District 10-AAA

MSURacer

Still a couple months short of fall practice, but how does everyone see it shaping up? I know very little about a few teams, but here are some of my early preseason takes.

1. Henry County- Graduated a lot of talent, but still have some very good players coming back and a lot of good young players to step in and fill the void. It's far from a given that we take the district crown for a 4th straight year, but even still, we've only lost 1 district game the last 3 years, and we will still be a tough out for anybody. So I'm putting us on top until somebody knocks us off.

2. Dickson County- This could be their year. The stars seem to be aligning for them somewhat. Henry County is replacing a lot, while Dickson brings back 17 or 18 starters off last year's 8-3 squad. Plus they get us at their place this year. This will be their best chance in a long time.

3. Clarksville Northeast- Two words: Look out. Another team with a lot coming back. 18 starters return from a team that finished 7-5 last season, including stand-out quarterback Jalen Reeves-Maybin, who might be the best, most explosive player in the district this season. Honestly, I think this could be the best team they've fielded since Travis Stephens was there back in the mid 90's. Also another team that gets us at their place.

4./5. As it stands, I think Clarksville High and Springfield are interchangeable at this spot. Even though CHS lost their stud quarterback, they are usually solid coming out of Clarksville. Springfield has some good talent returning, but with an entirely new coaching staff, it's hard to tell how they will look this year. I personally would lean towards Springfield, because they do have some good looking senior talent, but like I said, Clarksville will likely be ready to play.

6. Kenwood- Been a rough few years for them. Not sure they can compete for one of the top spots, but Maleek Hall is a STUD. Their running game will get them some wins.

7. Rossview- Admittedly I know nothing about them, but I expect much of the same.

8. West Creek- See #7.

9. Clarksville Northwest- I don't think they've even found a head coach yet. They might have trouble winning a single game.

All in all, I do not expect a cakewalk for Henry County this year. I think that we, along with Dickson County and Northeast are all legitimate contenders. Also, Clarksville and Springfield could surprise people. Should be the most interesting year since the new District 10-AAA was formed.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a couple months short of fall practice, but how does everyone see it shaping up? I know very little about a few teams, but here are some of my early preseason takes.

1. Henry County- Graduated a lot of talent, but still have some very good players coming back and a lot of good young players to step in and fill the void. It's far from a given that we take the district crown for a 4th straight year, but even still, we've only lost 1 district game the last 3 years, and we will still be a tough out for anybody. So I'm putting us on top until somebody knocks us off.

2. Dickson County- This could be their year. The stars seem to be aligning for them somewhat. Henry County is replacing a lot, while Dickson brings back 17 or 18 starters off last year's 8-3 squad. Plus they get us at their place this year. This will be their best chance in a long time.

3. Clarksville Northeast- Two words: Look out. Another team with a lot coming back. 18 starters return from a team that finished 7-5 last season, including stand-out quarterback Jalen Reeves-Maybin, who might be the best, most explosive player in the district this season. Honestly, I think this could be the best team they've fielded since Travis Stephens was there back in the mid 90's. Also another team that gets us at their place.

4./5. As it stands, I think Clarksville High and Springfield are interchangeable at this spot. Even though CHS lost their stud quarterback, they are usually solid coming out of Clarksville. Springfield has some good talent returning, but with an entirely new coaching staff, it's hard to tell how they will look this year. I personally would lean towards Springfield, because they do have some good looking senior talent, but like I said, Clarksville will likely be ready to play.

6. Kenwood- Been a rough few years for them. Not sure they can compete for one of the top spots, but Maleek Hall is a STUD. Their running game will get them some wins.

7. Rossview- Admittedly I know nothing about them, but I expect much of the same.

8. West Creek- See #7.

9. Clarksville Northwest- I don't think they've even found a head coach yet. They might have trouble winning a single game.

All in all, I do not expect a cakewalk for Henry County this year. I think that we, along with Dickson County and Northeast are all legitimate contenders. Also, Clarksville and Springfield could surprise people. Should be the most interesting year since the new District 10-AAA was formed.

You have DC picked second with lots of kids returning. I'm curious to know if they were missing any players this spring. Beech went to Dickson and totally dominated them. I believe the final score was 5-0 and DC never came close to scoring on Beech's starters.

You have DC picked second with lots of kids returning. I'm curious to know if they were missing any players this spring. Beech went to Dickson and totally dominated them. I believe the final score was 5-0 and DC never came close to scoring on Beech's starters.

I'm not sure. They might have had quite a few players involved in other spring sports, but I don't know. I usually don't put much stock into spring scrimmages, but I didn't know they'd been dominated like that. Either Beech is very, very good, or Dickson isn't as good as I think they can be. Either way, my picking them second is based solely on what I heard they have coming back, coupled with last year's results.

I'm not sure. They might have had quite a few players involved in other spring sports, but I don't know. I usually don't put much stock into spring scrimmages, but I didn't know they'd been dominated like that. Either Beech is very, very good, or Dickson isn't as good as I think they can be. Either way, my picking them second is based solely on what I heard they have coming back, coupled with last year's results.

Breaking news.....Beech is REALLY good!

Breaking news.....Beech is REALLY good!

I know they're expecting to have a very good bunch this season, and we get the "pleasure" of hosting them week 1. For better or worse, we should find out where we stand pretty quickly. Good early season measuring stick.

8. West Creek- See #7.

Seems pretty spot on to me at this point.

When looking at our schedule as a whole, all of our more challenging games are on the road with the exception of Beech; Liberty, Springfield, Northeast, and Dickson County. I still have us finishing either 1st or 2nd, but it won't be as easy.

Edited by RedSwarm10

I know they're expecting to have a very good bunch this season, and we get the "pleasure" of hosting them week 1. For better or worse, we should find out where we stand pretty quickly. Good early season measuring stick.

Agreed. I heard one of their best players got suspended or something, but they should still be a tough match. I bet Patriot Stadium will be packed for that one.

Agreed. I heard one of their best players got suspended or something, but they should still be a tough match. I bet Patriot Stadium will be packed for that one.

True. Their other returning starter at RB, not Hurd, will be suspended for the first 4 or 5 games for disciplinary reasons. He did not participate in spring practice. Hopefully he gets things in order and is back for the stretch run and the playoffs. This will be my first trip to HC. Looking forward to it. Beech will find out a lot about just how good they are too in that one.

True. Their other returning starter at RB, not Hurd, will be suspended for the first 4 or 5 games for disciplinary reasons. He did not participate in spring practice. Hopefully he gets things in order and is back for the stretch run and the playoffs. This will be my first trip to HC. Looking forward to it. Beech will find out a lot about just how good they are too in that one.

Tandem...we too are looking forward to your visit. We are also excited to see your Buccaneers again..(I think)! Given the level of competition, the atmosphere, and the mutual respect the HC/Beech fans, students, and coaching staffs share, I certainly hope this is a game renewed for another 2 years following this season! Understanding that this is your first "football visit" to Paris...we are hopeful it will not be your last! Without a doubt...regardless of outcome..this game helps each team in regards to district and postseason preparation!

#1 and #4 (lb) moved, and they were rising seniors. the qb (#7) won't be returning because he is focusing on basketball and is committed to VCU for basketball. #51 (lineman) wasn't in the spring game because he was wearing a brace on his hand.

Edited by AnchorDown