Coaching change at Page? Whats up?

This school will NEVER be known for outstanding teams until they get rid of the principal. Yes they have an outstanding volleyball team but she will never allow someone to come in there and make the school a power in anything. She puts on a great show but she does not know anything about sports and she will be the first to tell you that she doesn't but let a good coach come in and see how long they stay! This school is a coaches grave yard stay away if you are smart!

Edited by MidTnBall

Well said MidTn regarding the principal. Apparently she would not hire coaches and Herzog had 1 coach in the building and the rest were non-faculty or off campus.

Volsrock is there any staff left and if so who will get the HC job? Who would want it?

As far as .500 ball, MidTn, from the people I've talked to at Page, Herzog was changing the culture and doing some really good things that would have created a winning environment. Guess we'll never know.

First off having played for Coach Herzog and following the team closely last season it became more and more obvious that he had things going in the right direction and its a shame he wont be there anymore. I think they can find a good replacement from the group of assistants and keep things going in the right direction just not as much without Herzog. It is however not a coaches graveyard and you can get this program on top just like in the 90s. It just may not happen anytime soon with the principal problems. Maybe we see the return of some former coaches who were very successful here at one time, that would be great. I just hope for the best for this program.

Go Patriots!

Coached with all these guys, Bennett, Palmer, Rathbone, Gilbeaugh, all great football coaches, but better yet good people. Can't say enough about how glad I am the Bone finally got his chance. It is well deserved, and I truly hope the administration will change somewhat to see that he is successful. Best wishes Coach Rathbone and the Page football family.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Herzog is a great coach, you couldn't ask for a better man.

2. No openings for assistant coaches is what forced the coach to walk away.

This is an educated guess but it stands to reason that he was trying to find an assistant coach to come in and help him and he was blocked by the principal. We will see more and more of this as the new teacher evaluation system takes its toll on coaches. The quality of athletics and sports programs will continue to change as state and national politics drives more standardized testing.

Good luck to coach Herzog. Rathbone will do a good job with what he has but it will be a struggle every season.

Coach Boones first move he needs to make is get Coach Polk back as the offensive coordinator, didnt play for the guy but was in the stands for many of the games and know him personally. The guy can coach and would be a great person to bring back. If he can also get a good defensive coordinator then they will get this thing rolling. Cant wait to see what shakes out Go Patriots!!