District 10-AAA

MSURacer

#1 and #4 (lb) moved, and they were rising seniors. the qb (#7) won't be returning because he is focusing on basketball and is committed to VCU for basketball. #51 (lineman) wasn't in the spring game because he was wearing a brace on his hand.

That's a huge loss, but he is a terrific basketball player.

Edited by RedSwarm10

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 and #4 (lb) moved, and they were rising seniors. the qb (#7) won't be returning because he is focusing on basketball and is committed to VCU for basketball. #51 (lineman) wasn't in the spring game because he was wearing a brace on his hand.

While this is disturbing news for fans of Cougar football...I'm quite certain that Coach Williams will plug in some new yet capable pieces....we've learned over the years to never underestimate nor turn our backs on the Cougars....they can sting when you least expect it!

On a different note...welcome to the CoachT boards "AnchorDown"! I must say that I love the name...and its suggestions of allegiance to the Black and Gold!.....also, if my presumptions are accurate, I will take each of your posts as "spot on" given your "closeness" to the DC athletic program. Please keep us informed!

That is insane.

How is that in comparison to your previous numbers? Didn't you guys have 70+ working out last season?

Last season during the spring upper 40's for spring practice. In the fall with incoming freshmen,the roster listed 68 players.

Hey Prez,

I read where the TSSAA is considering reclassification again and possibly back to 5 classes. If that happens, will we (Henry County) go back to the West TN district?

I have no idea...however, if you remember the first time the TSSAA went to 5 classifications, the TSSAA dropped the term "districts" and classified by "regions" which put Henry County in Region 6-AAAAA. Others in that region were Hunters Lane, Northwest, Dickson County, MBA, Northeast, Whites Creek, and Hillwood. Two years later, Hillsboro replaced Hillwood and Glencliff replaced Whites Creek as Region 6-5A members. Nonetheless, there is little advantage (in my opinion) to returning to a West Tennessee district or region. It does not necessarily improve the competition, ensure a better playoff seeding, nor shorten our travel obligations....therefore, I would not be a fan!

I would love to hear others opinions on this same subject..especially the Olddevil's!

I have no idea...however, if you remember the first time the TSSAA went to 5 classifications, the TSSAA dropped the term "districts" and classified by "regions" which put Henry County in Region 6-AAAAA. Others in that region were Hunters Lane, Northwest, Dickson County, MBA, Northeast, Whites Creek, and Hillwood. Two years later, Hillsboro replaced Hillwood and Glencliff replaced Whites Creek as Region 6-5A members. Nonetheless, there is little advantage (in my opinion) to returning to a West Tennessee district or region. It does not necessarily improve the competition, ensure a better playoff seeding, nor shorten our travel obligations....therefore, I would not be a fan!

I would love to hear others opinions on this same subject..especially the Olddevil's!

I expect the TSSAA to keep the 6 class format, but to separate the mixed districts into single-class regions. I just don't know if I can see them eliminating the revenue that those 32 extra playoff teams bring in. However, I would have no problem with returning to 5 classes.

If they do go back to the old system, I'm curious as to what our enrollment numbers look like. Do you think we would remain in 5A, or return to 4A where we were from 2005-2008?

I expect the TSSAA to keep the 6 class format, but to separate the mixed districts into single-class regions. I just don't know if I can see them eliminating the revenue that those 32 extra playoff teams bring in. However, I would have no problem with returning to 5 classes.

If they do go back to the old system, I'm curious as to what our enrollment numbers look like. Do you think we would remain in 5A, or return to 4A where we were from 2005-2008?

That is impossible to know without seeing enrollment figures from every school in Tennessee. Each class then would have the same number of schools participating...while our numbers have seemingly stayed constant if not dwindled slightly....without knowing the enrollment trends across the state...there's simply no way to tell. Again, we are currently in the "ideal" situation given all factors...the only place we suffer is in the wallet as it pertains to the visitors gate!

In another thread (Reclassification), one poster iists "suggestions" for 5A regions: Henry County, Northeast, Dickson, Hendersonville,Rossview, Mt. Juliet,Station Camp, and Wilson Central in one region and Noethwest. Kenwood West Creek, Gallatin, Beech and others in another. Assuming that enrollment figures placed all these teams in the same bracket(certainly not a certainty) then a travel nightmare has been introduced for HC, the Clarksville schools, and the Sumner schools! Surely this madness would never pass!! I like where we are from a travel stand point but I also enoyed the West Tennessee travel during that time allthough it was difficult and expensive.Wherever HC is placed, that region's teams will be getting one of the best visitor gates in the state.I'm uncertain of what you meant bycalling our situation ideal. I would say that we have one of the most disadvantagous geographic locales in the state.

GO BIG RED

In another thread (Reclassification), one poster iists "suggestions" for 5A regions: Henry County, Northeast, Dickson, Hendersonville,Rossview, Mt. Juliet,Station Camp, and Wilson Central in one region and Noethwest. Kenwood West Creek, Gallatin, Beech and others in another. Assuming that enrollment figures placed all these teams in the same bracket(certainly not a certainty) then a travel nightmare has been introduced for HC, the Clarksville schools, and the Sumner schools! Surely this madness would never pass!! I like where we are from a travel stand point but I also enoyed the West Tennessee travel during that time allthough it was difficult and expensive.Wherever HC is placed, that region's teams will be getting one of the best visitor gates in the state.I'm uncertain of what you meant bycalling our situation ideal. I would say that we have one of the most disadvantagous geographic locales in the state.

GO BIG RED

Olddevil....in my opinion, our "current" classification and football affiliation with District 10-AAA is "ideal" given the other proposals or past affiliations. The "one poster" mentioned above was my post in the classification thread on this AAA board. As a matter of fact, here is the link from Tom Kreager's article in today's Daily News Journal.

http://www.dnj.com/article/20120612/SPORTS08/306120032/TSSAA-s-proposed-5-class-football-regions

This article spells out the realignment of high school football in Tennessee given the real-time snapshot of enrollment IF play began today. Obviously, enrollment figures will change for all schools as of August and those will be the numbers used to finalize these classes IF the 5-A system is voted in.

The advantages to the 5-A system are....a lesser number of teams in the Region (8 teams) resulting in one less Region/District game allowing Henry County another non-district/region game. (whether a lesser quality opponent or a revenue generating, heavliy followed team) It will also places us (HC) in a region with other communities who further value their schools and follow their athletic teams more abundantly such as Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, and now even Station Camp!

The disadvantages are of course a much more challenging Region schedule...a more difficult road in the postseason...and a fraction greater travel (that we have all grown accustomed to).

With all of that said...I am a fan of the CURRENT Z-Plan system and see ZERO need to return to the 5A plan...nonetheless, if that is what is chosen, we will land in a favorable situation given the other possibilities!