Eagleville loses

Baseballboy101

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adamsville I thought was better than Huntingdon as far as competitiveness although they had beat y'all once. They hit the ball pretty well against our #6 and #7 for a couple of innings.

We had Huntingdon beat 7-2 in the bottom of the 7th and had the biggest "come apart" that I have ever witnessed. :blink: Final score 8-7.

Who knows what will happen but with Riverside, Friendship Christian, Eagleville and Adamsville all fielding quality teams this year......Murfreesboro will be interesting!

Good luck to all!!!

We had Huntingdon beat 7-2 in the bottom of the 7th and had the biggest "come apart" that I have ever witnessed. :blink: Final score 8-7.

Who knows what will happen but with Riverside, Friendship Christian, Eagleville and Adamsville all fielding quality teams this year......Murfreesboro will be interesting!

Good luck to all!!!

Good luck to all!!!

yea and don't forget huntingdon.we got a pretty good team!

what was the score to the Eagleville/ Summertown double header?

Eagleville won the first game 9-0 pitching their #3. The second game Coach Moore put in all the younger guys and there were several errors. Technically it was still a varsity game but the only starters in the game were the #4 thru #7 pitchers. Basically gave them 1 to 2 innings each. Hate getting the L but I really wouldn't call this one a true varsity game.

Good luck to all!!!

Good luck to y'all also.

Eagleville won the first game 9-0 pitching their #3. The second game Coach Moore put in all the younger guys and there were several errors. Technically it was still a varsity game but the only starters in the game were the #4 thru #7 pitchers. Basically gave them 1 to 2 innings each. Hate getting the L but I really wouldn't call this one a true varsity game.

The 2nd game started out as varsity, did not become a "jv" game until the 4th inning when s'town put together a few hits. First game s'town pitched a sophomore in the middle of depth on pitching, in the second game, s'town pitched a freshman!

The 2nd game started out as varsity, did not become a "jv" game until the 4th inning when s'town put together a few hits. First game s'town pitched a sophomore in the middle of depth on pitching, in the second game, s'town pitched a freshman!

It may have started out as a varsity game for Summertown but Eagleville had 2 starters from the first game in the 2nd game, one of those was on the mound to pitch and the other played one inning and was out. The only other starters from the first game were on the mound only and they were #5-7 pitchers. Trust me I know our lineup and I was there for both games. Not trying to bash Summertown just stating we had our younger guys in from the start in the second game and they made a lot of errors. In the first game our #3 pitcher was on the mound. Summertown is a great program, they're a young team this year for the most part. There's no questioning the quality of their program.

Edited by redkuda

It may have started out as a varsity game for Summertown but Eagleville had 2 starters from the first game in the 2nd game, one of those was on the mound to pitch and the other played one inning and was out. The only other starters from the first game were on the mound only and they were #5-7 pitchers. Trust me I know our lineup and I was there for both games. Not trying to bash Summertown just stating we had our younger guys in from the start in the second game and they made a lot of errors. In the first game our #3 pitcher was on the mound. Summertown is a great program, they're a young team this year for the most part. There's no questioning the quality of their program.

Wasn't saying you were bashing summertown. Summertown is very very young. Our ace currently is a sophomore, and he has pitched HIS last two outings with a pretty bad finger issue. For the most part, our varsity is most schools jv team this season. I was there as well, and what you saw was indicative of the season thus far for summertown. Inconsistancy at batting no matter who were facing has been the theme this year, mostly due to youth. But that is just an excuse. I just hope that Chard will be able to pitch a little before the post season. If so, he would be the only upper classman pitcher other than Roberts, and this is his first year on the mound as a senior. He has been pretty good!

Wasn't saying you were bashing summertown. Summertown is very very young. Our ace currently is a sophomore, and he has pitched HIS last two outings with a pretty bad finger issue. For the most part, our varsity is most schools jv team this season. I was there as well, and what you saw was indicative of the season thus far for summertown. Inconsistancy at batting no matter who were facing has been the theme this year, mostly due to youth. But that is just an excuse. I just hope that Chard will be able to pitch a little before the post season. If so, he would be the only upper classman pitcher other than Roberts, and this is his first year on the mound as a senior. He has been pretty good!

Consistency is probably the hardest thing, especially with a young team. They will only get better. It's difficult when you don't have a lot of experienced pitching. They just need mound time and the more pitching the young guys see, especially good pitching the better they will be.