game of the year-morristown west vs. greeneville

maxx69

Guest trojanball4
Posted by stopgo:
Posted by pillslinger:

what does smoking have to do with a great game? both endzones are smoking areas to begin with. The game was amazing, but the students from g'ville deserved a lot worse than what the got. Any student section that goes into the opposing teams stands just to make noise and annoy the home crowd should definitly get a beatin, that showed absolutly no CLASS. Why did the G'ville coach not want to meet Woods on the fifty after the game? From what I could see he just walked off and old man Woods had to chase him down. why did g'vill coach do that? great game for both teams.

It has nothing to do with the playing itself. However, the fans do have something to do with the game. The players couldn't even hear the Greeneville fans from where they had to sit.

The reason we were on the other side is because the police officer told us to go over there. There were absolutely no seats on the away side. So, we went to that side since there were seats & we were told to do so. Then, once we get there we were asked to leave. Get a decent stadium that can hold a crowd.

yea ok tell the whole story you should have told them that you went over to the west side stands and stood right in front of like 3 rows. you all were standin in front of everybody to where they couldnt see. you all were showing your class right there. but hey you looked real cool doin it. and that comment about you all would have won if your alls student section was in the right place. thats a bunch of bs too. lame excuse.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are you talking about? entry fees? I have sponsors who pay our AAU fees. So talk about something you know. As for a trash-talker, I never talked trash in High School. I was too skinny. Now on the retirement court, yes. Talking trash and class are two different things you might want to investigate a little bit more. Besides, it's a lot more than me that has the same opinion about Greeneville football.

I'm not sure what people in Morristown call class, but let me bring out a few things that really , in my opinion, doesn't show any at all:

1) A sportswriter who uses an opposing player's name as the headlines in a negative way "Baugh" Huumbug. This seems to be really downgrading the best quarterback in the 5 rivers conference, who certainly doesn't wear crimson and white, when both teams really played their hearts out.

2) How about a coach that calls up on the day of a B-team game and cancels due to lack of players. I believe that there were somewhere around 90 plyers in crimson the other night, and I'm sure that they all did not get to play. Oh, by the way, this is the 2nd year in a row that he (Woods) has cancelled. If I were a player that had put in all of that hard work, just as the straters do, I'm sure that I would not appreciate my b-team games being called due to lack of players.

3) Justin, I'm not sure where you get off saying that all Greeneville sports teams have no class. Do you have any proof to back up this statement, because I have been associated with the greene Devil athletic program for over 10 years now, and even though I don't agree with everything that our students do, I have had some other fans personally tell me thanks for the way that our kids act.

We as parents, administrators, spectators, and media, sometime try to really put the blame off on the kids, when sometimes, we need to look at who's really doing the talking. Great game on both teams behalf and I really hope that we meet other again in 5 weeks for a chance to play in the state semis, because I really feel that it will be another great one. :)

I will come to the defense of Greeneville. My statement was made towards the football program. The other sports I no nothing about but basketball. And the basketball team is very classy. LAst year when they lost to S. Hill in Regionals, they didn't complain. It was a hard fought game. So, your comment, JHITE7, is a stereotype of Greeneville that all programs of their school are classless. I din't believe any school has all classless programs.

Well, I have played Greeneville teams all my life, and alot of them have been classless. However, I do have respect for some of the baseball players that i have played against thru the years. But there is alot of bush league stuff that goes on within alot of their sports programs, and every year at football games, some of their fans are always trying to get something started.

Posted by gogreene:

I'm not sure what people in Morristown call class, but let me bring out a few things that really , in my opinion, doesn't show any at all:

1) A sportswriter who uses an opposing player's name as the headlines in a negative way "Baugh" Huumbug. This seems to be really downgrading the best quarterback in the 5 rivers conference, who certainly doesn't wear crimson and white, when both teams really played their hearts out.

2) How about a coach that calls up on the day of a B-team game and cancels due to lack of players. I believe that there were somewhere around 90 plyers in crimson the other night, and I'm sure that they all did not get to play. Oh, by the way, this is the 2nd year in a row that he (Woods) has cancelled. If I were a player that had put in all of that hard work, just as the straters do, I'm sure that I would not appreciate my b-team games being called due to lack of players.

3) Justin, I'm not sure where you get off saying that all Greeneville sports teams have no class. Do you have any proof to back up this statement, because I have been associated with the greene Devil athletic program for over 10 years now, and even though I don't agree with everything that our students do, I have had some other fans personally tell me thanks for the way that our kids act.

