Ken Chapman a joke

WowMan

What a joke. Two years in a row Rick Miller is behind the plate in district winners bracket final. The same Rick Miller that child went to Friendship. And conversation heard by coach and obviously Rick on phone when he was just making sure that he had the game and was behind plate. That is a load of bull and ken chapman is a piece of crap for sending him there again. Must be nice to get to carry your own umpire to the game. Sign us up for that.

And the kicked ball to dugout that let run score was a classic.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke. Two years in a row Rick Miller is behind the plate in district winners bracket final. The same Rick Miller that child went to Friendship. And conversation heard by coach and obviously Rick on phone when he was just making sure that he had the game and was behind plate. That is a load of bull and ken chapman is a piece of crap for sending him there again. Must be nice to get to carry your own umpire to the game. Sign us up for that.

Yes his DD did go to school there. He yanked her out mid year because Coach Powell was not playing her, He is not a good UMP, and I am sure for every bad call he made Gville, he made a bad call for FCS. I hear he will be UMPing at the STATE!!! :popcorneater:

Edited by pitching_toe

It blame it on the UMP's Year, if you can't win Blame it on the UMP. :twisted:

I guess everyone like to play when the umpire behind plate is from the opposing team. I still know where to sign up for carrying own umpire. He should just ride with them from Lebanon tomorrow for championship game. Will save gas and a phone call. Gordonsville or Watertown Should get to choose parent to call too

I guess everyone like to play when the umpire behind plate is from the opposing team. I still know where to sign up for carrying own umpire. He should just ride with them from Lebanon tomorrow for championship game. Will save gas and a phone call. Gordonsville or Watertown Should get to choose parent to call too

Would be very interesting to ask the coach if he indeed called the umpire before the game. It has been stated that the ump had a kid or two that went to Friendship and that is a huge conflict of interest within itself. Maybe the Friendship coach wants to let us know if he did call the ump before the game. For the record i don't

have a kid at either school. Lets set the record straight

A situation like is a conflict of interest if indeed what is said is true. I've been watching high school softball and baseball for long time and I have definately seen my fair share of terrible umpiring, but I have never seen an umpire responsible for one team losing and/or another team winning a ball game. I wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened; for all I know I he could have actually blew the game completely. However, usually when I game is blamed on an umpire it usually for a few bad calls and that is the reason they lost, but forget about a bad play or two that was botched that could have changed the out come as well...no matter what it was the umps fault. Also, fans comletely ignore the fact that the other team got a few bad calls as well because fans are usually oblivious to the bad calls the other teams get and usually think they're the only team that gets screwed.

Edited by swanson71

Not the point. Would you want to play district tournament with umpires who kids went to opposing school in recent year behind plate. Shouldn't ever happen.

He is a terrible umpire who thinks everyone pays to watch him

Been there, done that...the district tournament isn't where it matters, take care of business in the region! :thumb:

Edited by swanson71