riverdale/soddy

WhocaresIcare

Riverdale beat Soddy at Soddy in '09 to reach state, which they subsequently won.

wow, seriously? Cat graduated in '08, so who was the pitcher? if i do the math right, rachel allbritton would have been a freshman. they must have had a good team. who did they beat in state? thanks for info. been out of the loop for a while.

congrats to all teams making it to state.

anyone have any predictions. heard coffee county is a team to look out for

wow, seriously? Cat graduated in '08, so who was the pitcher? if i do the math right, rachel allbritton would have been a freshman. they must have had a good team. who did they beat in state? thanks for info. been out of the loop for a while.

congrats to all teams making it to state.

anyone have any predictions. heard coffee county is a team to look out for

Sam Hoadwonic, a Sophomore at the time, was the Riverdale pitcher in '09. They had to beat Beech twice in the championship round (4-2 in Game 1, 9-1 in Game 2), as Beech had put them in the Losers' Bracket with a 6-0 win earlier in the tournament.

Siegel also made that tournament, and Riverdale knocked them out. Oddly enough, it was Siegel who beat Riverdale in the 4-AAA final, sending the Lady Warriors to Soddy.

During the offseason, Albritton worked hard enough to gain the starter's spot from Hoadwonic, who left the team after the 2010 season.

Predictions? I can't see it being anyone other than Beech and Soddy. Having seen most of these teams, I'd say Coffee and Mt. Juliet are probably their biggest threats.

Sam Hoadwonic, a Sophomore at the time, was the Riverdale pitcher in '09. They had to beat Beech twice in the championship round (4-2 in Game 1, 9-1 in Game 2), as Beech had put them in the Losers' Bracket with a 6-0 win earlier in the tournament.

Siegel also made that tournament, and Riverdale knocked them out. Oddly enough, it was Siegel who beat Riverdale in the 4-AAA final, sending the Lady Warriors to Soddy.

During the offseason, Albritton worked hard enough to gain the starter's spot from Hoadwonic, who left the team after the 2010 season.

Predictions? I can't see it being anyone other than Beech and Soddy. Having seen most of these teams, I'd say Coffee and Mt. Juliet are probably their biggest threats.

Was Rachel eligible in '09? She played '08 at Mt Juliet Middle School then transferred to Riverdale for 9th grade. I don't know if the transfer rules apply between middle and high school the same as they do high school to high school.

As for predictions, I agree that Soddy or Beech should probably be the favorites. Of course Soddy and Riverdale where the favorites last year...

Good luck to all of the teams!

Was Rachel eligible in '09? She played '08 at Mt Juliet Middle School then transferred to Riverdale for 9th grade. I don't know if the transfer rules apply between middle and high school the same as they do high school to high school.

As for predictions, I agree that Soddy or Beech should probably be the favorites. Of course Soddy and Riverdale where the favorites last year...

Good luck to all of the teams!

Rachel was eligible, because she was pitching JV. Whether she was eligible to relieve in State, I'm not sure, since an active roster for State can only have 18 players selected by the head coach.

a sophmore, wow. has any other sophmore won state? seems impressive to me. It seems to me that this year is going to be impressive by all the teams. can't wait to see how this plays out.