We as parents, administrators, spectators, and media, sometime try to really put the blame off on the kids, when sometimes, we need to look at who's really doing the talking. Great game on both teams behalf and I really hope that we meet other again in 5 weeks for a chance to play in the state semis, because I really feel that it will be another great one. ;)

OK, I didn't even want to reply to this because the post was ignorant to begin with but here it goes.

I am the sports writer who wrote the game and used Cody Baugh's name in the Headline.

I have no problem with Greeneville or its sports teams for that matter.

I alway enjoy watching them play because it is ussually a good game to observe.

But now I do have a problem with GOGREENE because of his or her post.

Fist of all the headline in no way downgraded Cody Baugh or Greeneville, the headline stated:

'Baugh' Humbug- in bold letters

below that it stated - Greeneville quarterback wasn't enough.

How does that downgrade a player?

His team losses and his name is still in the headline.

If anything it is an honor!

I had the kid with over 400 yards passing and so did the official stat man for west and that is what I printed, unlike his home paper only giving him credit for 370 something.

I even voted for the kid as Tennessee Player of the Week!

An honor that he shared with West quarterback Drew Southerland.

In my line of bussiness the goal is to make the story, picture, and Headline appealing to the reader.

Would you had rather me put WEST 45, Greeneville 42 in bold print.

That would have been real pretty huh.

Before you come on here and state things you know nothing about, you need to get the facts straight.

As for saying Southerland was better than Baugh?

Did I say that?

If I am not mistaken there was quotation marks around that!

In Morristown and every other state and province that I know of that means the statement is attributed to the name after the quote which in this case was Don Woods.

I never said that and I don't know what high school you failed out of but did they not teach you that.

I personally think Baugh is a great quarterback and he was the only reason the Greene Devils were in the game at the end.

The fact is, his two interceptions led to 14 points for the Trojans.

One was intercepted on the 14 and four plays later West scored.

The second was a poorly thrown ball behind the runningback out of the back field that was taken in for the go-ahead score.

I am not here to fluff up players and tell everyone how good they are!

I am here to report the facts nothing else.

OH BY THE WAY

Maryville brought alot more fans and students to the game at the same Burke-Toney Stadium for its contest with Morristown West.

Isn't it funny how non of them whined about treatment.

Well, I guess when you lose you blame it on everything but the facts.

The sad part about it is a great game between, what I think is two of the top 5 teams in the state, is marred by stupid fans making excusses.

The Greeneville players, coaches, and respectful fans are not to blame for this.

It is a small percent of people that just can't face the facts.

;)

Posted by stopgo:
Posted by ctsports:

'Baugh' Humbug- in bold letters

If anything it is an honor!

Baugh Humbug is an honor? Uh....

Would you had rather me put WEST 45, Greeneville 42 in bold print.

Yes

you need to get the facts straight.

What facts weren't straight?

Maryville brought alot more fans and students to the game at the same Burke-Toney Stadium

So, where did they sit?

I can't believe you are a writer...

You seem to be a typical Greeneville fan!

I am not only a writer, I am a good one.

This is exactly what I am talking about with Greeneville. It's people like you stopgo that give Greeneville a bad name. and to answer your question...they sat on the opposite side and alot of them stood in the endzones. Yes I will agree that Burke-Toney is not the greatest stadium in the world, but if you hate it so much....find a way for the Hamblen county school board to build a new field for West. You all complained the whole time, and then used a lame excuse that you all would have won had you had your student section. But I'll tell that not one person in West's student section stuffed Thomas Lister for no yards....because the Trojan Defense done that, so come up with a better excuse.

I am not arguing with a student I am just posting my reasons for doing what I did and the thing about getting the facts straight was dealing with the headline.

I don't come to Ingles and tell you how to bag my food so don't tell me how to do my job!

In the end it doesn't matter, because nothing you or anyone else can put on this message board can change the outcome of last week's game.

And oh bye the way, I don't write articles or headlines for the aproval of some inbred Greeneville native.

I write them to deliver the facts.

If Greeneville had won they would have been happy and nothing would've been said, but that wasn't the case.

For all I know Greeneville may beat West if they meet again, but I do know this. If the Greene Devils don't do something about their defense it could get real ugly if they meet Maryville.

Even more ugly than the 49-7 whipping the Rebels gave West.

THAT IS A FACT!

;)

Posted by GoodSpeed03:

i was on the field, so i don't know what all happened or where it all took place, but burke-toney does have a smoking area right below the scoreboard all along the fence behind the endzone

ummmm if this is who i think it is and i'm pretty sure i know who it is.... how could u have been on the field if u don't even go to west?