legit) game in 4 days, 5 in 5 comes tomorrow vs Farragut. Who set this schedule up?? So, I will say close early but CAK pulls away late IF they have their legs back from the shellackings last week of Scott and Tellico. Trap game for CAK comes the day after the Catholic game when mighty Oneida visits for a district showdown <g>.

Seriously, how do the boys stay motivated playing a schedule where only 4 or 5 games on an 18 game schedule are competitive??

Wired, I actually agree with some of what you are saying ( I know, can you believe it?)

I wish CAK had played in the Bearden tournament, but coach had plans to play in one in Memphis. With 11 teams now in CAK's district it leaves little room for the high caliber teams.. I liked their Pre-season (Farragut, Bearden, DB, and West) but they haven't been challenged nearly as much as Catholic (if at all).

I don't really understand the "has" to play. They are district games, they don't get a choice.

I also didn't say they played a hard schedule, just that they have one of the most talented players they have had in a long time. Poke fun at their games all you want. It doesn't take away from the fact that they have legitimate division 1 players on the squad.

I saw Catholics schedule, too, and couldn't believe they had this game right after a difficult Bearden tourney. I do think, however, that Catholic has the talent to overcome this difficult schedule and play a great game tonight (as long at this thunder goes away).

I also agree with the dead boards. This is the first "bait" we have had in a while!

You going to the game?