Centennial High School 2012 Scrimmages

After two weeks of watching Centennial scrimmage Mt.Juliet and then last night Clarksville Northeast with a highly recruited player they once again played impressively. Last week against Mt.Juliet they went up 5 or so TD's before it seemed they even got a first down. Their passing game was exceptional as was their defense. Last night against a faster and stronger Clarksville team, they showed how well Rector and his coaching staff made adjustments to put constant pressure and win pretty easy. I think any Williamson County team is going to have their hands full with Rector's team. They are in excellent condition, play very cohesively and show a tremendous amount of control and heart. I think they are the team to challenge certainly in Williamson County and will make a run outside of the county.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After two weeks of watching Centennial scrimmage Mt.Juliet and then last night Clarksville Northeast with a highly recruited player they once again played impressively. Last week against Mt.Juliet they went up 5 or so TD's before it seemed they even got a first down. Their passing game was exceptional as was their defense. Last night against a faster and stronger Clarksville team, they showed how well Rector and his coaching staff made adjustments to put constant pressure and win pretty easy. I think any Williamson County team is going to have their hands full with Rector's team. They are in excellent condition, play very cohesively and show a tremendous amount of control and heart. I think they are the team to challenge certainly in Williamson County and will make a run outside of the county.

Were they missing any baseball players that will be contributors?

Edited by BT Mafia

Here we go again. Centennial fans running their mouths after two SPRING games like they have made it to the state championship. Spring ball is very deceiving. Each team approaches it differently. Some teams use it to build depth, others use it just for starters. You don't win games in the spring. You win games in the fall.

Centennial will finish no better than 3rd in this district. I say they lose to Brentwood and Hillsboro. If I was a coach in this district I would be concerned with Hillsboro. They have had the athletes for years and now they have a coach. Brentwood will continue to be Brentwood even with a new coach. If Indy can find some offense they will give Centennial trouble.

Hoover??? As in Hoover High School in Alabama???

Yes Hoover ,Alabama. The way Centennial practices and the way they execute what they do is the comparison to Hoover. I am not saying Centennial is Hoover but their approach in coaching and practicing is very similar and has made them a good team. As for next season, the games will have to be played on the field in real game conditions,but based on what I have seen they will be a good team and teams will have to play well to beat them.

Here we go again. Centennial fans running their mouths after two SPRING games like they have made it to the state championship. Spring ball is very deceiving. Each team approaches it differently. Some teams use it to build depth, others use it just for starters. You don't win games in the spring. You win games in the fall.

Centennial will finish no better than 3rd in this district. I say they lose to Brentwood and Hillsboro. If I was a coach in this district I would be concerned with Hillsboro. They have had the athletes for years and now they have a coach. Brentwood will continue to be Brentwood even with a new coach. If Indy can find some offense they will give Centennial trouble.

I agree with the Hillsboro comment. Things have been very quiet spring wise over there.. But if I know their coach they are definitely gonna be a threat..

runtheball has been around football for more years than you are old. He isn't a CHS homer but someone who has tons of experience and knows what he's talking about. His opionion carries more weight than the vast majority of posters so this endorsement has credence.

I agree with the Hillsboro comment. Things have been very quiet spring wise over there.. But if I know their coach they are definitely gonna be a threat..

I saw some of the Franklin and Glencliff scrimmage Friday night. Glencliff would be on offense and gain very little each play,but a couple of times they broke a long run for a score.They were able to go deep also but failed to make the catch. Hillsboro ,like all metro schools will have big play capability and this makes them dangerous.

runtheball has been around football for more years than you are old. He isn't a CHS homer but someone who has tons of experience and knows what he's talking about. His opionion carries more weight than the vast majority of posters so this endorsement has credence.

Got to agree with this as runtheball is paid to watch high school teams and players for a living.

My big question would be is Mt Juliet down this year for Centennial to look so good? If so then Williamson County had better take Centennial more serious than they have in the past.

I saw some of the Franklin and Glencliff scrimmage Friday night. Glencliff would be on offense and gain very little each play,but a couple of times they broke a long run for a score.They were able to go deep also but failed to make the catch. Hillsboro ,like all metro schools will have big play capability and this makes them dangerous.

Hey runtheball, what did you think of Franklin as a whole? What they look like on offense?